It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Publisher of Jewish Times Cries During Apology About Obama Column (video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Of course he got a visit. No one can say anything similar to that and not get a visit. When you get arrested for threatening a president. You are there until the president dies. Obama is young enough to have a long life so therefore this guy could be looking a long time.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I must have missed some information on the publisher, but I was under the impression he was a Zionist.

Yes, but this one man is not Zionism.

Most of his pieces are supportive of extreme Zionism.

Ahh...so? He's writing to his target group, he's employed by a Zionist publisher as you said, correct? Apparently this guy is effective at his job.

Where did you come across the information that he's a nice guy and isn't a Zionist?

You're twisting words now. He's a writer not a politician and as such I will give him the courtesy of a writer. Writers highlight realities. Would you say it is not a very essential reality that is being highlighted by this writer?

Even the rest of his controversial piece is completely extreme even if we leave out the Assassination part.

Yes, but we all know he ruffled the wrong feathers with the Assassination comment and that's why he's apologizing(or forced to apologize).

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

If your perception of the situation is correct, then yes, this would be a shame and i would feel sympathy towards him. Regrettably I'm unable to conclude that this was done as an innocent mistake. Maybe, if he was in college writing a piece for the student paper I would be a bit more lenient in my judgement, but he's a renowned columnist who "knows the ropes" so to speak.

I do agree with you when you say that some Jewish people feel threatened by anti semetic sentiment, but I must point out that a lot of this sentiment is over exaggerated, partly due to hoaxed hate crimes and certain people constantly playing the sympathy card. That's a whole other thread and it wasn't my intention of this discussion but I understand your response and do consider your reply to be on topic considering the flow of the conversation.

In my opinion there is far more anti Muslim sentiment, which we don't hear about nearly as often. I'm a white non religious person so I have no bias in this topic and have reached my views through out my life experiences, if that makes a difference

From what I've seen, most of the threads that discuss Zionism are well balanced and clearly indicate the difference between regular Jews and radical Zionists. I know many people will disagree with me but when you point out all the hatred towards Jews, I can't help but point out all the screams of "anti semite".

People are constantly criticizing Iran, they don't get called Muslim haters, but if you criticize Israel you become an automatic Jew hater. I don't think that's fair.

This man got away with journalistic murder due to his connections, sure he lost his career, but at least he isn't getting water boarded. He will probably end up working for an Israeli publication for all we know making twice as much as he was in Atlanta.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Yes, but this one man is not Zionism.

You keep on repeating this but all the evidence points to the contrary.

Ahh...so? He's writing to his target group, he's employed by a Zionist publisher as you said, correct? Apparently this guy is effective at his job.

I'm not exactly sure of the purpose of that statement.

It seems to contradict your previous sentence I quoted.

You're twisting words now. He's a writer not a politician and as such I will give him the courtesy of a writer. Writers highlight realities. Would you say it is not a very essential reality that is being highlighted by this writer?

I don't perceive my statement to be twisting your words. You claimed that he was a nice guy who doesn't support Zionism and I merely mentioned that you are most likely wrong. This wasn't a college frat boy who got drunk and did something stupid, this was a credentialed member of the press who suggested the assassination of the President of the United States to protect the state of Israel from an imaginary enemy. This man deserves no sympathy, in fact, I think I'm going a bit easy on him.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Blaine91555

Why do think the guy even wrote the article in the first place ?

What exactly was his purpose ?

He MUST have had SOME ideas in mind ...... unless he was in some kind of hypnotic stupor.

What if he was an Iranian or a regular everyday American ?

Jail, prison, Gitmo by now maybe ?

There is quite a double standard going on here. Remember how the Muslim preacher Anwar al-Awlaki was murdered in Yemen. Aliki was killed for the things he had said. The government alleged, that he was also plotting diverse terror attacks, but refused to provide any evidence to back its claims.

In fact his father, the ACLU and the CCR sought an injunction and tried to prevent the targeted killing of al-Awlaki, they also sought to require the government to disclose the standards under which U.S. citizens may be "targeted for death". The injunction was rejected.

American militants like Anwar al-Awlaki are placed on a kill or capture list by a secretive panel of senior government officials, which then informs the president of its decisions . . . . There is no public record of the operations or decisions of the panel, which is a subset of the White House’s National Security Council . . . . Neither is there any law establishing its existence or setting out the rules by which it is supposed to operate. . . . The role of the president in ordering or ratifying a decision to target a citizen is fuzzy. White House spokesman Tommy Vietor declined to discuss anything about the process. . . .

www.salon.com...

Justin Raimondo wrote a fine opinion piece for antiwar.com.

There’s no doubt about it: Andrew B. Adler, the editor of the Atlanta Jewish Times, is a fool. His article advocating the assassination of President Obama has by now been broadcast all over the internet, and brought condemnation from every quarter down on his head. His tearful apologies, his denials that he actually meant to call for Obama’s death, and the swiftness with which major Jewish organizations distanced themselves from his crazed call are, perhaps, punishment enough for the poor man: I can’t help feeling sorry for him.

original.antiwar.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I think he meant what he said the way he said it. He was very wrong to do what he did. He let hate and fear consume him to the level it overrode his common sense and his ability to see where it was leading him.

Never have I seen a genuine antisemitic person make such an apology. One Jewish person does this it's major news that won't die, but hundreds of Jew Haters can spew their equally horrible garbage and it barely gets noticed.

Just observing the video also makes me believe he may have learned the hard way how hate can consume a person. I'm not making excuses for or apologizing for him in any way. He was wrong. I can only hope he understands how wrong. He deserves what happened to him.

I just hate to see so many threads in one day, or for that matter so many over the last couple of years that indicate how deep the hate is seeded on both sides. I know that most Jewish people are not that way and I also know that most people otherwise do not hate the Jewish People; it's just that those on both sides who do have so much hate are so vocal and in our faces.

We have seen this before in our history and if it continues?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You keep on repeating this but all the evidence points to the contrary.

One man does not equal an ideology. There is no evidence in the world that will prove otherwise.

I'm not exactly sure of the purpose of that statement.

It seems to contradict your previous sentence I quoted.

He is a WRITER. He WRITES so people READ what he WRITES. Simple enough so far? Okay, lets carry on: He is employed as a WRITER by a publisher. This publisher has a target audience they cater too. This writer follows orders, which the publisher gives. Where is the focus on the publisher who is closer to the ideology than this man? Nowhere to be found.

You claimed that he was a nice guy who doesn't support Zionism and I merely mentioned that you are most likely wrong.

I'm sure you know well enough how the internet works to go back and read my post again to see how wrong you are here.

his wasn't a college frat boy who got drunk and did something stupid, this was a credentialed member of the press who suggested the assassination of the President of the United States to protect the state of Israel from an imaginary enemy.

Which is a wrong thing to write, I agree. But in this case, it HIGHLIGHTS what's wrong with the US-Israeli relations, because obviously, the target audience is okay with these things being written. Otherwise, like you stated yourself, there wouldn't be anything written. This is like a gift from heaven for those opposing Zionism...a gift from a non suspecting WRITER.

This man deserves no sympathy, in fact, I think I'm going a bit easy on him.

He also deserves your thanks for laying bare a nerve. To such a degree that he's crying, apologizing. Imagine what pushed him to that point.

edit on 25-1-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I agree he is not a Zionist.

In the sense that the meteorite that hit the earth and wiped out 90% of all life including the dinosaurs way back when before Noah was not a meteorite it was one hell of a meteorite.

This is not a Zionist, this is a 33rd degree douche-bag Zionist scum.

It does not take much to make Zionists look bad but It take a lot to make Zionist look worse than usual and this guy has done that.

He probably would have been better off to say "Damn rights I said that and I am sticking to it." and spend 16 years in jail rather than look like such a coward.

Typical Zionist though who wants American White, Black and Hispanic Christians to go and die to advance the evil cause of Zionism.

Now come on all you Zionists out there, this is just plain entertaining. We don't get to laugh at Zionists often. They are usually killing kids or selling human organs for let us alone to enjoy this, please.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think hes just trying to apologize for not using the right term, like repeal, or cancel

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I am a WRITER. I WRITES so people READ what I WRITES. Simple enough so far? Okay, lets carry on: He is employed as a WRITER (not really) by a publisher (not really). This publisher has a target audience they cater too (so do I). This writer follows orders (not really), which the publisher gives (not really, I think this stuff up on my own). Where is the focus on the publisher who is closer to the ideology than this man? Nowhere to be found.

Yet - yet, I am called an anti-Semite by Khazars and their friends and a Jew hater.

Why - why, not blame someone other than me?

This guy should go to prison for at least a month just so he learns how to cry properly. Send his publisher to prison too, if that makes you feel better.

He looks like the kind of coward who has never been a fight in his life.

Contrary to the pro-Zionists who want to defend this coward are saying this guy is exactly the personification of Zionism. Tough guy until the Secret Service show up at the door.

Well, maybe he blew the cover of a Sayeret Matkal team about to pull off another false-flag attack so maybe we should thank him - but we can still laugh at him.

Originally posted by InfoKartel
He is a WRITER. He WRITES so people READ what he WRITES. Simple enough so far? Okay, lets carry on: He is employed as a WRITER by a publisher. This publisher has a target audience they cater too. This writer follows orders, which the publisher gives. Where is the focus on the publisher who is closer to the ideology than this man? Nowhere to be found.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

Yet - yet, I am called an anti-Semite by Khazars and their friends and a Jew hater.

I really don't care. Neither should you or anyone for that matter, but people do care so there's an issue. Then again, this is more of an ego thing for you than what actually goes on. You want a boogeyman to point at, well, here you have one, enjoy. A sobbing adult. Happy?

Well, maybe he blew the cover of a Sayeret Matkal team about to pull off another false-flag attack so maybe we should thank him - but we can still laugh at him.

Yes, you should thank him for bringing this out. Thank those who made it go viral as well. You can laugh at him all you want, that will only show your weakness and garner more anger on "their" side, empowering that which you are trying to defeat. Meh, but what do I know...RIIIGHT?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don't see this pale little half-baked Khazar as the "boogeyman" at all.

I doubt he has ever killed a Palestinian child or built and illegal settlement on Palestinian land or personally bought off a Senator of Member of the House.

What this guy is a great example of the coward Zionist cheerleaders in American that are complicit in the murder of Palestinian children, rape, torture, extrajudicial execution, nuclear blackmail and all the other pure evil that is carried on in and around Israel and indeed around the world.

I like this guy a lot and would love to take him to a bar on the Southside of Chicago buy him a drink and introduce him to the guys.

Contrary to your "info kartel" this is the exact coward face and coward voice of American Zionism I want Americans to see. I want them to read his faux brave words and to listen to his faux cry-baby words.

I sent this video around to several friends as part of my campaign not to make Israel look bad but to show the truth about Israel and allow Zionists to make Israel look bad and it is working very well.

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by BRAVO949

I really don't care. Neither should you or anyone for that matter, but people do care so there's an issue. Then again, this is more of an ego thing for you than what actually goes on. You want a boogeyman to point at, well, here you have one, enjoy. A sobbing adult. Happy?

Yes, you should thank him for bringing this out. Thank those who made it go viral as well. You can laugh at him all you want, that will only show your weakness and garner more anger on "their" side, empowering that which you are trying to defeat. Meh, but what do I know...RIIIGHT?

edit on 25-1-2012 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Aww... I consider this man forgiven.

I truly believe he regrets saying that.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
A video by a regular guy talking about the Neo-Zionist who suggested a regime change in America.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I personally think this whole incident was taken way out of proportion and there is a stinch of hypocracy among many Americans in their views of some past and present leaders worldwide.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
if this guy was a 'g0y' he would be arrested by now.
because he is ch0sen, he will live a life of luxury in the upper middle class.

you gotta realize, this is the insanity these guys believe.
the elitist thinks he is so above the 'g0ys' that he can say anything, and his brethren will protect him.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Israel has more power than the President over America.

Why is he crying?

When Israel fired 3,000 torpedoes, missiles, and shells at the U.S.S. Liberty.....The President of the United States at the time called back a Carrier Battle Group that was going to go in and protect the Navy sailors/ship being killed by Israel.

Israel's killed Americans before and got away with it. The goal of ZION anyways puts Israel finally in charge of America/World officially and we all bow to them.

If he is in trouble, it's only for letting the cat out the bag to the sheeple of the end goal...ZION.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure if I made a point to assassinate Obama and I had a large audience, I'd be God know's where right about now.

What if he was Muslim?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think maybe Mossad, or a sayanim of Mossad paid our friend a visit, maybe even just a phone call was needed.
What Israel does'nt need and cant have at the moment is anti jewish feeling from the US.
The stunt pulled by this jerk, although trifiling in itself, has generated a firestorm which could again generate a hell of a lot of anti Israel sentiment in America.
With tensions rising day by day in the middle east, what Israel can't afford is people in the US asking why are we supporting these people....I think this guy has just shown the world the true face of contempt Israel has for the US.
I think he just said out loud what many more in the jewish community think.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Yes, Andy, you are right.

I would phrase it a bit differently, though.

The last thing Israel needs is for people to learn the truth about Isael and this particular racist SOB is typical of about 15% of the Jews in the US who we might consider to be radical Zionist lunatics.

I know what you are thinking. Jews only make up 2% of the US population so 15% of 2% is a tiny fraction of the total population.

It is not the morons like this one that bother me it is the billionaire Jews who think just like him that do.

Sheldon Adelson comes to mind. Backer of Newt (what a dumb man thinks a smart man sounds like) Gingrich.

www.somethingjewish.co.uk...

Good time to remind all of you who understand that Zionism is pure evil - boycott everything from Israel and anything that Zionists own to make sure your money does not fund Israeli Apartheid.

Originally posted by andy1972
I think maybe Mossad, or a sayanim of Mossad paid our friend a visit, maybe even just a phone call was needed.
What Israel does'nt need and cant have at the moment is anti jewish feeling from the US.
The stunt pulled by this jerk, although trifiling in itself, has generated a firestorm which could again generate a hell of a lot of anti Israel sentiment in America.
With tensions rising day by day in the middle east, what Israel can't afford is people in the US asking why are we supporting these people....I think this guy has just shown the world the true face of contempt Israel has for the US.
I think he just said out loud what many more in the jewish community think.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join