It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Templar Uprising

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster
Yeah Hitler kinda sucks all the life of knighthood now with all of us knowing what kinda person he really was.

In 4:50-5:16 of this video

youtu.be...

Hitler talks of how the "Party" will basically be looked to for all teachings and be a "Holy Order".

With all this knighthood imagery he was pushing and the whole Wotan thing my opinion of "Templary" or w/e you wanna call it is on par with my opinion of Syphilis.

I feel like the Mithraic variant focuses more on tarted up land-grabs. Taking back the trade rou- I mean, Holy Lands.

The Wotan variant, well. My choice of immunodeficiency and virulence is not accidental. They don't want to own the land- they want to scorch it. Although you managed to bring the eroticism to it, with the additional association of brain-lesion related madness. Well done.

Fun fact: "Thus Sprach Zarathustra" was written by Nietzsche while he was in that lucid first phase of Syphilitic dementia.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: ew.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Eidolon23

So really this is just the setting of the stage then?

Modern day crusades in the making is what it seems like to me.

Precisely. But nation-states are not the primary players. Which is why this stuff needs to get discussed and dissected, I think. Honestly, I feel a little like an animal sensing an impending natural disaster, and I have not gotten that feeling ever.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

I have to admit, you make a very compelling case. But check out the metrics on uptake related to news releases vs. uptake in searches, time-frame wise. If this meme is being intentionally disseminated, it's not by way of the media, or rather; the media is amplifying something that was already there.

Most of the stuff that the MSM and entertainment industries seize on are consumer generated trends. It is rare these days for a trend to be produced and then capatilized on. Why waste money on creative and r&d when you could just let your population tell you what they want to be sold. There's a little sheep-dogging, of course, but mostly they just reap user-generated harvests.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Xoanon

I suspect that what really needs to happen here is to identify what is the core good things in this, and get them weaned onto a more appropriate thought-form. Or to hack the thought-form itself. Remove the bad code.

Bingo. That's the wire to snip.

Strain the chivalry out of the bloodshed.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Hmm, hinting at esoteric roots perhaps? Something that is created in response to fear...usually a weapon I would say.

I tend to apply biological concepts to esoterica. But, yeah, I'm thinking this might have some pretty deep, strange roots. And it's mutating thanks to globalization and the internet. It would be so much easier to get a grip on if this were a nationalism thing.

But it's diffuse, decentralized, has a difficult number of variables that shift from sub-group to sub-group.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: -d

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

But it's diffused, decentralized, has a difficult number of variables that shift from sub-group to sub-group.

Oh, I see. I think I got carried away. You mean like a virus that mutates?

X.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

But whether that will happen this year or in a hundred...God knows. All I know is there are certain road blocks that need to be dealt with first. And people running around pretending to be templar knights or jihad warriros...it's only going to be detrimental to our survival as a species.

I fervently agree. The Us vs. Them game becomes exponentially less fun as the tech gets leaner. I know we still need some of the Us vs. Them, but with the advent of some of this weaponry, and how accessible it is to non-state entities; it's time to put away childish things and become men.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Put down that dirty bomb, little Timmy.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

But it's diffused, decentralized, has a difficult number of variables that shift from sub-group to sub-group.

Oh, I see. I think I got carried away. You mean like a virus that mutates?

X.

Or a cancer that presents a challenging range of symptoms.

The new way to kill cancer: encourage a malignant cell to function normally, addressing as many of the environmental conditions that led to the disease as possible. Better than what the chemo approach would look like in this scenario.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Nietzsche influencing Nazi thought and having Syphilis? Oh the irony!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23

So really this is just the setting of the stage then?

Modern day crusades in the making is what it seems like to me.

Precisely. But nation-states are not the primary players. Which is why this stuff needs to get discussed and dissected, I think. Honestly, I feel a little like an animal sensing an impending natural disaster, and I have not gotten that feeling ever.

I've felt it too..don't know what form its gonna take but something wicked this way comes.

I do agree with you on it not being a nation vs nation kinda situation, its larger then that.Maybe our only chance is "hacking" the thought-form as another poster stated. This is more psy-warfare then anything..really crazy to think about.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

But the relationship between the Hashishim (or the Nizari) and the Templars is probably most safely characterized as being one of tolerance and also a shared, graded, military structure uncannily similar to the one the Templars used.

They were out in that desert with those other guys, though for a really long time. I am sure all sorts of arrangements were made to each group's mutual benefit.

I know we like fringe and tentacles but I think it will take us off track.

So I'm back.

X.

I don't see this as a digression at all. In fact, I'm so glad you brought this up.

Please refer back to the drug cartel that modeled itself on the Templars. I think it is no accident that rogue virtual states (and I think we can agree that the cartels qualify) who rely on the black market are gravitating toward the Templars.

I think this definitely needs a little more teasing out.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23

But whether that will happen this year or in a hundred...God knows. All I know is there are certain road blocks that need to be dealt with first. And people running around pretending to be templar knights or jihad warriros...it's only going to be detrimental to our survival as a species.

I fervently agree. The Us vs. Them game becomes exponentially less fun as the tech gets leaner. I know we still need some of the Us vs. Them, but with the advent of some of this weaponry, and how accessible it is to non-state entities; it's time to put away childish things and become men

Indeed, Humanity's Collective Consciousness is barely in a pre-teen stage at the moment. Time to grow the F up and be what we should be, a united species.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by baalbuster

I do agree with you on it not being a nation vs nation kinda situation, its larger then that.Maybe our only chance is "hacking" the thought-form as another poster stated. This is more psy-warfare then anything..really crazy to think about.

Well. one thing I thought of just at the moment is that the Templars were always very far away from home but still in conjoined lockstep,

I realize that the image or ideogram has manifold meanings but I think it suits at the moment.

It does seem to cover the idea of these guys being abroad but 'activated'. I think that the story that Breivik was pushing was meant to address like minds wherever they might be found (in Europe).

X.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Great post! Haven't looked much into Jung's concept of Egregores, we did study him as a passing subject in psychology class but that was years ago.

It makes sense though, the more belief people put into a thought form the more power it holds almost to the point of being an actual living "god" or "entity" etc.

Gonna look more into it and thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Oh, I forgot to come back to this. Jung uses the term "archetype", but I find the term too general to suit the purposes of this discussion. Aeons had a take on it which is similar to mine, but minus the woo.

Here's the book referenced in the OP:

www.amazon.com...

This also gives a good overview:

www.realitysandwich.com...

Jung writes, "since the world began, mankind has been possessed." Possession is synonymous with bondage. Jung comments that in states of possession it comes down to "the same age-old experience: something objectively psychic and strange to us, not under our control, is fixedly opposed to the sovereignty of our will." Possession means being supplanted by something stronger, being taken over and "owned" by something other than ourselves. Jung says, "Wherever we are still attached, we are still possessed; and when we are possessed, there is one stronger than us who possesses us." We've all had moments where we've been possessed by something, where we've felt "not ourselves," where we are no longer identical with ourselves. Some of us spend our whole lives living someone else's life instead of our own. We've all had moments where "something" has gotten into us, where we feel out of sorts, beside ourselves. When deeper, primordial archetypes seize us, Jung writes, "They easily catch hold of you and you are possessed as if they were lions or bears, say -- primitive forces which are quite definitely stronger than you."

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I just wanted to jump in and say..

It is good to see these types of discussions return to ATS. I've always learned so much from them in the past and do appreciate the various members contributions. It's refreshing to see it again

Proceed.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Huzzah!

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Thanks for swinging by.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Okay, any chance that the Islamic version is also Mithraic? I mean, seeing as Iran is the source of the meme currently fueling some anti-Islamic groups.

I think the irony's getting too think here.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Now that is freakin' hilarious.

After all that and all we get is proceed? I bet you were saving little girls from dragons when you were little too. What do you attribute it to? Reincarnation? You being here can't possibly be just to lighten up the room. You can help us get to the bottom of this.

What do you think it means that this Templar meme seems to at least have made a recursion in popularity from the last turn of the century? for instance I bet there are plenty of young Freemasons (and likely old Freemasons) recharging the old Rite of Strict Observance, what with all this pop-Templarism.

What do you think, Slayer69.

X.

P.S.. See, look down there. You want some meat in your ATS right.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Xoanon because: ?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
To all the guys who dig on the positive aspects of this meme:

What are the virtues that draw you to the Templar? We're trying to quantify the Goodness so we can distill it out. I'm shouting out particularly to the Freemasons and the guys sporting Templar avatars.

Many thanks.

Sheesh, Mr. Troubadour, way to beat me to the punch.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Yeah, what he asked, S69.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
And I just U2U someone,that their was No meat in these threads tonight!!!!

Secret Society's are highly spiritual. I have been looking into this myself.

Today’s equivalent of the Jewish prophets are those semi-public and semi-clandestine cabals who seek instead to maintain a totally ego-centric global ‘culture’ dominated by economics. They do so by communicating ‘under the breath’ in a different way – through strict rules of internal secrecy or ‘non-attribution’ regarding their closed-meeting communications (for example The Council on Foreign Affairs).

The Spiritual Meanings of ‘Secret Society’

The modern capitalist state has replaced conspiratio with secular juridicial conjuratio – with Law - and has turned ‘conspiracy’ into a word tinged with connotations of nefarious scheming outside the framework of the law. Above all ‘conspiracies’ are seen as being ‘hatched’ in secret by small groups of societies of persons, rather than as an embodiment of the very communio of spirit and soul uniting and transcending them. The inquisitorial trial and torture of the Templars focused on their ‘sexual perversion’ - the con-spiration seen as some sort of lascivious homosexual ‘French kiss’ (the osculum infame). But esoterically understood, the con-spiratio requires that lips be barely touching, if at all. Its essence lies in a bodily proximity intimate enough to allow inhalation of the soul breath and soul scent of the other, as emanated or ‘exhaled’ from mouth or nose. The persecution of the Templars took place in the early part of the 14th century – precisely that century which, as Illich notes, historians see as the one in which the idea of the ‘social contract’ (an expression of the conjuratio) took root. But Illich is quite wrong when he asserts that the cultivation of ‘conspiracy’ is unique to Christian and European history, and that: “The European idea of peace that is synonymous with the somatic incorporation of equals into a community has no analogy elsewhere.”

The Spiritual Meaning of ‘Conspiracy’

The roots have always been there. It is only now that people are placing their own views of spirituality to them. Many different ways of thinking added to the mystique,of wanting to know the secret,or secrets to life.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join