It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Spends 2 Years In Solitary Confinement After DWI Arrest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What I really want to know is how the hell did he "go un-noticed" for 2 years?!?!

Where did they lock him up? Some soundproofed, old custodial closet in the basement?

Seriously, they have watch commanders who routinely go around every hour or so to make sure inmates aren't fighting, killing themselves, destroying property, etc...

Something about this story doesnt add up...

If you were imprisoned for more than a few days for something as minor as a DWI/DUI, wouldnt you be screaming, banging on the bars, throwing a fit, getting peoples attention? I mean what the hell, is this guy deaf, blind, and mute?

Maybe he split 22 mil with the police chief of that town

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetKarma
reply to post by jerryznv

Thank you so much for providing such an honest "from the inside out" look at our prison system today. It's an eye opener to be sure!!! And thank you for providing so much additional material to my thread- it really helped to fill it out and give folks a real look at things as they really stand in America today in our prison systems.

Please, don't anyone think I am ignoring them. I am attempting to multi task this latest "fun" /sarcasm with a thread I created before the event happened. Please bear with me, I am doing my best. I'm very surprised to get this much reaction on my first thread. Thank you guys so much! I've actually learned some great things from this and am enjoying the responses I read.

Peace!!
SK

Hey SweetKarma...

I am happy to share anything (and I do mean anything) about my 13+ years on the inside!

I consider it to be a life changing...and knowledge gaining experience these days!

There are a lot of myths...and truths that happen behind the walls...not everyone wants to hear them...and others can't seem to hear enough...but I am glad to add a bit to this thread where I can...and I am an open book when it comes to the time spent inside the American prison system!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
what no one mentioned is before that he was a prominent member of ATS.......

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
what no one mentioned is before that he was a prominent member of ATS.......

Ummm...ya...No!

What is a prominent member of ATS?

Are we not all prominent members?

Please link any evidence (or otherwise...) that this man was a member of ATS...otherwise you have officially posted BS...not uncommon here...but often pointed out!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wanna know whats worse? They probably had this guy in for something else before and let him go. The great revolving door of the justice system at work.
edit on 26-1-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
Wanna know whats worse? They probably had this guy in for something else before and let him go. The great revolving door of the justice system at work.
edit on 26-1-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

Somebody had a hard on for him... that's pretty obvious. It would be very interesting to find out WHO and WHY.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
I'll sit in prison for two years for 22 million, man I would do it for just 2 million.

You have no respect for life. Learn how to live it away from the rat race and money; learn to live life for what it really was meant to be lived for.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have only skimmed through the posts, but it seems to me that this should have been looked at as a Hate Crime.

Let's look at the Demographics of the county.

Population 206,419 (2009)
Hispanic Population: 66%
Non Hispanic (white): 30%

Now how much would you be willing to bet that the majority of the guards are Hispanic?

Now lets reverse this, lets say a county had a large majority of the population that were white, and the minorities were Hispanic (like most counties in the United States (for now anyways)). Don't you think this would be looked at as a hate crime, rather than a mistake, and people would be put in Jail?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I can see the hate crime angle. But this is what happens when you don't force the immigrants to learn your customs and leech their large numbers and milking of the system for votes in every election year.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

And if that be the case, then just who was using taxpayer money to give him the highly excised taxed liquor?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by alexagendajones

Calling me names is really of the junior high level. I am not a "nazi", nor have I ever claimed to be one. Since your intent was to insult me, and perhaps my heritage, I think you, are out of line. Criticize my point of view all you want. But let's leave the childish behavior for the school room.

Thanks!
SK

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Found some additional information to add to the thread, if anyone should care to read it. Rather interesting!

Link

Thank you again everyone for being responsive.

SK

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Thanks for responding and giving another angle to this story. However, I personally think, after reading everything I've been able to find, that he is just an older man, perhaps an ornery drunk, either due to age or illness (either medical or mental).

He perhaps came in, beligerent, and due to his mental illness, they followed procedure and dumped him solitary, for his protection, either way. What happened after that, I've no clue yet, but I'm still trying to find out!

Again, thanks for giving me something to think about!

Peace!
SK

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetKarma

Argghhh missed that important point of the story...my apologies for being a douche in missing that part...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Sorry for not getting back to you (and everyone), sooner. Like most, I have a life, of some sort, and must get things accomplished on the weekends that we have open.

I love your open, honest statements about this topic on the board. Not many would be willing to even discuss it in private, much less in the manner you have. I really appreciate that!!
What you got tossed in for doesn't really matter to me- who and what you are today, and what you are capable of tomorrow, is what really counts.

I try very very hard to be open and non judgemental about things, but with my northern states upbringing, it can be quite a challenge. I grew up very isolated.

Thanks again for contributing so much to my thread. Please feel free to U2U me anytime!

SK

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Tis all good. Even I've done that one!! I'm actually not easily ruffled, but I will speak my mind.

Take care!
SK

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

An old or ornery man, under any conditions does not lose 2 years of his life in torture, solitary is torture, for no reason, no charge and release, no doctors team committing him,and that would be deplorable too. Just forgotten. Doesnt happen without severe consequences. I'd be asking for about 20 million in absolute outrage and to prevent it from ever happening again and figure about half of that should come out of the salaries of all those in that office.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
We have two lawyers in the family.............one works for the state.

Justice is blind..........he in America that has the most money can get out of any charges.

He who has no money.................rots in jail.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Didn't have the right connections or a good enough lawyer

Welcome to American Justice.

Liberty and justice for all is bulls*&^.
edit on 28-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join