It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Publisher of Jewish Times Cries During Apology About Obama Column (video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You might remember Andrew Adler as that crazy columnist who suggested that Mossad assassinate the President of the United States to protect Israel from Iran. It looks like he's looking for our sympathy while playing the victim card. I think he expects us to feel sorry for him

Even after all the outrage he still tries to downplay the significance as a hypothetical situation that was taken out of context.

If watching a grown man cry is difficult for you to watch...watch it anyways

Andrew Adler apologizes

Andrew Adler, the beleaguered former publisher of the Atlanta Jewish Times, apologized -- again -- for the column he wrote earlier this month which seemed to suggest Israel ought to consider assassinating the president of the United States for being insufficiently resolute in confronting Iran. Here he gives an interview to a local cable outlet in Atlanta.

blogs.jta.org...

He's not getting any sympathy from me!

I would have certainly been thrown in jail if I had published an article that said those things, or at least a special visit from men in expensive suits.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I could only watch 7 minutes, he is apologizing from fear, not from his heart.

What does he fear? Did he get a visit ?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by electricalpup

I agree, his apology didn't seem very sincere.

Perhaps he did receive a visit which is what caused him to perform this public apology.

My guess is that some of his fellow "colleagues" pressured him to do this as damage control.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
He's clearly acting, and doing it for his own skin.

Getting bad feedback for the hate you spew doesn't make you change your views overnight and feel remorse like he's trying to act out

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Why does he need to apologize? Most likely because the same words he is apologizing for now, make rounds behind close doors elsewhere. Guess where.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Exactly!

He would have never published that article if he was truly sorry for what he said. Like really, who says those crazy things then feels sorry for it later on?

He's only sorry about the public outcry that it caused.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Where can we read to original piece that caused the controversy? I want to read it in its entirety before I watch the apology.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

He's only sorry about the public outcry that it caused.

Anyone can say sorry.

Every prisoner before a judge claims to be sorry, its just for leniency.

But it will do, hes sorry, hes Jewish, hes forgiven.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Someone probably made him frightfully aware that if such an act does take place, he will be the number 1 suspect that they come to.

I can imagine this guys fear.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Where can we read to original piece that caused the controversy? I want to read it in its entirety before I watch the apology.

Here is a thread by xuenchen that covers the incident:

Uproar after Jewish American newspaper publisher suggests Israel assassinate Barack Obama
edit on 25-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: Link

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by electricalpup

I think you're right. He looks dead scared to me. Maybe Mossad had a word with him.

Pssst, Andrew... if someone has threatened to harm you, blink alot.
edit on 25-1-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I agree, his apology didn't seem very sincere.

Sure looks sincere to me. Also sounds sincere. What planet are you guys on?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

He must have sever bi-polar disorder if he went from advocating the assassination of the President all the way to crying out of regret.

I just don't understand how he could publish that article then act surprised when people aren't happy about the content. Sorry, I'm just not buying it. There is regret in his body language, but IMO the regret comes from the hell storm of criticism he has been dealing with.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

He must have sever bi-polar disorder if he went from advocating the assassination of the President all the way to crying out of regret.

What you seem to be missing is the context. This guy is just a writer, he's not Zionism in person.

I just don't understand how he could publish that article then act surprised when people aren't happy about the content.

I don't think he's surprised, he's shocked more likely.

Sorry, I'm just not buying it. There is regret in his body language, but IMO the regret comes from the hell storm of criticism he has been dealing with.

God knows what kind of # this writer has had to deal with since the start of this ordeal, very much like others who write or paint something and then are haunted by the narrow perceptions and pitchforks of others, whom are just itching to point at a boogeyman.

What is strange to me;

This writer just painstakingly makes it clear how unfriendly American-Israeli ties are while American and Israeli leaders say the opposite. No wonder he's being haunted now...but by those opposing Zionism? Strange.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

I must have missed some information on the publisher, but I was under the impression he was a Zionist.

Most of his pieces are supportive of extreme Zionism.

Where did you come across the information that he's a nice guy and isn't a Zionist? Even the rest of his controversial piece is completely extreme even if we leave out the Assassination part.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The apology looks honest to me. Not knowing I'd never twist the knife by not accepting it as honest. That would make me the equivalent of what people complain he is.

The truly sad part of this all is how this provided ammunition for Jew Haters from all over the world and that is even worse than the suggestion in the article he made. True bigots against all Jews will feed of this for some time.

Sadly if his apology is real and I have no reason right now to think otherwise, his apology will be used as a weapon also. Except those using it would never apologize for their hate. Were he truly as vile as they, he would never have allowed that apology to be taped.

I fully expect his name, his article and this video will show up now and then in anti-Semitic rants on ATS for years to come. Luckily true Zionists and their bigoted counterparts in the anti-Semitic community are rare and their numbers are few. Only the true haters on both sides pretend that all Jews are Zionists or that all non-Jews are anti-Semitic. Let's pray that those numbers shrink on both sides.

I can only imagine what it looks like to the Jewish community when they see the in your face anti-Semitic activities of late. I'd imagine one of the goals from the Jew Haters is to stir up this kind of response to justify their own bigotry and hatred.

This is the third thread I've opened today to see a topic intended to demean the Jewish People and spread hate. This is one man, who wrote a very wrong, very bad piece in his paper and this story only involves him except in the eyes of those who want to justify their own hate. This should only reflect badly on him and no other person.

Considering the hate spewed from threads here lately and the in your face bigotry we have seen plenty of lately, if anyone condemns anyone but him, they would be hypocrites of the highest order.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The apology looks honest to me.

I disagree.

...Jew Haters

...True bigots against all Jews

...anti-Semitic rants

...Zionists and their bigoted counterparts in the anti-Semitic community

...Only the true haters on both sides pretend that all Jews are Zionists or that all non-Jews are anti-Semitic.

...Jew Haters

I respect that you have an opinion, but you're laying it on a little thick Blaine.

There is a bigger picture other than your world where you can easily label anyone as a Jew haters or anti semitic if you don't agree with their political opinion. Your avatar tells me that you're American so IMO you should be a little more angry about this man suggesting the assassination of your president to protect Israel rom Iran. Whether you like Obama or not, would you be angered if a Muslim extremist published a paper suggesting the same thing? Any Muslim who wrote the same article in support of protecting Iran would be in Guantanamo with Harold and Kumar.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Oh the poor man , he wrote a script and published it, to how many millions of people? awe.... he said that he was sorry, isnt that enough? After all hes an honest american loving jewish person. He nor any other jewish person, really thinks that. He loves the goy of his host nation. Maybe he is a bit put off, with Obama`s stance towards Israel. After all obama is also jewish. ( His mum was jewish.) So obama is really letting the side down.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I'm hardly laying it on thick here. Anti-Semitic threads are as thick as flies on ATS. This just supplies more ammunition and serves no good purpose.

Only people who are absorbed with hate would spend as much time as some do here, searching for evidence to justify their hatred.

Please don't take it wrong, but I'm sure this will and is already being used to justify things even worse than that person was guilty of.

If he is a genuine Zionist (which I think are rare in the same way Nazi's and other anti-Semitic people are rare) he has paid a dear price. His life's work is up for sale and his career ruined. He of course deserved it if his intent was as you think it was. No argument there. It does not however change the fact that the Jewish People are under attack right now at a level not seen for a few decades. That may be what spawned him.

My other thoughts are legitimate and since the two threads I opened just prior to this one were classic anti-Semitic stuff from the other side of this coin, it was on my mind. Yes, what he did was horrible. Equally as horrible as those who claim to only hate Zionists but who spend so much time obsessing on that, that it's clear they believe all Jews are Zionists. The hate coming from both sides is equally disgusting and wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Why do think the guy even wrote the article in the first place ?

What exactly was his purpose ?

He MUST have had SOME ideas in mind ...... unless he was in some kind of hypnotic stupor.

What if he was an Iranian or a regular everyday American ?

Jail, prison, Gitmo by now maybe ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join