It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ron Paul really the last chance? Is there a positive outcome post 2012 for America?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So I would HOPE that Rand Paul was raised by Ron to have similar traits. That is just my guess though.

I believe most men grow up to be a better version of their fathers. Even more so if they have a father that they respected. A father figure that sets the example for what you should be like when you grow up. That is my goal at least. I have a strong belief every man grows up to be their father. A resemblance of their father that has evolved with the times.

I would also like to add that I believe I was raised to be a "good individual" by my parents. Most parents want to see their child have more then they did growing up.

Ron Paul was in his 20's during the 60's. We all know what the 60's entailed. So he comes from a generation with that mindset. I believe you're 20's define majority of your future principles that you hold. Your teens are finding out who you are as an individual. Then once you find out you act upon it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
While the masses still vote for/elect the President, in my humble opinion it is the powers that be who select the candidates. I believe their choice is 4 more years of Obama. They have thus given us a hapless Republican field from which to pick a loser to be thrown to the dogs (think back to Dole and McCain). If they do not foresee Obama as an assured winner then Paul may be convinced to go 3rd party to split the Republican vote and/or a loser VP will be forced upon the candidate (think back to Palin).

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Something is in me that feels like Ron Paul can't lose. Maybe, I'm just in denial lol.

It would mean we lost all of our true American values.....completely. That is why the Freedom movement is steadily climbing with no drops. To me that means People are actually "waking up". I think he knows he has a good chance running Independent and potentially winning. Most people don't even identify with a party anyway. He just won't admit it yet and its a smart strategy. Obama doesn't have the magic he had in 08 anymore. Mitt Romney is continuation of Obama. I think if Romney, Newt, or Santorum won the nomination it will just result in Obama staying in power. The Republican Candidate is going to be easy to tear apart for Obama.

If this election is based off the same anger that was seen in the Occupy Movement then maybe People would vote for an Independent instead. Occupy was not a "leftist" movement. It was a Independent movement. It has no leader. It's like we had enough of both sides to the point we might vote for the guy who just wants to do what's right.

It could the beginning of weeding out the 2 party paradigm. I think the reason the Media keeps asking if hes going to run independent because they know alot of independents like Ron Paul this year. The Independent voters are a third wheel. They all voted for Obama in 2008.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
No, if RP wins then America loses hope. Mitt Romney will bring America back to its glorious days. Gingrich and Santorum are both good substitutes, as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
No, if RP wins then America loses hope. Mitt Romney will bring America back to its glorious days. Gingrich and Santorum are both good substitutes, as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
Maybe this is the year in American history where a Third party finally wins because people finally break free from the 2 party paradigm?

OR Ron Paul wins and we don't go to War with Iran.

OR we get involved in Iran and then Rand Paul saves the day in 2016? If the world can make it to 2016.

25-1-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

^ Don't know what happened up there weird

First, Ron Paul is running as a republican. When we all know he is a liberal libertarian. So, no official third party win there!

And second, Do you hear yourself right now??? Ron Paul is our only hope, save us Obi Wan Kenobi!

You people sound just like Obama supporters in 2008. The world is not going to end in 2012, although this Ron Paul crap puts it nicely in line with the Mayan prophecy.

edit on 25-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
"Is Ron Paul really the last chance? Is there a positive outcome post 2012 for America?"

The answer is "No, assuming Romney or Newt beat him and have a miraculous change of heart and adopt Ron Pauls foreign policy to the letter."

If they decide not to adopt his foreign policy, and continue waging wars, and continue building and maintaining bases all over the world, then yes... We're doomed.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join