It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No peace talks unless J'lem agrees to Palestine borders'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So says Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas today.
(What will He say Tommorrow?)

MAIN REASON:

PA president says "Israelis don't want established borders"; settlement expansion, especially in "occupied" Jerusalem, are the biggest damper on the peace process, Abbas says on eve of Amman talks.

JPost Article By JPOST.COM STAFF -- 01/25/2012 17:45

Abbas also said they will not restart direct peace negotiations with Israel unless Jerusalem recognizes the borders of a Palestinian state !!!

Wheeeew !!!

"If the borders are set it's possible to return to negotiations, but the Israelis do not want established borders" Abbas said following a meeting with Jordanian King Abdullah II.

The most outstanding issue preventing the resumption of high-level direct negotiations is the continued expansion of Israeli settlements, especially in "occupied" Jerusalem, Abbas said according to the report.

Other PA official made abrupter comments Wednesday, saying that Wednesday's meeting between Israeli and Palestinian negotiators in Amman would be the final meeting.

PLO Executive Committee member Hanna Amirah blamed Israel for the Palestinian decision not to continue talks, saying that the Netanyahu government "does not seek at this stage to achieve any progress in the peace process with the Palestinian Authority," according to the report.

Israeli officials took a more positive tone, saying Tuesday they were confident the Palestinians would continue the talks being held in Jordan beyond the January 26 Quartet deadline, which Israel contests.

Well Now What ?

Who's Fault is it Anyway ?

edit on Jan-25-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It works both ways, doesn't it?

Netanyahu: Palestinian Authority doesn't want peace

Twice over the past week Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has charged that the Palestinian Authority is the main obstacle to peace, first because of its refusal to negotiation without preconditions and second due to its ongoing refusal to recognize Israel's right to exist.

www.israeltoday.co.il...

This is why there will never be peace.

Just as Israel will never allow Jerusalem to be divided, it's against the Muslim religion to recognize Israel as a state.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Twice over the past week Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has charged that the Palestinian Authority is the main obstacle to peace, first because of its refusal to negotiation without preconditions and second due to its ongoing refusal to recognize Israel's right to exist.

www.israeltoday.co.il...

Just as Israel will never allow Jerusalem to be divided, it's against the Muslim religion to recognize Israel as a state.

The key point is that it is not just the Palestinians that do not recognise Israel`s territorial claim to lands annexed in East Jerusalem, West Bank settlements and the Golan Heights after the 1967 War. The settlements in these territories are regarded as illegal by The International Court of Justice and the international community.

There is overwhelming international consensus that these settlements are a violation of the fourth Geneva Convention.

It is an obvious place to start.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Considering where it is all heading last months, the negotiations of the borders between Palestine and Israel are pretty pointless at this time. Not until the escalation with Iran is over. I say, in a few months Zionists can keep Great Israeli Glass Desert (or lake) and Palestinians will have to take a part of Great Iran Desert (or Lake). Or visa versa. Oil prices will rocket 100 fold and all the banks+ oil industry and military corporations will be happy. Also, the Middle East Conflict will be resolved - not many craizies will be willing to fight over nuclear desert.
edit on 25-1-2012 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

Also possible the surviving Zionists will declare New York State to be their new Sacred Land. Locals will have to be expelled, of course, unless they are Jews, But only American anti-semites would object.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
May the Israeli be wise, and remember the good will of 1948, and not allow the israeli extremists set the agenda.

The land MUST be shared. Palestinian too are a people, with a desire for their own homeland.

Ultimately, in the end, it will not be birthrates or religion that decides the survival of a nation, but plain 'civilisation' and economics. When one side treats their own people with decency, dignity and democracy with emphasis on economic sharing of wealth and opportunities, that is the side that humans will gravitate to, and make it a stronger and better, and even a united nation.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why is Israel and the Gazans even talking? If war between Israel and Iran is SO imminent as folks on here say, the the whole peace process would be moot anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Two state solution already exists.

Gaza = state
West Bank = State

There's your two state solution!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Palestine gets made out to be the bad guy for standing their ground. Netanyahu is allowed to claim that he wants peace while he continues to build settlements, but the Palestinians get told that trying to upgrade their status on the world stage via diplomatic channels is counterproductive.

All I know is I'm not going to fall for Israel's smoke and mirrors, and I support the Palestinians for standing their ground while remaining peaceful. There will never be peace as long as the Israeli government maintains this current mentality of theirs.

Peace would be bad for Israel anyways, if they got along with all their neighbors the U.S. wouldn't have an excuse to send them all that money.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I applaud the Palestinians. I applaud them because they have the balls to stand up to the bully that israel is. They are one of very few who actually stand up to israel and say what they think, not what they are told to say.

There will never be any peace, not because the Palestinians refuse to give up their land and rights, but because israel's zionist regime refuses to listen to the international community and international court which ruled their expansions illegal.

I can't wait for someone to finally enforce the international court ruling and crush israel with "pre-emptive strikes for terrorist activity" like Irak was...

Someone needs to teach israel a lesson, and I hope it comes soon... This will bring much needed peace in the world and will fix many of the problems the world has today...

Keep up the good work Abbas and don't give in to the evil zionist regime...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The PLO already has recognized Israels right to exist. This is just stalling. Historically the Likud has never been the party which wanted to negotiate with the Palestinians. They always took superficial steps to calm the international community, but they never conceded much. In fact they were often forced into discussion with the Palestinians by the US. The Madrid Conference only had Israeli participation because Bush Snr froze and massive loan to Israel needed to settle the scores of new Jewish immigrants comming from the collapsed USSR.

What is my point? Because of the historical context I can safely assume that the current Likud government is not committed to peace. Instead it is continuing to stall negotiations by demanding no preconditions, when settlements are the equivalent to terrorism for the Palestinians. The settlements are firstly illegal and they affect the Palestinians daily life. It would be stupid to enter negotiations while Israel continues to expand settlements and it would be stupid to have to negotiate where Israel can expand settlements, where Israel will stop expandind settlements and so forth. If they were to enter such broad negotiations they could kiss their dream of a state good bye.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Who's Fault is it Anyway ?

It's Israel's fault.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Was Menachem Begin involved with the Likud party ?

Why do they hate the Muslims like they do.

There must be money involved somewhere.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Yes Begin's government was the Likud government from 1977 to 1983. His cabinet was the cabinet which was beating the drums of war looking for a pretext to invade Lebanon and destroy the PLO which had created a virtual state within a state in Southern Lebanon. It was his government that invaded Lebanon in order to increase their grip over the West Bank and other occupied territories which the Palestinians lay claim too.

I am sure there is money involved as there is within the political system of every other country. Of course we will never know, but no doubt just as many members of congress are bought so are many members of the Knesset. In fact Begin' administration came under scrutiny for corruption issues.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Read: "There will be no peace because the Palestinians won't have talks without preconditions-----and won't agree to our older preconditions. We had preconditions first, no cuts!"

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

www.israeltoday.co.il...

Meh. Damn Islam, rebuild the Temple i say. Everyone else has a right to a place of worship in Israel except the jews who belong there...thats the worst kind of hypocrisy. Instead they get stuck with the wailing wall which is just the wall of the outter courtyard. Makes me glad i'm a christian, i don't need a building to worship in. I can lift my hands up and outside if i want to.

If Netanyahu wants to show he has cojones, he needs to quit letting those people push him around. There won't be any peace in the middle east ever. Nothing except this false peace. In this world the only peace you can have is at the tip of a sword that ends in a grave. Hamas was created to destroy Israel, from the inside if need be. Bah! I'm just going to stop because this is going to start a chicken or the egg thread over who owned the land first back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth and i tire of those circular arguements.

new topics

top topics

join