It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Templar Uprising

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
Listen for the squish.

X.

Spits up his scotch all over the keyboard........

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
As am I, sleepy bunny that I am.

Thanks everybody, you were all incredible.
I love how quickly we can break this stuff down when we engage in the dialog like this.

Ah'll be bahck.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
A little bird just recently brought this interesting book to my attention. book.

A thousand years ago Christian battled Muslim for possession of a strip of land upon which both their religions were founded. These Crusades changed the course of Western history, but less known is the fact that they also were the meeting ground for two legendary secret societies: The Knights Templar and their Muslim counterparts, the Assassins.

From my understanding not everything in the present tense is happenstance.

Heres a preview of the book.............

The Templars and the Assassins

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Its that time for me too...its been a great night guys! Thanks to Eidolon23 for a great thread and thanks to X, Slayer, and Sonny for some great food for thought! G'night All!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Thank you, OP, for such an intriguing axe to grind.

Good night to all, thanks for more fun than I should probably be allowed.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yeah, this is my own personal blog. I mostly discuss Masonic Templary, but also talk about the Templars of the Crusades and the mystery surrounding them. In September of this year, I had fairly noticeable uptake in interest on my blog.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If anyone is interested in my blog, I have some posts talking about the perpetuation myths of the Templars as well as Masonic Templary.

Traveling Templar

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Knights Templar and their Muslim counterparts, the Assassins.

Remember that it was the Kurds, not "just" Muslims who made up the bulk of these assassins. And remember they came from the North-Western mountainous region of Iran. Besides that, the assassins were not involved in the battle until a deal was made between Saladin and "the man of the mountain" - Rashid Ad-din Sinan.

The Muslim counterpart to the Knights Templar were the forces of Saladin. NOTHING matched the assassins killing prowess.

The creator of the Hashashins was Hassan-i-Sabbah.

Also, the assassins were Shi'a Muslims, Saladin was a Sufi Muslim.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

ok, you seem like a knowledgable enough person to ask this: years ago i recall researching about these assassins. i read that they perched themselves up atop a mountain range and made an elite esoteric community in the mountaintops...

i also read that: as we english-speakers call them "assassins", that their original name (or more so an original name) was Hashashins. i read that this group consumed a lot of hash/cannabis up there and this is where the term hash comes from, and the word assassin (from Hash-ashin). they must have believed that cannabis actually aided in their daily goings-ons in terms of spirituality...and optical, intellectual, physical, and general sensory acuteness.

you do tend to find a lot of muslims and "middle easterners" who enjoy consuming cannabis for spiritual purposes.

this posit might lead "straight-laced" people to assume that the myth is incorrect, because of all the demonizing propaganda surrounding cannabis....some might assume that cannabis intake would disable the assassin's ability to intelligently function and fulfill their assassin duties. I for one, don't believe that hash/cannabis necessarily inhibits physical & cognative dexterity...i think it is up to the mind-set of the user to decide how the THC in cannabis influences you.

i've always found the assassin group interesting because of this link,,,the link of the spiritual use of cannabis. they seem to be one of the oldest recorded groups who used cannabis for this purpose.
edit on 1/26/12 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster

Originally posted by Eidolon23

Originally posted by InfoKartel

But whether that will happen this year or in a hundred...God knows. All I know is there are certain road blocks that need to be dealt with first. And people running around pretending to be templar knights or jihad warriros...it's only going to be detrimental to our survival as a species.

I fervently agree. The Us vs. Them game becomes exponentially less fun as the tech gets leaner. I know we still need some of the Us vs. Them, but with the advent of some of this weaponry, and how accessible it is to non-state entities; it's time to put away childish things and become men

Indeed, Humanity's Collective Consciousness is barely in a pre-teen stage at the moment. Time to grow the F up and be what we should be, a united species.

I don't think that a state of being united is possible or even desirable.

Are you really sure you want to be me? I'm pretty sure you don't.

People need reasons to cooperate. A goal or two in common. That's not the same as creation of collectiveness, or being united. One honours difference. The other puts it down like a rabid dog.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Here's how the hashashins brought new recruits into the fold.

1. Invite a promising young man to a nice meet and greet dinner. Heavily lace the food with hashish (slow-release) and a strong narcotic that would result in incapacitation shortly after being consumed.

2. Whisk the recruit away to a beautiful garden stocked with nubile ladies. When the guy wakes up he's high as a kite and being serviced in ways he's never even heard of in a setting of celestial splendour.

3. Administer another dose of medieval roofies in the post-coital beverage, and spirit the recruit back to the original chamber.

4. When he comes to, tell him he's been to Heaven. And that if he wants to return, all he has to do is sign on with Hasan-i Sabbah.

Sheer genius.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Those Sufis and their freaky ways.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Age of change?

Age of refocusing?

Return to a grander understanding of self and of the world around us?

Reunification of something ancient which was separated at one time but now which the world can longer continue to function with it being divided? Is there a resonance expanding?

The thing which is divided that can no longer live divided.

Yes. So let me throw in the little bit of uncomfy here. I think it is my job.

I think that this division is what is underneath the erotic nature of the Templar and some of its other culture mirrors.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

reply to post by metalshredmetal

Here's how the hashashins got new recruits into the fold.

1. Invite a promising young man to a nice meet and greet dinner. Heavily lace the food with hashish (slow-release) and a strong narcotic that would result in incapacitation shortly after being consumed.

2. Whisk the recruit away to a beautiful garden stocked with nubile ladies. When the guy comes to he's high as a kite and being serviced in ways he's never even heard of in a setting of celestial beauty.

3. Administer another dose of medieval roofies in the post-coital beverage, and spirit the recruit back to the original chamber.

4. When he comes to, tell him he's been to Heaven. And that if he wants to return, all he has to do is sign on with Hasan-i Sabbah.

Sheer genius.

haha, that sounds almost like a joke, is that true?

i mean i could easily imagine this happening, there's actually a lot of mythology that almost exactly follows that plot...

actually, this is almost exactly what a LOT of secret societies do. it's not uncommon to use "drugs" or alcohol in rituals and rites, ceremonies and channelings. i'm SURE they are used in the more "dark" esoteric circles of adepts and neophytes.

they are used as mind-altering substances, in order to whisk away the Ego and conscious mind, and bring to the surface the subconscious mind. this is commonly seen with alcohol, cannabis, ayuhuasca, '___', psilocybe mushrooms, Lysergic acid, and virtually ALL "drugs"/"mind altering substances". this is also what happens in hypnotherapy...and mind-control procedures.

the mind-altering substances are used in order to force the participant into a sense of spiritual frenzy in the situation of a ritual-death-and-rebirth, which is almost ALWAYS used in secret societies to represent the death of the Ego. Freemasonry has a ritual death and rebirth, among many others.

in spiritual frenzy the participant would have intellectual & emotional epiphanies and possibly "visions", out-of-body experiences, remote viewing, astral projection, among many other spiritual experiences.

although i don't doubt that the assassins used this technique in order to attract members, i wouldn't really hold it against them. it's common practice in "initiated" secret societies.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Eidolon23,

Are you talking about the Templars who have observer status at the UN and issue their own license plates? If so their membership is published. So what have the members been up to lately?

Off topic but since you are from Malta are the Knights of Malta still active?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Age of change?

Age of refocusing?

Return to a grander understanding of self and of the world around us?

Reunification of something ancient which was separated at one time but now which the world can longer continue to function with it being divided? Is there a resonance expanding?

The thing which is divided that can no longer live divided.

Yes. So let me throw in the little bit of uncomfy here. I think it is my job.

I think that this division is what is underneath the erotic nature of the Templar and some of its other culture mirrors.

For the record, I think you're right. Babel can't be undone. Besides, does anyone think that cultural variety is a bad thing? To me, it's as essential to our species as biodiversity is to a healthy biome.

Are you saying the eroticism is inspired by the drive to maintain cultural autonomy, or conversely to fuel military expansionism? Hack the dopamine through the groin, deprive your knights of the sexual expression of that state, and then hope that congested loins translate to more ferocity?

Or are you feinting at something else entirely?

edit on 26-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

haha, that sounds almost like a joke, is that true?

Every word. It is pretty hilarious.

i mean i could easily imagine this happening, there's actually a lot of mythology that almost exactly follows that plot...

As I'm sure our boy Hasan was perfectly cognizant of.

they are used as mind-altering substances, in order to whisk away the Ego and conscious mind, and bring to the surface the subconscious mind. this is commonly seen with alcohol, cannabis, ayuhuasca, '___', psilocybe mushrooms, Lysergic acid, and virtually ALL "drugs"/"mind altering substances". this is also what happens in hypnotherapy...and mind-control procedures.

Yeah, I feel like we had a bunch of horrid little Hasan-clones running around in the late sixties pulling this crapola. Chuck Manson springs immediately to mind.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Quote wreck.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
Eidolon23,

Are you talking about the Templars who have observer status at the UN and issue their own license plates?

I was not.
As I believe was made very clear in the OP.

If so their membership is published. So what have the members been up to lately?

Beats me. Care to share, buckaroo?

Off topic but since you are from Malta are the Knights of Malta still active?

Sure are. They run a gyros stand out of the caves these days.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by baalbuster

Originally posted by InfoKartel

But whether that will happen this year or in a hundred...God knows. All I know is there are certain road blocks that need to be dealt with first. And people running around pretending to be templar knights or jihad warriros...it's only going to be detrimental to our survival as a species.

I fervently agree. The Us vs. Them game becomes exponentially less fun as the tech gets leaner. I know we still need some of the Us vs. Them, but with the advent of some of this weaponry, and how accessible it is to non-state entities; it's time to put away childish things and become men

Indeed, Humanity's Collective Consciousness is barely in a pre-teen stage at the moment. Time to grow the F up and be what we should be, a united species.

I don't think that a state of being united is possible or even desirable.

Are you really sure you want to be me? I'm pretty sure you don't.

People need reasons to cooperate. A goal or two in common. That's not the same as creation of collectiveness, or being united. One honours difference. The other puts it down like a rabid dog.

Never said I wanted us all to be the same in a cultural sense but at least recognize that we are all Human Beings and within the animal kingdom we are already the same. Our "goal or two in common" should be to make sure we all don't kill each other because of the "my country is better, your country is committing evils, blah blah blah" kinda situation.

If we do not become one species in one sense or the other how are we ever going to make it farther into space in the next centuries? We'd all kill each other mid-flight because of geo-political tensions...or we'd all try to send our own country's ship and blast each other out of space somehow and just continue our earthly tribal squabbles in space.

Or maybe we should just resign the stars back to the gods of old and realize we are just men and that we are not good enough in mind and spirit to travel amongst them..but hey at least we'd still have our own countries to make us feel better right?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

As I said before, I do believe cultural diversity must be maintained but we also have to do something to be a more united people of earth unless we are ok with just resigning ourselves to this planet for all eternity.

But that is another discussion for another time....back to the topic at hand.

The Assassins did have a clever recruiting tool didn't they? Make one believe he was in heaven from great stagework and the narcotics they slipped em and their faith to the cause was pretty much insured. Genius.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I could only imagine how life altering it would have been to be put on psilocybe with some dude babbling about "heaven" and "faith" to me... you think about those things enough all by yourself during it without that kinda stuff going on.

Me and friends have had our own "midnight rituals" if you will so I can speak from experience

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join