It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on Why on Earth E.T.s haven't been found...Yet (And what are yours?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Now what has this Nutso thought of now? You may be thinking that, but please, share your thoughts.

Look at all the Sci-Fi films, especially those of being in space, especially the space ships. They all have Shields? Of course! Those Invisibility cloaks of the day were amazing! You couldn�t see them, they could see you �that�s if, you aren�t cloaked yourself. And then, when you get hit, the cloak starts to get damaged, if your somehow found, or when the cloak is damaged it automatically starts weakening, it doesn�t just turn off like that, it slowly (or at a fast pace) goes down and you can easily be detected by the other ship�your either a gonner or you may be lucky enough to win the fight this time round.

Only a few weeks ago, I came across how Invisibility CAN be achieved. I was holing a piece of wet cloth, right next to a strong fan and observed it flapping really fast, soon enough, while adjusting the cloth to see if it would move faster, it occurred to me it was vibrating at a very fast speed, and as I observed, none other than it was barely see-able, I did my best to get it to go faster, but the fan just wasn�t fast and strong enough to do so.

The point of my little story there was that at VERY High frequencies/vibrations, invisibility of a whole body, i.e. a space ship, can be achieved. Theorising that these E.T.s are very advanced since they can travel in space by light years, or probably better, hyper speed they have probably found a way to achieve invisibility. Now supposing that this is the way to invisibility (if there are more ways�then please contribute them�please don�t come up with the �If your not there, you wont be seen�that�s a bit obvious�lol) Not only to the eye, (if they have them) but also to equipment, this would need an extremely high frequency, and because the unlimited amount of frequencies, the higher you are in the chart, the harder it is to �find� you. Of course there will always be that someone will somehow be on the same frequency and if you manage to bump into each other in the vast space of the universe then you�ll see each other, since you�ll be at the exact same frequency.

So why not start searching at high frequencies and forget the low ones�the low ones are when shields are down and out, that�s what I�m thinking.

Share your thoughts!

Phoenix

P.S.

There is always the possibility they haven't bothered coming near to our solar system...or even the blue planet the 3rd from the lovely-not-double planet star system...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
E.T. does not communicate with sounds of vocal but (if we believe various witnesses) with thought. So why look for sound waves in the vocal or broadcast range. Look in the range of electroencephalograms

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
O.o but wouldnt thast be QUITE a bumpy ride? i mean think about it.. wouldb you want to vibrate all around earth?

Plus.. the ufos are seen everywhere.. pretty sure they cant cloak

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
by what criteria would you recognise an ET? if we allready know about them as something else, we may be fairly comfortable living side by side with them.

a familiar ET enfolded into our environment that we perceived as an earthly organism would be entirely invisible to us if it wanted to hide. remember in "Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy?" the intellegent aliens were actually white mice.

IMHO, they have been here for a very long time and we occasionally talk to them when the proper situations arise. we think of them as something earthly, afterall, they are here with us. what organism on this planet seems to be very low and unevolved, yet a few "crazy" folks insist is capable of communication? actually, there are several examples of lower organisms that seem to be able to transmit encoded information to human minds under certain conditions. of course, we dismiss these fairly common encounters as being of no significance, almost by definition.

would we recognise an intellegent entity that pretended to be food?

iyam being deliberatly vague, but iyam betting that there are a few out there that know exactly what i mean.....

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by herm
would we recognise an intellegent entity that pretended to be food?

iyam being deliberatly vague, but iyam betting that there are a few out there that know exactly what i mean.....

Space cows? I don't know whats stranger, alien cows or you standing around a field trying to communicate with them.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
you are really really on th' right track. just stay out in that cow field till you figure it out.....

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
We all vibrate at different frequencies, but in the same bandwith thats how we can see ech other...the molecules in our bodies vibrate all the time. You wouldn't really feel the vibration of a high frequency...more of a huming noise that could possibly cancelled out and the huming feeling under your feet could get used to it.

The slower the vibration..the more bumping, the faster, the less because it vibrates soooo fast that the vibration is very short to acomplish the high vibrations...I hope you get me.

Phoenix

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
For one thing UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object....does not mean it is a ship full of our planetary neighbours.

For another, what if they are taking the mick out of us and showing off every so often...well the ones which are authentic..after all the military has often use UFOs as a cover up for a mission that has gone wrong and they encorage it so they can keep their things EVEN MORE secret than before!...lol

Phoenix

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
the truth of the matter is that there are around 1 million inteligent civilisations around at our time in our Galaxy. The reason we haven't heard anyting??

Cause...

A) we are not yet advanced enough to detect them at a distance (Though this is changing with the advent of decent Sensors in the the next 20 years)

B) The aliens are so far away that anything they sent to us would take thousands of years to reach us.

C) They have been sending information to us all along but we can't interprit there messages

D) They are here already but don't want to reveal themselves to us

E) We are the most advanced and the other life forms have to catch up with our tech before they can communicate.... Highly unlikely but not imposable.

F) The aliens think we are all fools and are avoiding us...

G) The aliens are microscopic and so don't opperate in the same way

H) The Aliens are MASSIVE and speak very very very slowly so it take 1 million years to say H E L L OOOOO
)

I) Maybe we are just a cattle plannet that was placed here ready for the harvest... let's face it we are all heading into obeasity lol

J) Maybe we are a computer game that was created and being played by the aliens that are trying to learn about the real humans and the real earth.

K) All the aliens have left the milky way because they know somthing that we don't??

ET C.... ETC.... ETc.... Etccc...

Have fun people,

Tim,

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I rather liked F I and K...lollllllllll

by tim_uk74

F) The aliens think we are all fools and are avoiding us...

by tim_uk74

I) Maybe we are just a cattle plannet that was placed here ready for the harvest... let's face it we are all heading into obeasity lol

by tim_uk74

K) All the aliens have left the milky way because they know somthing that we don't??

Well they are very funny! lol..and very realistic!!! lol...we're not exactly the most desirable planet around...hehehe apart from the fact, our planet looks absoloutly gorgeous in space and err...cows patt up close.

They could really actually be waiting for the right time to say "PEEK-A-BOO"

Phoenix

[edit on 19/9/04 by PhoenixSGC]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Phoenix I think your making the whole cloaking device more complicated then it actually is, If you were to put diodes all around a car which would reflect the other side you have your self a simple cloaking device!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I believe ETs have come and gone, will come again, and we will be the ETs to others in the next several hundred years or less. Could it at all be possible we are the most highly advanced life forms within a sphere for several thousand light years?

Sure we could be, the heard theory states just that. Most life never advances beyond the heard or large groups with primitive thought. It might just take the most astronomical series of events to bring about beings such as ourselves. Several global killer asteroids, plagues, and natural disasters to widdle down the species and cause the most likely candidate to evolve in a manner in which we have.

I suggest a recently published book called "Where is everybody". Covers "fermi's paradox" which is what your thread really is. Fifty or so of the most likely scenarios for why, when, and wether we ever will contact other "intelligent" life forms.

2518 Seti Data Units completed
Computer time 22724 hrs

[edit on 20-9-2004 by IntelRetard]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
hi PhoenixSGC,

thanks for your reply to my post..
glad you enjoyed it
my fav is they talk very sloooowwwwlllyyy

n e wAY.

hAVE fUN.

E_T

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
-Calvin

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixSGC
Now what has this Nutso thought of now? You may be thinking that, but please, share your thoughts.

Look at all the Sci-Fi films, especially those of being in space, especially the space ships. They all have Shields? Of course! Those Invisibility cloaks of the day were amazing! You couldn�t see them, they could see you �that�s if, you aren�t cloaked yourself. And then, when you get hit, the cloak starts to get damaged, if your somehow found, or when the cloak is damaged it automatically starts weakening, it doesn�t just turn off like that, it slowly (or at a fast pace) goes down and you can easily be detected by the other ship�your either a gonner or you may be lucky enough to win the fight this time round.

Only a few weeks ago, I came across how Invisibility CAN be achieved. I was holing a piece of wet cloth, right next to a strong fan and observed it flapping really fast, soon enough, while adjusting the cloth to see if it would move faster, it occurred to me it was vibrating at a very fast speed, and as I observed, none other than it was barely see-able, I did my best to get it to go faster, but the fan just wasn�t fast and strong enough to do so.

The point of my little story there was that at VERY High frequencies/vibrations, invisibility of a whole body, i.e. a space ship, can be achieved. Theorising that these E.T.s are very advanced since they can travel in space by light years, or probably better, hyper speed they have probably found a way to achieve invisibility. Now supposing that this is the way to invisibility (if there are more ways�then please contribute them�please don�t come up with the �If your not there, you wont be seen�that�s a bit obvious�lol) Not only to the eye, (if they have them) but also to equipment, this would need an extremely high frequency, and because the unlimited amount of frequencies, the higher you are in the chart, the harder it is to �find� you. Of course there will always be that someone will somehow be on the same frequency and if you manage to bump into each other in the vast space of the universe then you�ll see each other, since you�ll be at the exact same frequency.

So why not start searching at high frequencies and forget the low ones�the low ones are when shields are down and out, that�s what I�m thinking.

Share your thoughts!

Phoenix

P.S.

There is always the possibility they haven't bothered coming near to our solar system...or even the blue planet the 3rd from the lovely-not-double planet star system...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi it was long but not bad.... why theory and not a hypotesis

wait and see

why the 3rd must be the lovely one ??? Bean philosophe men

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hey Chapo...I just happened to type up what came to me...
but the thing is, no theory or hypothesis really exists reallllly short...lol I think thats how short I can get it..but then again, if I comb it through, I probably would be able to, but no time...lol

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think the reason we haven't been able to detect them is that the window to do so is very short, perhaps only a couple hundred years. There's probably lots of animals out there, and maybe even a number of intelligent pre & post industrial civilizations, but very few that are technologically capable of communicating with us. It's sort of related to "Peak Oil" theory.

We stumbled upon a large supply of cheap energy (oil) that made our development of an industrial civilization possible. However, this supply is finite, and we have not yet found a suitable replacement for it. We may not have time to replace it before it starts to decline & becomes too expensive to use. Our current technological civilization cannot survive without an abundant cheap energy source.

This scenario is probably repeated countless times across the universe. The civilization peaks (becomes industrialized) & then declines. I would hope that there are still many intelligent & culturally rich civilizations out there, even if they are relatively low-tech.

top topics

join