It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Spends 2 Years In Solitary Confinement After DWI Arrest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

I don't think you will here many wardens say that prison is suppose to be for rehabilitation...they are not teaching them anything...if the money was there instead of keeping our many oversees bases going I'm sure we could rehabilitate a good portion of them but it's for the purpose of punishment and to protect the public at large atleast for x amount of time..

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'll let the jail hold me hostage for 2 years so I can get 22 million dollar reprieve. Dang. Now, why can't I be that lucky?

Least, I'll have peace and quiet.

edit on 25-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Wow - nice operation they're running down there...

Funny thing is now they're trying to make it legal to throw you in the clink without a trial...indefinitely...

All they need to do is say driving a vehicle drunk = terrorist

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is just a quick thought...

I don't think any prisons have solitary confinement anymore (that is spoken about)...the SHO (Segregated Housing Unit) pronounced the "shoe"...however is common in prisons!

Two years in the SHO is excessive still though...but not the dungeons of the old days as solitary confinement!

I hear "solitary confinement"...well death row is solitary confinement in short...but the SHO...just segregated housing...away from the general population on the yard...might have even been for his own protection...wouldn't want a DUI'er shanked and killed doing a little two year bit!

ETA: Not that it matters...but I should include I did time in NSP (Nevada State Prison)en.wikipedia.org... before ESP (Ely State Prison)en.wikipedia.org...

Prisoners facing capital punishment are held at Ely State Prison but are sent to Nevada State Prison to carry out the death penalty.

was built, then transfered to NNCC (Northern Nevada Correctional Center)en.wikipedia.org..., then on to HDSP (High Deset State Prison),en.wikipedia.org...(Nevada) and then to SDCC (Southern Deset Correctional Center),en.wikipedia.org... then to WSCC (Warm Springs Correctional Center)! Off to South Dakota to Yankton, and Springfield! Then to Wyoming to Rawlins State Prison!
Back to Nevada to WSCC (Warm Spring Conservation Camp)!

So I have some prison experinece (13+ years or so...) and solitary is a myth...the days of the dungeon are over...the SHO....sure...happens...but not like we would imagine!

edit on 26-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Woah i've been stuck in one room with no electricity for one day once and it almost drove me crazy. Goes to show how crazy solitary confinement is.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetKarma

Jails are privatized, what do you expect? The government is fully responsibly for this torture, but I suspect the main reason why they privatized prisons is to direct blame back to society rather than the regime. Very smart, US regime is probably one of the most smartly viscous regimes in the world. "Stop resisting" torture is awesome, they can torture you in public and they only need to say "stop resisting".. America, what happened to that country?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Seriously though how can this happen? he deserves every penny!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMGabriel
Woah i've been stuck in one room with no electricity for one day once and it almost drove me crazy. Goes to show how crazy solitary confinement is.

Another myth...unless your in a third world country...your not without lights...or sunlight anymore either!

I walked the rec. yard daily for an hour in the worst of prisons...well sometimes a half hour...but anyway...there is no dark dungeons for American prisons anymore...that is a myth!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Something else strikes me odd about this story...county jail holds you for 1 year and 1 day before you are transfered to a state facility...so two years in county....by the way county jail has no solitary confinment either...and was never transfered...hmmm?

County jails may have cells for segregation too..but solitary..naa...this guy must have either pulled some miracle on the system or truly been overlooked for two years (hardly believable)...but I am thinking BS on this!

Some states make a year and a day the maximum amount you can spend in a county jail. Anything longer, and you go to a state prison

www.chacha.com...

A one year sentence is served in a city or county jail; a sentence greater than a year is served in a state correctional facility, a prison. For some reason the judge felt it necessary for the sentence to be completed in prison rather than in jail

uk.answers.yahoo.com...

ETA: Are there no convicts on this site that would verify this???

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Wrong to do that to a man. Illegal by current laws for sure. But he was making $30,137 per day at the end.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
As New Mexico law stands now...Even on a third offense...

THIRD OFFENSE AGGRAVATED DWI - MISDEMEANOR - FINES: $750-$1,000; JAIL: mandatory minimum 90 days - 364 days; LICENSE SUSPENSION: 3 years; OTHER: Drug/alcohol treatment and screening, 3 year installation of ignition interlock device, minimum 96 hours community service

Fourth offense..

FOURTH OFFENSE DWI - 4TH DEGREE FELONY - FINES: up to $5,000; JAIL: mandatory minimum 6 months - maximum 18 months; LICENSE SUSPENSION: Lifetime revocation; OTHER: Drug/alcohol treatment and screening, lifetime installation of ignition interlock

Fifth offense...

FIFTH OFFENSE DWI - 4TH DEGREE FELONY - FINES: up to $5,000; JAIL: mandatory minimum 1 year - maximum 2 years; LICENSE SUSPENSION: lifetime revocation; OTHER: Drug/alcohol treatment and screening, lifetime installation of ignition interlock

Sixth offense...now we are talking prison...

SIXTH OFFENSE DWI - 3RD DEGREE FELONY - FINES: up to $5,000; JAIL: mandatory minimum 18 months - maximum 30 months; LICENSE SUSPENSION: lifetime revocation; OTHER: Drug/alcohol treatment and screening, lifetime installation of ignition interlock

www.duiattorney.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Yes it is worse than you think. I know people that spent the weekend switching clothes many times between different jail's.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

This type of moral decay is typical from a country that is in a state of constant warfare. "Authority" develops general disdain for people.

A fondness for military action aka mass murder, embracing torture, adulation over desecrating dead bodies.

Its not uncommon for police to beat someone up for asking a question. Reports of people being tortured by the police are becoming more common.

Patriot Act, TSA VIPER teams, NDAA. Police state 2.0. Welcome to the terror dome.

edit on 26-1-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by staple

Yes it is worse than you think. I know people that spent the weekend switching clothes many times between different jail's.

During tranfer it is quite common to be "changed out" a few times!

Nothing shocking about that!

And no... it is not worse than I think...I have been on both sides!

Worse than you can imagine?

Ya probably...but not worse than I "know" first hand!

A weekend is far from 13+ years...imagine the only clothes you have to switch all come from the state!

Blue...I am so blue...unless its tan in this prison!

HDSP in person...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
He wont get the money because they don't have the money, but i think to make it even he should have them throw everyone connected into solitary and the victim gets to run the jail for 2 years with a full salary

If they don't pay up he could just put a lien against any County properties. And everyone involved should be thrown in jail. From the County DA, Sheriff, Arresting Officers and Jailers.

But we live in a pathocracy: Rule of Psychopaths. And Psychopaths feel they shouldn't be held accountable for their actions or behavior. That is why there will never be true justice to this tragedy.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

The whole argument here, I believe, isn't so much that perhaps he was a douchebag and deserved to be in solitary. It's the fact that he was held there, without due process, or proper medical care, for 2 years. Is this our future? I sure hope not, but I'm afraid it's just a sign of things to come.

Thank you for responding to my posts all. I would've been back earlier, but I have had major family issues to deal with today and since they usually hit without warning, I had to deal with that first, before coming back here and checking on things. My apologies if anyone was offended.

Peace!
SK

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I knew someone who spent a few years locked down. He said they often transferred folks around because of gang affiliations. I don't know if that is a true statement but in his case, it obviously was.

Thanks for posting!

SK

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SweetKarma

I knew someone who spent a few years locked down. He said they often transferred folks around because of gang affiliations. I don't know if that is a true statement but in his case, it obviously was.

Thanks for posting!

SK

Yep...does happen...see the list of prisons I went to...I did not play well!

Gangs...yeppers...those too...IPS....know them well....nobody makes it on their own!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Here is a video link with some other interesting information from Kob TV in Albuquerque, NM . The guy still looks in terrible condition. I think the reason this story was so under the rug is that the District attorney for Donna Anna country at the time , is now the Governor of NM .Thus the main reason this never hit the MSM until now.

Slevin wrote more than a dozen letters, all with the same message. " He hand writes these letters, please help me. The medication is not working," Coyte said.

All of the letters are written to a Dr. Don, but as Coyte points out, Dr. Don is not a doctor at all, but a nurse practitioner for the jail. Coyte said Dr. Don was the one prescribing Slevin's medication even though he only has a bachelor's degree in psychology.

KOB TV Albuquerque

edit on 26-1-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetKarma

Hate to say it, but it looks like this is the new model for jailtime. This should be a warning to us all especially with that NDA act.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join