It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Skulls? Can anyone source this picture? Never seen it....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Theres lots of pages on google about those skulls

heres a few:
artalien.net...#/mars-anomalies/4549904148

www.astralnewz.com...

unclegadget.com...

www.2012honduras.com...

Right....through searching the photo on tineye.com I found those as well, but still nothing that shows anything about where it came from. That's my goal. All of those sites reference this as a Mars rover pic, with one stating it was leaked, as any good gov't cover-up conspiracy theorist would say....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Found this "skulls" photograph on this website:

www.dominiosfantasticos.xpg.com.br...

I believe it was in Spanish, so I used Google translate

Pictured above, two strange skulls, by the way, quite different from human standards. Nothing fancy about it, since we've seen dozens of others in these our pages - except where these would have been photographed: the soil .... PLANET MARS! According to the information U.S. Weekly World News, this amazing image was taken by the Mars Rover exploration module, and of

This site claims that the photo came from U.S. Weekly World News.

Trying to run that down now..

LOL. And this is the headlines for Weekly World News Today:

RAILWAY STATION FOUND ON MARS!

And they actually have a picture of some railroad tracks. My guess is the skulls are as fake as the railroad tracks.
weeklyworldnews.com...
edit on 1/25/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Found this "skulls" photograph on this website:

www.dominiosfantasticos.xpg.com.br...

I believe it was in Spanish, so I used Google translate

Pictured above, two strange skulls, by the way, quite different from human standards. Nothing fancy about it, since we've seen dozens of others in these our pages - except where these would have been photographed: the soil .... PLANET MARS! According to the information U.S. Weekly World News, this amazing image was taken by the Mars Rover exploration module, and of

Trying to run that down now..

Well if it came from U.S. Weekly World News then it has to be fake...they are the ones that reported bat boy. Thanks for the translation!
edit on 1/25/12 by Vasa Croe because:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Well, that settles it then. To the Hoax bin! (Which is no surprise, the first glance at the photo was all it took).

For those unfamiliar with the rag known as the "Weekly World News", the < < < link is there.

....renowned for its outlandish cover stories often based on supernatural or paranormal themes and an approach to news that verged on the satirical.

Oh, and that site in your post was in Portuguese.....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

well maybe you should try googling for them yourself..theres plenty out there.

Or just accept the fact that there is no real info because they are fake...

edit on 25-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The picture you have there does not look like the Mars skull pictures I have seen. That is not to say they are not Mars pics though.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

well maybe you should try googling for them yourself..theres plenty out there.

Or just accept the fact that there is no real info because they are fake...

edit on 25-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Yes thank you for your insight....I never even thought of Google.....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
interesting stuff quality is really good, doesnt look like misc shadows making it appear to be a skull,

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

That is my favorite picture of Mars!

Here it is directly from NASA.
Spirit Rover 513

That picture has kept me up many nights reading and looking at pictures of that area. I have also been learning about photo imaging and how to figure out the shapes and symmetry, all because of this picture!

The picture in the OP I have seen but couldn't find out where it came from on Mars. I will read the rest of the thread incase someone gives up that info

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Sticking my neck out, it is more the rock in the background that looks familiar from Mars pictures, itself seen as being anomalous by being highlighted in the same manner as the known 'Skull' in videos, or perhaps the same video.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
To answer the OP's question, there is no source of the image, it is cropped the same on all disinformation sites. Its obviously an ill mind getting dumber.

What a terrible thing to waste.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Alright....answer me this....

Has this exact image been posted here before? Or is this a new WWN "discovery"?

It seems most here believe it is a hoax....just trying to be sure of it as we decide what to do with this thread

Thanks....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Has this exact image been posted here before? Or is this a new WWN "discovery"?

FWIW, take it or leave it....I have never seen that exact image before, referenced to any verifiable photo from Mars, and taken from the surface, from either Viking or the two Rovers.

Adding....since the photo presented in the OP is in greyscale, and not color.....the implication seems clear, to my mind.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If that was a real nasa pic then that would most likely the smoking gun no pareidolia about it that is a skull.

Hoax!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

OK, first off.. if it were true and them being on the surface.. they would have alot more weathering.. secondly mars has constant dust storms, after that many years they'de be buried.. seriously guys? Come on exercise sum damn competence

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jwgarnett

The only way to really find evidence.. hard evidence.. is to go there and excavate.. I do believe it is possible for life to have existed.. I'm almost convinced of the exodus.. but honestly.. that is no way your smoking gun lol

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Can I post a color graded picture of my flowerbed? I can guarantee you will find all sorts of things that indicate past civilization. The only way you can prove me wrong is to come over and excavate.

In the absence of the ability for us to easily and immediate investigate this crap in person, common sense reason and logic must prevail. The inability to use that has led to idiotic things like this thread being seriously discussed.

But hey, I mean, I walk around this Earth and find ancient skulls sitting on the surface all the time, lol. Archaeologists are wasting their time digging for crap, it is on the surface, lol. Cue the guy coming in here and saying that some dino bones are found sticking out of a hillside.........I could go on as to why that is not important to this thread, but anyone not keen enough to immediately understand why I say that would not understand my explanation anyway.

I could go on with REAL WORLD reasons why this picture and anything like it is more than likely just shadows and coincidence, but that would require those in this thread to display common sense, reason and logic about the world they currently live in, and that is wasted around here.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jwgarnett

To further my opinion, they would.d be filled with dirt.. its hollow.. u have to apply the same archeological principals we have found on our own planet. With a planet with a hostile weathering system that has since shown proof of severe geological "sculpting".. and u honestly believe these remained untouched and are as recognisable as a volkswagon on the surface? :-) u maka me smile

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I love u line lol... my sentiments exactly

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Lets not forget that many in this very thread also post favorable about Hoagland. Isn't he the moron that found C3PO on the moon, lol. I can find C3PO, R2D2 and even scooby doo on the moon if I want too.

How many of you would agree with me if I pointed our Scooby Doo in the SAME PICTURE as these "skulls"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join