It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the NDE says about Homosexuality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I sometimes get irritated whenever I see that someone has posted a comment about God "hating" homosexual people. I am not one, but I feel that it's important for everyone to understand that they are all loved equally. I would like to take this opportunity to discuss what the Near Death Experiencers have discovered about it.

The Bible and Homosexuality

The Bible was written during a time when society considered all sinners, homosexuals, adulterers, and prostitutes as outcasts and worthy of death. Women had the same status as cattle, slavery was sanctioned, and so-called sexually immoral people were stoned to death. But Jesus didn't follow the social norms of those days. He hung out with sinners, prostitutes, tax collectors and even made some of them apostles.

NDE Analysis of Homosexuality

Countless near-death experiences describe the unconditional love that God has for everyone. This, of course, includes gays and lesbians. Just the fact that God created so many homosexuals (approximately 10% of the population) should be enough proof for any reasonable person. Unfortunately, there are people out there who, out of ignorance, fear, and bigotry, persecute them by treating them as second class citizens. The following insights comes from near-death testimonies concerning bigotry. These insights show how homosexuality is just as natural as heterosexuality and is certainly not offensive to God as some religious texts claim.

*Creed, race, gender, and sexual preference have no real meaning to God. No matter who we are, we were all children joined under one God. The only rule is God's true law "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." (P.M.H. Atwater)

*Those religions which claim superiority over others, or exclude people for various reasons, go against God's law that we love one another as we love ourselves. (Sandra Rogers)

*God is really only concerned about what is within us, our heart and spirituality, not our sexual preference. The way to heaven is through love for everyone unconditionally. We do not go to heaven by worshipping Jesus, or by believing in his name, or by believing in the cross, or by accepting him as our Savior. We grow to heaven by creating heaven within us by practicing the unconditional love of Jesus for everyone no matter who they are. (Kevin Williams' research)

*There is no one religion just as there is no "chosen" people or person. We are all children of God in the sense that we are all souls of God's creation. What counts is what comes from the heart, not what one professes to believe. The most difficult thing for a person who has been deeply steeped in a particular religious tradition is to realize that the form alone is not what elevates a person; it is the heart. (PMH Atwater)

*It also needs to be recognized that not all teachings described as religious are beneficial. Religion which is judgmental, prejudicial, critical, and narrow may impede the spirit's natural growth. It is love, not religion, which creates spiritual growth. Where religion teaches love, there is growth. Where religion impedes love, there is stagnation. (Nora Spurgin)

Click this link if you would like more information on this subject.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Very cool, though I am not homosexual I have found that people who are gay tend to be great people! Any gay men I've met have been nice, and oddly enough very funny (despite what they go through) In this day and age we must move on with love, or be destroyed by hate. S+F for you

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

edit on 25-1-2012 by Lapislazuli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yes! Excellent post. When will people learn that what is in their hearts is what is really important, and not the show they put on by going to church every Sunday and tithing a certain amount each year?

The heart can be hidden from those around you, but cannot be hidden from God.

I never figured that God cared too much about what people do sexually as long as they aren't hurting anybody else. It's just another bodily function, nothing less, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am gonna call a bit of BS on one part of this

The Bible was written during a time when society considered all sinners, homosexuals, adulterers, and prostitutes as outcasts and worthy of death. Women had the same status as cattle, slavery was sanctioned, and so-called sexually immoral people were stoned to death. But Jesus didn't follow the social norms of those days. He hung out with sinners, prostitutes, tax collectors and even made some of them apostles.

First off, the writing of "the bible" spans many many generations, not just a specific timeframe...we are talking about the ancient torah, down to the relatively modern new testiment.

but the supposed time of christ (1ad), was the time of the great roman empire. The romans, taking a page right from the greeks, seen homosexuality as the total norm.
The only exception to this was two grown men of equal stature. In such a relationship, one of the men had to be..well, the woman of the relationship..otherwise it would be highly controversial..
But otherwise, man on boy or man on fem man was very normal and totally uncared for.

As far as lesbianism, at the time, they didn't give a care at all about what women did with themselves..they only had to hold a baby when it was time, otherwise, they could spend most of their life in the company of other women..in a way, women were far more free to choose their lifestyle than men in regards to sexual desires..but were required to have babies also when married...but no social stigma came at them no matter what they did in regards to preference.

It is only the hebrew religon(s) that have major issues with homosexuality, and they really didn't take off until about 400ad (give or take).

Why did the hebrew religions have such issue with it? meh..who knows. my guess, they required vast amounts of soldiers for their armies, and the importance was on bloodline purity moreso than house status.

Otherwise...sure, any deity that is a gay hater is no deity I would see rule over me. I am not gay, but I don't care about others choices...but a deity that has issue with it is not as wise as myself, and I can't accept being lead by a lesser being.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

I agree with everything you are saying.. Fundamentalists won't and can't because you are presenting a "new" gospel to them so of course that is from Satan.

God Loves homosexuals, hates the sin. That's another common response. You can only open the minds of people who think for themselves.

Good on you for trying though!
Namaste

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I really enjoy reading NDE stories. Again, we hear of the white room mentioned by Ben Breedlove.

What I thought to be a simple statement with profound implications if people would only believe it:

Where religion teaches love, there is growth. Where religion impedes love, there is stagnation

Folks, if your religion is telling you to do anything but love others, it is only hurting you.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:3

What though is Love?

The opposite of :

Bigotry
Racism
Judging
Greed
Hatred
Separation
Persecution

The full list would be long

But does include Homophobia

Anyone who had an NDE or researched the original texts and meanings of all the "Books" also realises one thing

Reincarnation is the Truth

Careful then when you look down on an woman, when an man,

Or are an raving feminist

Or dislike "insert race here"

For you to have or will walk in their shoes.

And an raving hypocritical Evangelisist, or the same named an Iman, or an Bishop, or an "Real Man" all swagger and such like "paki" or "gay" bashing with the boys on an Friday night drunk.....

For I say why do you hate yourself soo much?

For surely it is known by the wise, and so apparent in every "book" you may be a, very flexible young blond all American Dream Girl or such like the next time around or even before......

And very partial indeed to some young fit hard Cock and his mates (excuse the pun lol)

And the Raving man hater, feminist may indeed be quite happy next time around,

Using his manhood to get his pleasure as he revels in the screams and squeels of some "ruff"

S+F thanks

Love

Elf
edit on 25-1-2012 by MischeviousElf because: balance lol

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

Dear angellicview,

While I do not ever intend to give specifics on the internet about my NDE, I will say that hate was in no way involved and love, acceptance and affection were. I am a straight Christian and believe God loves all of us sinners. I also know that there are many homosexuals that also love God back. Peace.

top topics

join