It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Mr. president, Abortion Is Murder! Life Begins At Fertilization! That's A Fact [snip]!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

i disagree so much with this thread

how can you say its murder, you said that a women can choose to get rid of that "thing" in her when she feels like its not convienant, what about somone who was raped. should they be made to have that baby or go to jail over murder?

how is it murder? what about somone who isn't ready to have a baby and accidently got pregant, should they not have the right to get rid of the egg before they bring the baby into this world and they can't care for it. usually if someone brings a baby into this world and cant care for it windes up throwing the poor thing in the trash, yea they can give it up for adoption but most women who decide to get abortion i feel think that it is the right thing to do and when they are ready to have a child they will

what about people addicted to drugs who know that there baby will be born addicted to the same drugs, and also most abortion clinics don't do 3rd trimester abortions

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reproductive rights!

They're not reproducing if they're aborting.

I don't support the murder of children. That being said, I feel I don't have much of a say in it, already being a parent and not in a position to have another. But if women would call it what it is, murder of a human being, instead of sugar coating it with flowery terms like "reproductive rights", "abortion", "pregnancy termination", maybe fewer murders would be committed.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
ya dont like it dont have one or try to get roe v wade repealed good luck with that.......

I agree, but have never heard it put that way before. I'm still laughing.

Why bring an unwanted, unloved baby into this world? I think that's immoral.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by windword

Hello,

If you do not agree that a baby not in the second or third trimester is not technically murder what would happen if somebody assaulted a women in the beginning of her pregnancy where she miscarriages...is that technically murder if a tiny fetus dies as a result of the injuries sustained or do we pick and choose what murder is to help us sleep at night?

Ever send a kid to war or support a soldier? Isn't that a little like picking and choosing who lives and who dies too except all the folks who die in war are definitely born.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

reproductive rights!

I don't support the murder of children. That being said, I feel I don't have much of a say in it, already being a parent and not in a position to have another. But if women would call it what it is, murder of a human being, instead of sugar coating it with flowery terms like "reproductive rights", "abortion", "pregnancy termination", maybe fewer murders would be committed.

/TOA

Again...is WAR not murder of a human being? In fact hundreds of thousands of them?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

AGAIN!

Didn't you like the outcome of the anti-Obama thread you posted yesterday on this very same subject?

I reiterate my opinion. I applaud Obama for standing up, especially during an election year, for women's right when it comes to reproductive rights!

You may say abortion is immoral, but I disagree that it's murder! When life begins is up for debate. The woman's right to have a say over what is going on with her body is her choice and HER choice only!

I'm sick and tired of your pretense of moral high ground and insults to people who disagree with your opinions. Your opinions are not fact and are not supported by the vast majority of Americans or of medical research.

Stay out mine and my daughters uteri!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

God gave us brains so we could fool ourselves that some "legal" term would make it okay to kill unborn babies also.

I don't like your god. You think that taking control over ones biology, and telling nature, "Oh no you don't" is a sin. Is your god the same one that created a hell for us too?

Bull. I stated the opposite.

Sex is NOT an invouluntary act.

It is a deliberate one.

If you aren't man or woman enough to take responsibility for your actions, keep your damned pants on!

Oh, really? Sex isn't an involuntary act? What about rape? Rape involves sex.
I didn't ask for my ex to rape me, but did that make me responsible for his actions? NO.
NOT everyone that has sex has it deliberately. I didn't want to have sex with him, yet he still raped me. He TOOK my damn pants off, I didn't. That wasn't voluntary. That was involuntary sex.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
if a bear is in a bear is in a bear does it resemble a bear, if not does that make it anyless bear, or in fact hang on i know this one because its not a fully morphed poke bear yet is it a pigeon?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

reproductive rights!

/TOA
Because it doesn't fit the definition of murder. Here's the definition of murder:

noun
1. Law . the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).

dictionary.reference.com...

Since abortion is legal it's not murder by definition.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. But your opinion is NOT fact. It is JUST opinion, nothing more, nothing less. It's not worth more or less than my own, however for the OP to just nonchalantly state that it is fact is very erroneous to say the least.

Go ahead and write your letter to Mr. Obama, do you think he really reads them? LOL.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but pro-lifers encourage potential enormous suffering when there is another option. This, to me is inhumane and one of the most evil things one could wish upon another.

It's quite hypocritical the way they go on about it, when one is with child, then have NOTHING to do when the child is born, the upbringing, education, financials, family, etc.

True, not all subsequent births will end up like this, but I think this is a large reason why people choose this option.

Unless you are directly going to support the child's upbringing I strongly urge you to butt out the the parent's decision. Pro-life, more like pro-suffering.

Cheers!
edit on 25-1-2012 by IdeaLogical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Why is it that this topic comes up so much on these forums? Ah yes, bible bashing american nutjobs

One of the few educated western countries where a majority apparently still believe in god's creation

Nuff said

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Bravo
But I was taught that life starts not at fertilization, but from my catholic school, life actually starts in the sperm and egg
yes, masturbation is actually murdering half a child...

Dammit OBama, how can you not demand masturbation be made illegal?!! Its my morality, therefore its morally objectively bad...I was taught this in school, therefore it must be true. Granted, there is no scientific evidence saying this to be true, in the same way that there is nothing suggesting conscious life starts at conception, but still, it feels right because of my teachings, therefore I will personally judge and damn everyone whom touches themselves!

Nothing like legislating a moral standpoint, aye?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc

Why is it that this topic comes up so much on these forums? Ah yes, bible bashing american nutjobs

One of the few educated western countries where a majority apparently still believe in god's creation

Nuff said

I was about to object...

but then, well, I know the truth no matter how much I don't want it to be.
oh well.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc

Nuff said

Why is it that people venture into threads when they know they are sick of reading about the topic and only intent on saying something negative towards a religion? Ah yes, trolls.

Nuff said

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'd like to know where that passionate plea for the sanctity of human life goes after a child is born into a family that can't afford it. Welfare? Unemployment? Or instead, just another level of judgement and contempt?

I would argue that pro-lifer's often suffer from a lack of morality and empathy.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
I'd like to know where that passionate plea for the sanctity of human life goes after a child is born into a family that can't afford it. Welfare? Unemployment? Or instead, just another level of judgement and contempt?

I would argue that pro-lifer's often suffer from a lack of morality and empathy.

And I would agree. Why would you force a baby on someone (or some people) who clearly don't want it?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

OPs: You appear to be fully in favor of government legislating moral decisions for the preservation of life no matter what.
Lets test that. Please answer the following:

1) Do you believe in the death penelty under any circumstances (simple yes or no)

2) Do you believe war is necessary, such as pre-emptive strikes?

3) Do you think rich countries should give lots of resources to developing nations with high starvation and unnecessary deaths due to lack of medical? perhaps even upping our foreign aid by a factor of 10 with no return?

There ya go...3 simple yes or no questions. Lets see how morally firm you stand on this whole pro-life issue...now, remember, 1-3 is not arugably a lifeform depending on how you want to define life...it is not a gray area that involves lots of philosophy and personal viewpoints...the 3 are absolutely involving living human beings..walking librarys..
I look forward to you ignoring this post.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I hate threads or opinions on abortion that start with "Life begins when the sperm enters the egg." No it doesn't, how in the world is that a life? It is two cells fusing together to start a chain of chemical reactions. When those reactions grow further they begin to form a shape. A horrible analogy would be:

You go to the store and buy cake mix. You mix the ingredients together, but would you call it a cake, no it needs time to cook to become a cake.

Basically what I'm saying is, when I worked in a lab and the first time I saw a miscarriage and the fetus had to go to Pathology to be analyzed it was a 12 week fetus. That is the same age they do abortions. People need to stop fighting when life is, but when the fetus is killed. They remains of this fetus had legs, toes, arms, and fingers. Honestly, to actually see what an abortionist is killing first hand is sad and makes you rethink the cut off for abortions.

I have had one, and I knew I was pregnant at 4 weeks in. They told me I had to wait til the fetus was 12 weeks before they did it. I'm thinking WHY??? At that point the embryo is a fetus. I favor the right to choose, but it needs to be changed to 6 weeks being the cut off for abortions and not until 12 weeks for the time to perform the abortion.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

Yes i am troling, but since i have first hand experience and my partner and i had to abort i think that gives me the right

So why dont you remove your foot from your mouth and go eat some humble pie since you are a hypocrite

T

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join