It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Templar Uprising

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It is quite telling that none of them have come to defend their meme though

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster
It is quite telling that none of them have come to defend their meme though

The last variation of an answer I got was something along the lines of "people make things as they want, they always have." Which is a pretty wishy-washy cop out. But hey, it does leave the field WIDE open for me to do what I want with it.

Sometimes silence says far more than words ever could.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Maybe the gloss over the cover has changed,but in the end its control,when you really look at it.
Honorable beginnings,True Templar service was changed dramatically,when indifference to murder,and a pocket full of coin was had. The mechanisms of control,have changed in time,but I still believe the wanting of power,controls those who are in these secret society's. Even easier now. Why would ANY true Templar reveal himself ? The name can be soiled. The hidden truths cant.

“It is not my intention to doubt that the doctrine of the Illuminati and the principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more satisfied of this fact than I am.”George Washington

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Oooooooo. You just gave me chills, dude. No joke.

Why does all the good stuff just get pimped out in service of control? A certain degree of control is necessary for organization, but it doesn't solve our security concerns.

We have to address this junk on other fronts. Like the kind were we talk instead of shoot eachother.

Or blow **** up.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Shmedit.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Cultural control,Society control.Religious control.

But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die. Genesis 3:3

Standard process,if you take a Christian religious view of it.

Maybe the Templar's refined it. Shaped it.(I know,out there)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It is audacity.

I think that's the key. I'm sure of it. People are missing men who are audacious.

Magnificent Audacious Men.

Oh man. I'm sure it that's it. Guys wanna be it. Some women want it.

I think that's hackable.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Balphomet? BWahaha! You need to study a bit more if you fall for that.

Ninja please.

Neither you or I will ever be able to tap enough web to answer this question definitively.

We have had one guy with a level-and-compass eye (you) and another dressed as a Templar hinting at Templar revivalism, and a new age of enlightenment. Don't get all funky on me just because I called you on it.

Sheesh.

The thing is that the story has been around long enough for people to make up their own minds on what happened after 1314. It really comes down to critical thinking doesn't it? I am asking because I am not very good at critical thinking.

So tell you what, against my better judgement, I thought I would offer a creative and entertaining way for us to have fun with this and learn a bunch at the same time. I checked the debate forums and nobody seems to have touched this in a while. How about either you and I or teams of 2 or 3 go at it in a debate?

If we promoted it i bet a lot of folks on ATS would be totally down for it.

And we make a bunch of new friends.

What do you think?

We can just focus on the Templars and the alleged Baphometis.

King Josh can be on both sides because he is insane.

X.

P.S. You know? I just realized how crazy it would be to try to do this. What would we call it? "Did The Templars Have A Baphomet?", or maybe, "The Templars: Where's The Baphomet?". How do we vet the Baphomet?

Nevertheless.

edit on 27-1-2012 by Xoanon because: nevertheless

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

In the Scottish Rite, it's told thusly:

The order of “The Knights of the Temple of Solomon,” or “The Knights of the Temple,” originally called the “Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Jesus Christ,” was established in 1118. Pope Clement V declared it heretical, at the insistence of Philip the Fair of France in 1307. The leadership of the Order in France was arrested and imprisoned, many executed and more tortured, and all impoverished. When the Grand Master had been burned alive, on the 15th of March 1314, the Templars no longer had a common head, nor could they maintain their organization under their old name, which had become so famous.

In Portugal, where they were pronounced innocent, the name of the Order was changed to that of the Order of Christ. In England, King Edward proscribed them, and forbade them to remain in the realm, unless they entered the Preceptories of the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem. There is a legend that in Scotland they found protection, and joined the army with which King Robert Bruce met the invasions of his country by Edward II of England.

The Battle of Bannockburn was fought on the 24th of June 1314. In consequence of the assistance reputedly rendered him on that memorable day by the Templars, Bruce created, and received them into, the Order of Saint Andrew du Chardon, meaning “of the Thistle”, of Scotland. King Robert reserved to himself and to his successors forever the title of Grand Master of the new Order.

Prince Charles Edward Stuart was the last Grand Master of the Order in Scotland, and exercised his powers in France, by establishing a Chapter of Rose Croix of Heredom at Arras. The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite was finally organized, by men in possession of the Degrees of the Rites of Heredom and Perfection, and of other Rites and detached degrees that had been from time to time established in Scotland, France, Germany and elsewhere. The Order of Scottish Knights of Saint Andrew became the 29th Degree of the new Rite, formed by selecting, from the different Rites and Observances, seven degrees, in addition to the twenty-five of Perfection; and creating the 33rd, as the Supreme and last degree, to rule the whole.
The legend goes, at the Battle of Bannockburn, Robert the Bruce was losing and his troops were outnumbered, when at the last minute a group of trained soldiers on horseback joined his side en masse and turned the tide of the battle. It is presumed that these mounted knights were exiled Templars, if the story has any truth to it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
King Josh can be on both sides because he is insane.
Well, that's a given. But why the demotion?

P.S. You know? I just realized how crazy it would be to try to do this. What would we call it? "Did The Templars Have A Baphomet?", or maybe, "The Templars: Where's The Baphomet?". How do we vet the Baphomet?
I’ve never met a Baphomet,
I never hope to meet one.
But one thing I will tell you’s that
I'd rather meet than eat one.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Well, that's a given. But why the demotion?

Certainly not a demotion, Oh, Regal One, I was merely pointing out the the superior advantage of your enlightenment, which we Discordians some times sum up as 'insanity'. Who but Emperor Norton could be present on both sides of a debate like this simultaneously?

I’ve never met a Baphomet,

I never hope to meet one.

But one thing I will tell you’s that

I'd rather meet than eat one.

That is very, very cool, I have never seen it before, thank you.

X.

Ok, you know how an idea seems really good at about 12:30 in the morning, and then later, way later that morning it does not seem like such a good idea? This is one of those (Where's The Baphomet). Now, I can't really take back that gauntlet so if we wanna, then I am totally down for it. On the other hand I could just start a thread and invite everyone over for a barn burning.

edit on 27-1-2012 by Xoanon because: Oh boy,

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
Who but Emperor Norton could be present on both sides of a debate like this simultaneously?
Of course the Templars don't exist anymore. One told me so, just the other day!

Go ’Mets!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thanks for the info and reminding me.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

X - your Avatar; I've seen it before. Where is it from? Comic? Book Cover?

edit on 2012/1/27 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I grew up in Hereford, and not far out of town is a little village, called Garway.
It's nothing, really. Just a few houses and some farms. There was a little trout pond I used to fish.
Anyway, the church used to belong to the Templars, then the Hospitallers.
That was kind of amazing cos Garway really is nowhere.
If you look round the church, there are lots of cool carvings etc. Even a dovecot with 666 holes...The most amazing thing is that Jacques du Molay supposedly visited...I mean, why?
Here's a link.
thetemplebooklet.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
I grew up in Hereford, and not far out of town is a little village, called Garway.
It's nothing, really. Just a few houses and some farms. There was a little trout pond I used to fish.
Anyway, the church used to belong to the Templars, then the Hospitallers.
That was kind of amazing cos Garway really is nowhere.
If you look round the church, there are lots of cool carvings etc. Even a dovecot with 666 holes...The most amazing thing is that Jacques du Molay supposedly visited...I mean, why?
Here's a link.
thetemplebooklet.co.uk...

Not so strange if you think about it. The Templars were bankers, so anywhere where there were pilgrims wishing to go the mainland (Europe), or produce for export, you will find evidence of Templars.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Here you are...

Surprisingly the First Crusade of 1096 had a direct link with Garway. A number of knights did not return home after their successful capture of Jerusalem but chose to stay in order to protect pilgrims on the roads to and from Jerusalem. From this group of knights evolved the Order of the Poor Knights of the Temple Of Solomon. These Knights Templar (see illustration) were given many valuable gifts in recognition of their work in the Holy Land and one of these was an estate in Garway in 1180. All over Europe the Templars worked their estates to provide funds for their Brothers who were fighting to keep Jerusalem a Christian city. The Garway estate of over 2,000 acres has since been divided up and the domestic buildings long decayed, but evidence of the Templars' occupation has survived. Their church continues as a place of worship for the villagers and its massive tower still stands tall. The external remains of the original circular nave have been preserved and inside the church the beautiful chancel arch and the altar stone are as the Templars left them (see St Michael's Church web page). On Friday 13 October 1307 the Knights Templar were suppressed and, in due course, their property passed to the Knights Hospitaller.

www.garway.org.uk...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
True, however if half of Garway wanted to go, that would be about 10 people. :-)
I still can't think why the top Templar would go there, it'd be like Bill gates visiting the little pc repair shop down the road...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
True, however if half of Garway wanted to go, that would be about 10 people. :-)
I still can't think why the top Templar would go there, it'd be like Bill gates visiting the little pc repair shop down the road...

But if you consider it...the Templars had bases up and down the country...it would be a bit like when the Queen visits the commonwealth countries...she pops her head round everyone's door just to be polite and so no-one feels left out.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Good point. Maybe I just expected them to have better things to do than "Queeny" stuff.
You are probably on the right track.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So....

What's pulling our Ninja Shaolin Templar Loki/Wotan Viking Apollo Warriors off track then?
edit on 2012/1/27 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join