It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

(Hollow Earth) ''Berserk'' on their way to antarctica without permission

page: 1
45
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here is a thread explaining what happened:

Berserk Story

The remaining crew is now on their way back to supposedly hold a flower ceremony for their lost comrades and that without permission. The reason why I am posting it is because I read a ton of stuff about the ''Hollow earth theory'' recently.


Hollow Earth Thread

So, apparently it is extremely difficult to get permission to do these kinds of trips on your own, no matter how experienced you are or how well equipped you may be. And especially when you have gone done it before and came back with three crew members less. There was a huge media-storm about this in Norway when this happened. May the reason in fact be that there is an actual entrance to a hollow earth society or whatever? They want to go back? Did they find something? To go on a quest to find a secret entrance to a hollow earth is something you do not say to anyone while trying to do so...

I would rather believe in a hollow earth society than believe that the Earth is flat... Flat Earth Society


Would you risk your life and go back to hold a flower ceremony for your fallen friends? Is it really that symbolic for them to do this or is there something more to it?

Link to source (needs google translate, Norwegian news site)

Link to source 2
edit on 25-1-2012 by creatureme because: editpiaf




posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
When I was kid I remember my grandfather saying the further inland you go there is less snow and ice it gives way to plains of rock and sand. Sometime in the 40's after he got back from the pacific he changed commands and got sent on some trip there when he was in the navy. Now as I'm older I read about it and whaddya know pops was telling us the truth



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If they are going back for a flower cerimony or not isn't as important to me as the truth - there is something going on there.

Around the location of the "enterance" of the hollow earth is a no-fly & no-photo zone. Why? Even in many pictures this section of the world has been blacked out. Why?

The governments of the world must truly think we as a people are stupid if they do these things, and expect us to not question their story.....

In time I beleive all will be reveiled to the world - untill then we will continue to be in the dark.

I wouldn't be supprised if these people vanished & were never heard from again.



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The main issue being reported in the media here is that they are ill-equipped and incapable of mounting a successful mission to antarctica , as they demonstrated last time they went by coming back with 2/5 crew.

The cost involved to support these people falls largely on the NZ government, as they used NZ as their home base and are currently travelling from NZ to Antartica. Last time NZ sent out all personell they had in the area to do a search and rescue, which cost NZ a crap ton of money . They followed no safety protocols and the timing of their trip to antarctica was very unusual.

This has been all over the news here for the last few days - It wouldn't suprise me if a navy vessel intercepted them on their way, and "asked" them to change their plans.

As for your theory, I do believe there is something down there that the general public isn't told about. We have multiple bases there involving numerous countries, including Russia, China, USA, New Zealand, Australia.

Something tells me , we're not being told the whole truth about that place. I'm not saying it's an entrance to "hollow earth" , but I'm pretty positive there's something else there which has not been disclosed.


edit on 25/1/2012 by Dachende because: (no reason given)


+17 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Am I missing something?

Since when does someone require "government permission" to travel to the antarctic? (or anywhere really)

It states he used his own vessel so.... ?

Yes, it's obviously a dangerous place to travel too etc, but requiring permission? Tell them to go pound sand. Or snow in this case.



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Maybe they are headed in to see if all these "earth sounds" are coming from an inner-planetary war. Wow, cant believe that I haven't read that theory somewhere already.. I must get outside more ><

In regards to the OP I would think it plausible for any government to stop a vessel if it is known to be headed into danger. Or in this case may endanger the lives of themselves as well as the lives of any rescuer.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Cassey222 because: added content relevant to OP topic



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Since when does someone require "government permission" to travel to the antarctic? (or anywhere really)


The problem is that Antarctica is a very remote region and if you need assistance it can be problematic - and very expensive. Therefore, those govts that have bases in Antarctica are not keen on civilians turning up willy nilly and needing rescuing ...... it's not exactly why they are there.

It's not like you can run aground,or get lost on the ice sheet, and call out the coastguard or mountain rescue to come to your aid - as most folk seem to expect their right these days
It can be a very major, expensive operation - and even then take days to reach you. And remember, it's you, the tax payer, who bears the cost.


edit on 25-1-2012 by Essan because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dachende
The cost involved to support these people falls largely on the NZ government, as they used NZ as their home base and are currently travelling from NZ to Antartica. Last time NZ sent out all personell they had in the area to do a search and rescue, which cost NZ a crap ton of money . They followed no safety protocols and the timing of their trip to antarctica was very unusual.


Well there you go.

Why should you as a New Zealander bear the cost of their incompentence?



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by creatureme
 


Hi,

WOW! Thank you OP for bringing this fascinating story to our attention. S&f.


Brave guys.

RIP to the lost crew.
Lets hope their deaths were not in vain - that they find the "Hollow Earth" entrance and come home as heroes!



edit on 25-1-2012 by neotech1neothink because:




posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Amazing Stuff, i can see what people are saying about remote and alot of hassle cost etc if people did need rescuing and the like.

I do believe also that nowdays we are certainly not being told about a few things that are fact regarding places and things on earth and in space by governments etc etc.

The truth will come out about alot of it im sure, i just hope i am still around to see it!

Great post thanks.



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
When I was kid I remember my grandfather saying the further inland you go there is less snow and ice it gives way to plains of rock and sand. Sometime in the 40's after he got back from the pacific he changed commands and got sent on some trip there when he was in the navy. Now as I'm older I read about it and whaddya know pops was telling us the truth


Well, there are the Dry Valleys, but the further you go inland there are kilometres (thickness) of ice.

Ant 1

Ant2

Ant3

Whaddaya know, Pops wasn't telling the truth!

I know people who have worked at the South Pole, at McMurdo and at Scott Base and Mawson. I know the head ofGateway Antarctica at Canterbury University as well as the executive secretary of COMNAP. They will also disagree with your Pops.

Also, related to the OP: Rogue Antarctic Trip

One of the many reasons people need permits to visit Antarctica is due to Biosecurity.



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki
 


IN the article you posted about the second trip, it says that the sea shepherds helped out and were the ones that found the life raft. Thats cool that they helped out!

i don't know about their captain (trying too hard for the camera) but the rest of em seem like they're being honest.
edit on 25-1-2012 by InfoRobinHood because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Amazing that we WANT to spend MILLIONS trying to stop/help FOOLS, but let people suffer poverty all over the world, including here in New Zealand!

Let people make their own choices and if things go bad, then tough luck. Just don't make it OUR problem.



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
Amazing that we WANT to spend MILLIONS trying to stop/help FOOLS, but let people suffer poverty all over the world, including here in New Zealand!


No, we want to avoid spending millions rescing fools, so that we can instead use to the money to help people in poverty all over the word, incuding in NZ.

There is finite money. If some of it is wasted on expensive rescues of incompetent romantic adventurers, there's less for other purposes. Simple.



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
Amazing that we WANT to spend MILLIONS trying to stop/help FOOLS, but let people suffer poverty all over the world, including here in New Zealand!


No, we want to avoid spending millions rescing fools, so that we can instead use to the money to help people in poverty all over the word, incuding in NZ.

There is finite money. If some of it is wasted on expensive rescues of incompetent romantic adventurers, there's less for other purposes. Simple.


Agreed, my point is that instead of spending money on these fools, we should just STOP responding when they get in distress...SINK OR SWIM. Don't make it OUR problem.



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
When I was kid I remember my grandfather saying the further inland you go there is less snow and ice it gives way to plains of rock and sand. Sometime in the 40's after he got back from the pacific he changed commands and got sent on some trip there when he was in the navy. Now as I'm older I read about it and whaddya know pops was telling us the truth


It's a desert!
It doesn't have top be hot to be a desert, it just has to not have rain.
Pops was right.



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea
 


I never got into the climate of Antarctica, It's nto a place I'd ever visit so I never got interested in learning about her.

edit: He said it was so cold in some parts that things could freeze dry in the open air
edit on 25-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: erf



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by creatureme
 

There is nothing more to it i am pretty sure of.

And i say this as a Norwegian...
Either way i fully support them, since it is near impossible to get any permission from the bureaucrats in "last soviet state" of Norway due to overly weird regulations that no one is able to understand or follow.

I think these people just want some closure on what happened with berserk and the crew.



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dachende
The main issue being reported in the media here is that they are ill-equipped and incapable of mounting a successful mission to antarctica , as they demonstrated last time they went by coming back with 2/5 crew.

The cost involved to support these people falls largely on the NZ government, as they used NZ as their home base and are currently travelling from NZ to Antartica. Last time NZ sent out all personell they had in the area to do a search and rescue, which cost NZ a crap ton of money . They followed no safety protocols and the timing of their trip to antarctica was very unusual.

This has been all over the news here for the last few days - It wouldn't suprise me if a navy vessel intercepted them on their way, and "asked" them to change their plans.

As for your theory, I do believe there is something down there that the general public isn't told about. We have multiple bases there involving numerous countries, including Russia, China, USA, New Zealand, Australia.

Something tells me , we're not being told the whole truth about that place. I'm not saying it's an entrance to "hollow earth" , but I'm pretty positive there's something else there which has not been disclosed.


edit on 25/1/2012 by Dachende because: (no reason given)

Bull.. That is nothing but propaganda. Accidents happens in such rough waters even for the most capable crews. These guys have proven before that they are very capable in rough conditions. The reason they did not have proper permissions is because of bureaucratic rules that make absolutely no sense, which is the case with most bureaucracy here.

The ones to blame for NZ having to pay the costs is the Norwegian state.
If we had such rules in the past then Amundsen would have never reached the south pole.
But today we treat such adventures and risk takers as criminals, while in past they would be cherished and praised for their achievements.

edit on 25-1-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by creatureme
 


What kind of "flowers" do you take to antarctica?

Within the last few weeks there was a story of a woman scientists down there at the pole (McMerdo?) that had a medical condition and she was not able to be removed until two months later. I guess she just laid around in the sand and sun until help could reach her.


edit on 25-1-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
45
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join