It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Mr. president, Abortion Is Murder! Life Begins At Fertilization! That's A Fact [snip]!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Before I would entertain the idea of a debate this is my question to you beezzer:
Can you prove the existence of God? yes or no.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000
reply to post by beezzer

Before I would entertain the idea of a debate this is my question to you beezzer:
Can you prove the existence of God? yes or no.

Is this a qualifying answer or an annoyance?

Wait for the debate.

Yes or no?

Bring it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VibratoryAgent
reply to post by paxnatus

So to all of you pro life thumpers for once your right life dose begin at fertilization, BUT your also super wrong to think your killing an individual. see a human life consists of a physical conciousness that creates identity, but an embryo is just cellular structure that hasnt developed into anything. Its alive cause cells are living entities but they are not a human being because theres no conciousness to claim as human life. So basically its not murder because no human identity was lost, you might as well say every time a man jerks off its murder because you essentially ended the same life form, cells that live and will eventually make up a life but dont represent any kind of human conciousness. A embryologist isnt the professional to talk to when it comes to settleing this issue, its a psychologist who holds the real answers. Its all about brain formation and when the lobes of the brain start to weave a subconcious which will eventually form a physical conciousness. An embryo again is just a collation of cells trying to form a physical vessel, but that vessel isnt anything more then a bunch of cells till we get to the stage of devlopment where brain activity is possible on a subconcious level. Once again ejaculate is a grouping of cells as well that will eventually lead to life, so if your gonna call any woman a murder who has an abortion at the embryotic level make sure you yell at every man thats ever climaxed by himself.

I'm pro-choice but this argument is not accurate. Of course it's a human life. Don't fool yourself there. That's like a soldier telling himself insurgents are only pure evil, or a butcher telling himself animals don't feel pain.

Accepting the truth is part of what makes it such a difficult choice. I believe most people who have an abortion have the same beliefs about life, in line with a pro-lifer. As soon as the magic happens, it's a growing human.... Some people can't abort because they just can't bear the thought... others do what they have to do... There is not a species out there that won't kill it's young under the right (or wrong) conditions.... We are at least doing it before they are born... This is mother nature... It will never end while women are capable of conceiving...

It' ugly. It's sad. It's a fact of life. And a choice. Deal with it.
edit on 27-1-2012 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hello?

I will offer the challenge to anyone?

*cricket*

You folks feel so strongly about killing others, thought I'd give you the chance.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's most definitely a qualifying statement. So can you prove that God exists? I really don't see myself wasting time and wasting energy debating in a rigid format if you can't substantiate your claims.

Now if you'd like to start another thread under the Religious Conspiracy forum and lay out whatever you have to say then feel free.
edit on 27-1-2012 by relpobre000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

You folks feel so strongly about killing others, thought I'd give you the chance.

Its not about killing others we like , or not like, its called Choice.

Choice

A womens right to choose, not Bezzer's choice.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by relpobre000

The topic is killing unborn people.

Do you, will you accept my challenge?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hello!

Waiting!

Yes or no!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Hello!

Waiting!

Yes or no!

Me ?
A 4th grade biology student would crush me, I stay out of those sides of the arguement.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

reply to post by beezzer

Hello!

Waiting!

Yes or no!

Me ?
A 4 grade biology student would crush me, I stay out of those sides of the arguement.

Yet you have an opinion in the debate.

C'mon! Some one! Anyone one!

This is getting pathetic

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

edit on 27-1-2012 by tpaine1809 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yet you have an opinion in the debate.

Of course I do.
I know right from wrong, and some delusional bible thumper wont change it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Life is about choices. If we are denied the right to make a choice whatever that maybe based on our own judgement then this is not freedom. Many people see this as taking or granting life. "God" gave us the power to behave like him in a way as long as we respected the laws of nature. Preventing life from coming before the mind is able to handle and interpret that situation is a gift from God. If not we would all be mindless zombies droning about doing the same repetitive tasks. Educate yourselves on the subject of Duality within our universe and this will make more sense. This is nothing wrong with either of your arguments, both present compelling evidence; however you are nothing but an after effect caused by the Duality of our own universe =).

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by troubleshooter

Then why would populations of males be barred from the decision?

Because it is not their decision to make unless invited to participate.

If a man places his member in a woman's body without permission it is considered wrong...
...why is it ok for a man to tell a woman what can happen in her body without her permission?
edit on 27/1/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Sentience [or human life rather] begins when the baby is born.
I hate how computer chair conspiracy theorist try to argue with scientist who have been studying this type of things for decades.
It's down right offensive.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

reply to post by relpobre000

The topic is killing unborn people.

Do you, will you accept my challenge?

I checked the debate forum and didn't see anything, guess I missed it. Interesting that he/she will not accept your challenge after so much discussion in this thread. Says alot.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

If a man places his member in a woman's body without permission it is considered wrong... ...why is it ok for a man to tell a woman what can happen in her body without her permission?

Well your statement is false because its not one man. Its the community. The population.

So let's just reword what you said to something more obvious.

If a man sticks a blade in your body without permission its considered wrong. Why is it wrong for a community to say the same after trial and voting?

Because that's the way our government works. Society has the right to say something is wrong and has the right to say it should not happen.

If the community votes to stick a blade in a murderer, it's really no different than a community saying that a woman who is neither raped nor at risk of death should be forced to keep the choice she made in her actions to risk pregnancy in whatever she was doing.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Men it seems to me are the ones dominating this thread,started by a female. WE men have zero right to tell a woman what she can or can't do with her bodies. A woman started the thread. amd men took it over. I suppose because the men feel superior & feel as though they know best for the woman..

All that suffarage and you all still don't get a fair shake....Men of the world... Wear a damn condom & shut the fu%k up..

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Why ar you gender baiting?

If you don't like the gender ratio, sucks to be you. People can say what they believed. I doubt if 90% of women were pro life you would make the same argument.

You are attempting to split between people. If you don't like the fact that men speak, then found your own all-female community. Otherwise, suck it up and accept the fact that a community decides. Females and males do not get to vote on only female and male things. It's a community, not an "ism".

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

Sorry, I'm not going to be baited into a formal debate by someone who thinks it's a rape victim's responsibility to carry a child to term or that morality is derived from religion. He also frames the debate as arguing about 'killing unborn people'.

So I won't pretend that my time is worth that much but I'm certainly not going to be wasting it arguing with someone who says that 'God gave us a brain...' in a serious conversation.

When it comes down to it this is really just a religious debate. If it were based on logic and science perhaps people would realize the fallacy of trying to govern what a woman can or cannot do with her body.

I think Carl Sagan said it best:
"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe."

So, keep believing but remember that as we continue into the 21st century, your outdated ideas and practices are becoming obselete.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join