It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issues with direct deposit tax refund?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yep. I'm poor and highly anticipating my tax refund. According to EVERYTHING that I was told and read up until today, I was to receive my refund via direct deposit on the 25th. Which is today. I e-filed with H&R Block. They sent an email and a text message stating that I would receive it today. I was also sent an IRS refund cycle chart which stated I would get it today. Well no refund. Called the bank. No pending direct deposits. This is the first time in 5 years that I can remember that my refund didn't come on the date if not before. I know there is a buffer period. But it's odd. I've googled this and have found countless people posting on yahoo regarding the same issues. Some have called the IRS (which I won't because I will just get the same generic response they all did). Others called their tax preparers. 50 people and 50 different responses. I was wondering if anyone on here (who are undeniably smarter than the folks who post on yahoo) has experienced any of the same issues.
I ran across an updated cycle chart and it is now stating the 26th for my refund.
I was also told I could check with Santa Barbara Bank. I did that and they didn't have record of my SSN. Sigh.

The charts say payments are SENT OUT or MAILED on those dates. Not that you will receive them on those dates. I however, filed a little earlier and was told the 25th.

Old refund chart

Updated refund chart

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I use tax act online and have never had a problem..however, I haven't filed yet because I am still waiting on my 2 student loan interest sheets. We are pretty much in the same boat..I cannot wait to get mine we are paying off the rest of our debt with this one..

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Check the IRS site's "Where's my Refund" tool to find out for sure.

Often times the deposit takes a day after being initiated to show in your account. These deposits all go out in batches to save the fed money (these transactions aren't free) and sometimes happen late at night.

The Where's My Refund tool should let you know if there is a problem

sa2.www4.irs.gov...

Also, HR Block is stealing from you. Taxes are easy if you have some very basic math skills or use a software package to do your own. Unless your tax situation is complicated (most aren't) you should be able to save time, money, and learn a little something by doing your own taxes. Good luck!

Also, just FYI, when you go through HR Block or any other prep service, they will give you some options for payment - if you chose to let your payment come out of your refund here is what happens: FED deposits your refund to HR Block, HR Block deducts their fee and then deposits the remaining balance to your account. Obviously this will add a couple of days to getting your return.

I'm not sure if this is what you did, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

edit on 25-1-2012 by TinkerHaus because: link repair

edit on 25-1-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
They keep changing the dates on the "Where's my Refund" site. And it has also been down for maintenance off and on for the past 4 days. First it had no record of me. Then it said Jan 31st. Then Feb 1st, Feb 7th. Today it has no record of me again.
So I'm not entirely sure it's correct.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
In my experience, they only make the deposits on Fridays. Unless that has recently changed I would assume that is why you do not have it today.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
From what I've read, they have a new software system and I'm wondering if that is what's causing the issues. Apparently the new software distributes refunds 7 days a week versus only on Fridays like in the past.

top topics

join