It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Templar Uprising

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
All right, by a show of hands: who's noticed a major upswing in incidences of the Templar meme lately? I just started really clocking it about two weeks ago, but then I am slow that way sometimes. Because it turns out this has been ramping up for a few months.

I got curious. I looked into the metrics.

Number of blog entries under the search term "Templar":

*2009-17,500
*2011- 238,000

I even subsequently weeded out "cartel" and "Norway". I still got 148,000 as opposed to 17,500.

The search trends also bear out an astounding uptake in general interest in Templars.

It's popping up in some weird places:

www.straitstimes.com...

Jul 25, 2011

MEXICO CITY - FEDERAL police have arrested a leader of the Knights Templar drug cartel in the Mexican state of Michoacan.

Security forces say Bulmaro Salinas Munoz, alias 'El Men', was arrested in Morelia, where he had allegedly been the cartel's local chief since August 2010.

The 33-year-old is accused of extortion, kidnapping and involvement in the murder of 21 people.

Mexican officials say Salinas was imprisoned in the United States in 2004 on drug and weapons possession charges.

Munoz allegedly began his career in La Familia Michoacana. Officials say he later broke off to join the newly formed cartel which models itself after the 12th and 13th Century Crusaders. -- AP

A National Geographical special that aired on 01/06

jhaines6.wordpress.com...

And, of course, Anders Breivik.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Try this. Go to youtube and run a search on Templar Chants. You will notice a strange thing if you parse through recent comments. BTW, there are vids that have been up for a while (1+ yrs) that show a greater frequency of comments in the last month than in the last several months put together.

You will also notice that while there are many anti-Islamic comments, there are other types that stand out.

Example:

"I am an atheist, but I cant but to feel empowered by righteous zeal whenever I come cross it.
Growthrate of my chest hair doubles at the very least whenever I hear Latin chant. And few movies where protagonist smites evildoers whilst quoting the Bible is envigorating like a *expletive deleted*."

What this tells us is that this is resonating with people in a way that goes way beyond religion and probably nationality.

So, let's talk about this. How do you guys account for it?
edit on 25-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: ?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

ummm...the preponderance of Assassin's creed video game releases during that time period??? Like...maybe one a year... where the Templars play a huge part in the game's/comics/animated movies' story-lines? Critical thinkin', brah.

*-And nice try to pull in the religious zealots with your 'comment example'. Youtube full of disinfo and p.o.'d 13 years olds. =P

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i think i read once somewhere what the templars themselves define themselves as.

i think it was something relating to "oil". this is not literal, it's a symbol.

oil anoints the blessed. oil is a fuel for fire. fire cleanses.

we'll find out the purpose of ALL secret societies pretty soon. i think a lot of them function only to hold a small piece of truth. these truths are so important that a dynasty of members vow to protect that truth and keep it from being tainted by the world, until it is the right time.

they're all waiting for the precisely perfect timing to reveal their truths. once all these societies reveal their version of the truth, we will be able to see that they were all right, in their own way.

the year of the dragon started this week. dragons breathe fire.

i think some very interesting things will come from asia this year. , keep in mind that the Sun/Son always rises in the East. you will not see it coming if you're not paying attention to what's on the Horizon.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I think you are right about the increase in people adhering to religious or quasi-religious groups. I think it is because of a polarization taking place across the world. I think that we all subconsciously understand that the world must undergo serious change to survive under the weight of so many people, so many governments, so much corruption and so little morality, ethics, responsibility, or accountability.

The natural response is to reach out to like-minded individuals with common and comfortable symbols and language. Templars, Masons, etc. have been given an aura of dangerous mystery in popular media. If I say to a layperson, 'I am a Templar.', what they will take away is only that I am involved in something outside of the known realm for most people, but I am linked to the Church. You wouldn't want to be in my Templar gang if you were a muslim. You would be comfortable with a different set of symbols and language, and be linked to a different church.

To see an increase in 'Templars', just tells me that people are choosing to side with the Church. I am sure that in Israel and Iran there is an increase of the same kind, respective to culture. We all know that a major conflict is going to happen, and even in our gang names and avatars we pick sides.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Egregore:

Egregore (also egregor) is an occult concept representing a "thoughtform" or "collective group mind", an autonomous psychic entity made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of a group of people.

What we now know as egregores, we used to call Gods.

Jung believed that humans lacking a rigid and cohesive religious framework were particularly vulnerable to a type of mass possession by egregores, and that these composite entities were tied both culturally and genetically to their sub-group.

In fact, he thought that the Third Reich pretty much amounted to an entire nation being possessed by Wotan. The collective stress and marginalization experienced by the German body politic subsequent to WWI resulted in a sort of heinous autoimmune response.

Can the same thing be happening here?

For the record I am not, I repeat, not asserting that Nazi=Templar. Just wanted to head that off at the pass.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyray

I just weeded "creed" out of the search as well, and it didn't effect the metrics. Thanks for that.

It seems more likely to me that the game is mirroring a greater trend.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleepermustawaken

To see an increase in 'Templars', just tells me that people are choosing to side with the Church. I am sure that in Israel and Iran there is an increase of the same kind, respective to culture. We all know that a major conflict is going to happen, and even in our gang names and avatars we pick sides.

Except, here's the thing about that. And I'm just going to quote a buddy I've been corresponding with about this stuff.

"Also, Since when did everyone forget that the Templars were not really Catholic? They kinda took over the Catholic church, I can buy that. Or maybe one could say that they consumed it from the inside out. Or maybe that they had the church so intimidated that it took em (the church) nearly 300 years to break them up, and that in the meantime they were their own entity that had rubbing the cross along your buttcrack as a hazing ritual and lived in the desert.

But when did everyone start id-ing these guys with uber-christians? the stuff I was brought up on says that they were doing all sorts of grand things and being devout christians is not one of them. The whole damn background of these guys is built upon secrecy and hiding and being not who you say you are.

See, this is the problem, I think, it appeals somehow (we could list em) to guys of a certain ilk but it comes with no critical thinking. They invented banking for god's sake."
edit on 25-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: ""

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

no prob, do you happen to have those metrics to show the difference with and without the term 'creed'??? interesting

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sleepermustawaken

the popularity of templars has NOTHING to do with the popularity of the vatican church, IMO.

the whole myth of the "templar crusade" during the "holy crusades" was just a cover-up for the templar's search for the holy grail and/or treasures. although their search for the holy grail/treasure was sponsored by the church, they had little-to-nothing to do with the supporting the church.

yet another historical lie perpetuated by the government-approved education system. thanks Federal Department of Education!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyray

I do! We dropped from 142,000 to 131,000.

edit on 25-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: fail link.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Hey, there. In your first reply, you seemed to think that this is following some sort of cycle? Like, people identifying with this en masse is the byproduct of a cosmic trend, rather than atavistic tendencies aggravated by cultural dissonance?

I guess they are not mutually exclusive.

edit on 25-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
People are on the search for answers,
And some of those answers are in our own history. The templars are a link in the chain of a long chain that started thousands of years ago. i'm a little iffy on the templars themselves, but they had a hold of the 'ark of the covenant' do they not? And it long disappeared.

They still have it in secret. It has to be, because if fallen into the wrong hands, the 'ark' whatever it may be, is a very dangerous item. Perhaps people really are starting to look back in history and wonder "Hey wait a minute"

Perhaps finally people will delve back into history and start learning from our past mistakes and help uncover some mysteries. We dont know everything about what happened. But perhaps the answers lay somewhere for us to find. We can only speculate as to what the 'ark' is, i have a feeling i know what it is but i have not researched into it yet. Its all mystery, thats part of the fun i suppose. History has a very important role today, one has to find the truth and follow the truth once it is found. Just like the search for the holy grail. There are three holy grail stories. One of them is the closest to the real thing, but the other two appear to be real so you cannot know which one is real until you 'figure it out',

Its an odd question really, why would they be looking up templars now..

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here in England we have a new BBC TV series about the Knights Templar And The Crusades. Part 2 tonight. Here is a clip:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There is no question that Templars had vast treasures. And so far, nobody has claimed to have found the bulk of it. I would think it's much more possible that the templars kept an existence and maintain one to this day, than the fabled Illuminati that everyone keeps blaming all their problems on. The templars were around a long time and they were very powerful. Maybe we are entering into a new enlightenment era? One could only hope.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
There is no question that Templars had vast treasures. And so far, nobody has claimed to have found the bulk of it. I would think it's much more possible that the templars kept an existence and maintain one to this day, than the fabled Illuminati that everyone keeps blaming all their problems on. The templars were around a long time and they were very powerful. Maybe we are entering into a new enlightenment era? One could only hope.

The templars were the illuminati.
The illuminati are still at work today. The Illuminati are not at fault (really anyways). I believe it has been a charade. We hear about the Illuminati NWO. But what if its not new, at all. Its not new. Its old as the damn hills. But its not the Illuminati.
It is 'The old world order' so to speak.
The Illuminati are essentially 'good' guys.
What we see around us today is the OWO. They have maintained control over most of the population for the last multiple thousands of years. (directly related to BANKS. If there was a bank, be sure the OWO was there). There has always been a counter ( french revolution, american revolution, cuba, etc. ) to try to keep the owo in its place.

I don't know, lol. Just some info i have been stumbling across,

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'll give you another. Seach on the Age of Conan and Lux Aeterna vids on Youtube. You'll find comments of a very interesting nature.

All 13 year olds? You'll find interesting comments in news comment sections too. Not the usual place for trolling 13 year olds.

I was just in a meeting with a mixed crowd.

I am considered a person who makes meetings a bit more fun as I encourage a bit of light joking topical joking. Makes things run smoother.

The guy doing the presentation joked that I was going to stab him with a pen. (guess I'm projecting a bit). My supervisor suggested that he'd give me the work instead. Haha. I slipped in with "I guess he's your Templar."

Women laughed, my one BA who is used to some of my ...uh... manipulations(?) watched what happened and gave me an eyebrows up like "Well that's an odd reaction they just had" while over half the men in the room quickly scanned all the other men, and laughed but didn't manage to hide that it was an uneasy laugh very well.

Is it also interesting that I've been seeing those of Chinese descent Western Culture resonating on the Templar meme?

edit on 2012/1/25 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Hey, there. In your first reply, you seemed to think that this is following some sort of cycle? Like, people identifying with this en masse is the byproduct of a cosmic trend, rather than atavistic tendencies aggravated by cultural dissonance?

I guess they are not mutually exclusive.

edit on 25-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

actually, yeah i think it is both....i loved your language, those words fit perfectly to describe what's happening.

there is an atavistic tendency that's been aggravated into mainstream because people are beginning to realize, en masse, that our "modern civilization" is killing the Earth, and the Soul of Man.

especially the young adults, and younger children are who i'm speaking about. I'm 24, and I realized that this world was FAR OFF from what it COULD be when i was very very young....and everyone i know (that has an aware & conscious mind) wants to change the world in order to stop the Earth tragedies.

this aggravation en masse can be seen in the "Green" movement and the ideas about sustainability and carbon foot-prints and "alternative energies" in the mainstream.

anyway, this trend of cultural dissonance has been growing over generations, and it begins resonating with cultural-participants (humans) at an increasingly younger and younger age. this will result in a critical mass, and when my generation and the generations after mine come into places of power, things will change BIG time. the resonation AGAINST the status-quo of supposed "CIVIL" living on Earth cause people to consider alternative-lifestyles and exploratory journeys of "forbidden","hidden", "secret", and "alternative" worlds.

when people like me resonate with the idea of changing the status-quo, we are EASILY lead into the world of conspiracies,,,and alternative subjects/history. if it wasn't for my passion to learn about the occult than I would have NEVER known who the Knights Templar are or their role in history. I think THIS is why Templar mythology has become a popular image in the mainstream....because there is a cultural-level resonation with the occult (the HIDDEN).

terence mckenna has a word phrase that i've always loved, and describes this atavistic cyclic trend perfecty: The Archaic Revival.

REvival. cyclical. REsonation is cyclical. all vibrations are cyclical. cultural dissonance is when people stop resonating with the government-formed "culture" and they become dissonant in mainstream society., if this dissonance persists, it will extinguish the old resonance, and you will begin to have a new resonance, a resonance with the "alternative" & "occult" paradigm in the foreground, and the "government-formed" paradigm in the background.

this was a long way of saying: yes, i think it's a cycle too. but as to the details of the cycle frequency: who knows? terence mckenna and his timewave theory was the last great mind that attempted to tackle that subject, IMO.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Great post! Haven't looked much into Jung's concept of Egregores, we did study him as a passing subject in psychology class but that was years ago.

It makes sense though, the more belief people put into a thought form the more power it holds almost to the point of being an actual living "god" or "entity" etc.

Gonna look more into it and thanks for bringing it to my attention!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster

It makes sense though, the more belief people put into a thought form the more power it holds almost to the point of being an actual living "god" or "entity" etc.

absolutely.

i think this is basically what has happened with the figure of "Jesus". SO many people today believe he existed 2040 years ago. this MASS BELIEF results in the same effect of him ACTUALLY existing, and his place in society today is like a God.

this whole idea of "thought-forms" is explained VERY well by some channeled works i.e. The Ra Material, & Seth Speaks. these "thought form" entities don't operate on our physical plane, they operate on the astral plane/the 4th spacial dimension.

the astral/intellectual plane is where the thought-forms make change. This is also the place where "angels" work and interact with humans. they can penetrate our minds through the astral/intellectual plane and easily make suggestions for us un-suspecting humans. most of the time, these telepathic messages come in the form of intuition, gut instincts, and very often as our own thoughts; we're being influenced through our subconscious ALL the time and we never know it. this is the role of angels & demons and how they make change on the physical plane.

all the more evidence that THOUGHT is what creates our REALITY. WE are the co-creators of reality. this is why Ghandi said "BE the change you want to see IN THE WORLD".

~ if you change your thoughts and emotions about the world, and your neighbor changes their thoughts and emotions about the world....then the entire world will change. this again, is the process of resonation. it starts with the individual vibrations, then resonates into the surroundings and other individuals begin to resonate in harmony.

i'm too philosophical today.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Templary is an interesting topic. I blog about it quite often myself.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join