It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This guy really helps prove the point that our judicial system is a JOKE!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

I have been saying for years that one of the reasons we have as much crime as we do, violent or not, because people aren't afraid of the punishments that may be given to them by our judicial system. Danny Hembree is a monster who is blatantly mocking the judicial system and all of its faults. The man is a convicted murderer who gets to watch color TV with A/C running and is bragging about it.

Question, what is so wrong with having these criminals outside all day long breaking rocks? What ever happened to real punishment? Why is it so hard for all the bleeding heart liberals in this country to see and understand what is happening all around us? Why should a convicted rapist and murderer get better treatment then most lower/middle class Americans who work their asses off?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
http:/ /www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-561682/Drugs-prostitutes-satellite-TV--wonder-inmates-dont-want-escape-Britains-cushy-prisons.html

I so agree with you on this.

You should come to England and see the jails here. English jails make american jails look like hell on earth.
Also in England you can commit fraud and get 10 years yet pedo's get off with 6 months.

Prison should be such a horrible experience that no one would want to go back.

I so agree with you on this. There i said it twice. S&F

edit on 25/1/2012 by Mr Moon because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/1/2012 by Mr Moon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Here is another post that amplifies your point: DWI

The linked post is not even in the same league as the man in your story but goes to show how absolutely fouled up our justice system is.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

agree 100%.

people committing crimes like this guy (killed 3 women, fire & sex involved) deserve to be WORKED to death. this is a much more powerful punishment than immediate death or TV & A/C "death" row.

the LEAST we could ask for (as a society) is to make this man SWEAT a little for his crimes.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

agree 100%.

people committing crimes like this guy (killed 3 women, fire & sex involved) deserve to be WORKED to death. this is a much more powerful punishment than immediate death or TV & A/C "death" row.

I see you admire the Judicial System of North Korea...

To each his own...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
well in a world where we see our own leaders get away with crimes against humanity... of course that message trickles down people like this guy.... Not surprised... The judicial system from top to bottom is a bureaucratic farce!

If you are brought up with good morals from the family members and city/county/state/federal leaders... crime would go down.... not to mention also getting rid of non-violent crime laws would help.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

agree 100%.

I see you admire the Judicial System of North Korea...

To each his own...

While some countries take things to the extreme, NK obviously being one of them, doesn't mean that ours is perfect. While we seem to have a few things right, one of them being guaranteed a fair trial, there is much to work on. Somebody tell me when HARD LABOR became cruel punishment? Why the hell should prisoners be pampered? It just doesn't make a lick of sense.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
well in a world where we see our own leaders get away with crimes against humanity... of course that message trickles down people like this guy.... Not surprised... The judicial system from top to bottom is a bureaucratic farce!

If you are brought up with good morals from the family members and city/county/state/federal leaders... crime would go down.... not to mention also getting rid of non-violent crime laws would help.

Agreed. The problem is that today's family consists of kids having kids and kids being raised in Day care centers because both parents have to work all the time just to make ends meet. When a child has a child, how can we expect them to raise their kids properly when they themselves are still very immature? I'm not sure what age limits I'm talking about here, but I do know PLENTY of late 20's and early 30's CHILDREN who have no right reproducing.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Actually the guy is right and he should mock anyone he can.

I am not going to get into his guilt or innocence. It is a fact that there are people on Death Row who have turned out to be innocent before. I do not know the details of his case to even pretend to know of his guilt or lack of. Instead it highlights a different problem.

Here is a guy on Death Row who lives a pretty good life. The law is what it is in that State, but if you are going to have a death penalty, you owe it to the people of that State to carry it out. There is absolutely no reason at all that once the process has run it's course and the appeals process has been exhausted to not carry out his sentence. Keeping him alive cost money. Either carry out his sentence or change the law. It's that simple.

Even this inmate is saying, "I'm convicted to die so kill me already". He is literally laughing at the State for not carrying out his sentence. So what's the problem?
edit on 25-1-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I agree that he is right, what I want to see happen is the proper repercussions given to him. He should be put on some sort of labor working party where he does hard labor all day long. There is no reason he should sit around all day long watching TV in air conditioning when there are people who work all day in sometimes very harsh and nasty environments.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I agree more punishment is in order, but there is also a lot of other things that must be done. I can no way in any attempt to list them all here. But for one thing, I think that 100% direct evidence, or close to, like a videotape, or a picture, or verifiable facts should always be introduced for a jury to consider no matter what. The courtroom needs to turn into a pursuit for truth, rather than subsiding to the one with the better argument. We also need to stop sending people to jail and prison, who don't need to be there. Only VIOLENT people should be in jail or prison. Sexual acts would be considered violent. But people on drugs, and alcohol, with the exception of driving, shouldn't be arrested. I was told that many drug users are arrested because of their tendency to rob, or steal, or kill for their fix. But since when do we start arresting people based on their tendency to commit violent acts. We shouldn't arrest anyone until the violent act is committed. I've seen many a cops shows, where they're driving out to the middle of nowhere to arrest some guy smoking crack in his truck in a parking lot in THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, no one to bother. I just don't get it, it is not our right or duty to infringe upon peoples rights to do whatever they want to their own body. This could free up a lot of room in the prisons, so we could get all the whackos and sickos the hell out of here for a long ass time, instead of this 5-10 year bs.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
They are too worried about treating them in-humanely, if you can believe that. These people, to use the word loosely, go out and rape, murder and torture their victims and then go to live in better surrounds than they ever had on the outside. I totally agree that prison for violent offenders should be an experience so bad they never want to go back. But, we can't do that, now can we? We must treat them like a fragile vase. Be sure to nurture them so they will not be traumatized by their time in prison. Bull. If they ain't breakin' rocks they should be in a cell. Treat them the same as they treated their victims. No compassion, no mercy.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow

I agree that he is right, what I want to see happen is the proper repercussions given to him. He should be put on some sort of labor working party where he does hard labor all day long. There is no reason he should sit around all day long watching TV in air conditioning when there are people who work all day in sometimes very harsh and nasty environments.

Sorry but I disagree. This man is on Death Row. THE LAST thing you want is to put him outside and give him a chance to escape. What needs to happen is he needs to serve his sentence.... put him to death. Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Sorry but I disagree. This man is on Death Row. THE LAST thing you want is to put him outside and give him a chance to escape. What needs to happen is he needs to serve his sentence.... put him to death. Problem solved.

That exactly why he needs to be shackled hand and foot, with just enough chain to swing a pick ax. One guard with a shot gun with orders to kill on attempt to escape. A single guard with orders to kill on anything that loos like an attempt to escape can handle 4-5 prisoners. If they need to piss they can do it behind a bush...while being watched with a shot gun wielding guard close by.

These people do not deserve humane treatment, for the most part what they did was not within the realm of "humane" so why should they be treated humane?

This punishment should be carried out at least 3 time per week in a public place...I don't care hull in the rocks for him to break. Three days of the week that he is not "breaking rocks" he should be doing domestic chores at the prison (instead of the contractors we pay $15.00/hour) if he or they don't do the job let them live in filth. One day of rest...rinse and repeat.

If your behavior is like an animals then you should be treated as an animal. I know I will get flamed for this, but all I have to say is: DON'T PUT YOUR SELF IN A POSISTION THAT WILL END YOU UP IN A PLACE LIKE THIS.
edit on 25-1-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Are you proposing labor camps for criminals? Something that starts off as an innocent idea(Make use of the bastards and killers ect ect) can easily turn into slavery. Before you know ridiculous laws are put into place to lower the bar as corporation or the Government becomes dependent on labor from convicts, making it more and more a successful deterrent forcing them to keep lowering the bar. Where soon jaywalking would be consider a criminal offense and could get you 10 years at the Taco Bell labor camp.

In a perfect world it would be a brilliant idea if the people who can't be in society can still be useful to society. Though in a perfect world everyone would be useful to society.

Anyways the Justice system does need an overhaul. What it comes down to though is it better to rehabilitate or punish? Punishing is never a sure fire way to to get someone to turn their life around, though you still get a satisfaction akin to Revenge. Rehabilitation has higher odds of working(so I've heard) however if they relapse theres a sinking feeling of rewarding the criminal and justice hasn't been met.

Its a complex situation that isn't black and white and takes a lot of careful thought and planning put into, however the the situations that it deals with are fueled by emotion more than logic and is perfectly understandable in most cases. The legal system is something I bump around in my head form time to time but could never come up with a satisfactory solution.

EDIT: Oh yes and well some people are calling for cruelty towards this man(understandable) the bill of rights clearer states "NO CRUEL OR UNUSUAL PUNISHMENTS". Like it or not this criminal has rights, if we void him of his rights then it makes us no better then him.
edit on 1/26/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
EDIT: Oh yes and well some people are calling for cruelty towards this man(understandable) the bill of rights clearer states "NO CRUEL OR UNUSUAL PUNISHMENTS". Like it or not this criminal has rights, if we void him of his rights then it makes us no better then him.
edit on 1/26/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

This man voided himself of his rights, in the good old days of western justice he would have been hanged. I would think "breaking rocks" a suitable punishment for his type of behavior. Prisons need to make people not want to be there.

At this time they are simply an unpleasing diversion for criminals. They watch TV, have internet access, can go to college...

Some of the nastiest criminals have gained a degree in law so that they can find "loop holes" in the justice system so they can appeal and be set free.....and we pay for that in more ways than one.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

I have been saying for years that one of the reasons we have as much crime as we do, violent or not, because people aren't afraid of the punishments that may be given to them by our judicial system. Danny Hembree is a monster who is blatantly mocking the judicial system and all of its faults. The man is a convicted murderer who gets to watch color TV with A/C running and is bragging about it.

Question, what is so wrong with having these criminals outside all day long breaking rocks? What ever happened to real punishment? Why is it so hard for all the bleeding heart liberals in this country to see and understand what is happening all around us? Why should a convicted rapist and murderer get better treatment then most lower/middle class Americans who work their asses off?

I bet your the type who laughs at the idea of a prisoner dropping "his soap". Color TV and a/c isn't worth bragging about, and only illustrates how poor the monster was prior to being incarcerated.

Frankly spoken the timing of this all is very suspicious. With the increase of using prisoners as a form of cheap domestic labor, combined with an increase in debtor's prison and growing cries against a system that promotes rape and constant terror among inmates via over crowding... It is all very suspect.

Additionally, who do you think will suffer the most from your ignorant rhetoric? Murders and rapist's, or the vast majority in jail for non violent offenses?

People like you are what make this world such a lousy place to live. You think your doing good but your only doing great evil.
edit on 26-1-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

Agreed. The problem is that today's family consists of kids having kids and kids being raised in Day care centers because both parents have to work all the time just to make ends meet. When a child has a child, how can we expect them to raise their kids properly when they themselves are still very immature? I'm not sure what age limits I'm talking about here, but I do know PLENTY of late 20's and early 30's CHILDREN who have no right reproducing.

You should have no right to reproduce. The problem with this country is the 40 and over crowd. A bunch of degenerate sadists that belong in internment communities far removed from civilized society.

This whole "blame the youth" BS by your generation is amusing. What did your panties get into a bunch when everyone realized that the greatest generation really wasn't all that great. and that the baby losers, err Baby Boomers are the WORST GENERATION IN AMERICAN HISTORY!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Why do they not deserve to be treated humanely?

By making such a statement you are assuming the person is guilty. As I said in my first post, there have been many people on Death Row who have been later proven innocent. So I am not going to assume I know the details of this inmates case. All we know is that he is on Death Row and he is sentenced to die.

So I have no intention to get into a whole speculative discussion about what should happen to inmates on Death Row. The way I see it, it is a very simple discussion. If you are on Death Row, the State obviously has a death penalty. The State owes it to the taxpayers to carry out the sentence. If the State does not want to do so, they need to change their laws and abolish the Death Penalty. At that point we can talk all you'd like about what should happen to inmates who are incarcerated for life. However, as long as the State has a Death Penalty, they need to get on with it and carry out the sentence.

If you would like to discuss inmates working during their sentence, we can do that. My feelings on it are if you are sentenced to die you should remain on lock down and you should be put to death. This country has no shortage of inmates who are not in for life or sentenced to die. Let them work. Someone who is in jail for life or has a death sentence has nothing to lose. Someone who has a release date is much more likely to be a flight risk.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

You think the man should be voided of his rights which is an understandable statement. But again you can't void people of their rights, think of it this way "no cruel or unusual punishment" is also there for the innocent. If you are innocent of crime but proven guilt otherwise least you have the insurance you want be hung by your toes in a dank dungeon. The justice system isn't infallible, far from it. I don't know where I stand on the issue of Rehabilitation or Punishment, but I do know I don't want wrongly accused people being sacrificed to the wolves, to have a more revenged type justice system.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join