It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling sound in Colorado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's a bit after 9 a.m. here, near Denver, and I've been standing on my porch listening to a rumbling sound that is steady and hasn't changed in almost 20 minutes. It sounds like a jet passing overhead so to see if it is a jet, I went to planefinder.net... and only 3 planes were anywhere near Denver and still, they were very far away. I too am very far from DIA (about 30 miles) and have never heard this. Every now and then it sounds like a sudden increase in the sound, but it's very short-lived. There are no railroad tracks near my home.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have heard the exact same sound. I live in Western Massachusetts. When I heard it I posted to my Facebook account to see if anyone else was hearing. I too thought it was a jet. But the sound was to long in duration.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Yeah I just posted a vid on somethinh I heard at 8 something this morning in boise id. Same sound? Did you have a clear sky?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
It's a bit after 9 a.m. here, near Denver, and I've been standing on my porch listening to a rumbling sound that is steady and hasn't changed in almost 20 minutes. It sounds like a jet passing overhead so to see if it is a jet, I went to planefinder.net... and only 3 planes were anywhere near Denver and still, they were very far away. I too am very far from DIA (about 30 miles) and have never heard this. Every now and then it sounds like a sudden increase in the sound, but it's very short-lived. There are no railroad tracks near my home.

I am in Colorado.

There is [probably] an excercise at the moment, at Buckley AFB.
You are probably hearing engine runs.....I used to live ON that base and know people still there.
There has been increased air activity as of late due to the exercises.....not just jets but choppers.
You will not find the jets/choppers on that website.

so yeah, you perfectly described engine runs

edit on January 25th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I am in Colorado.

You are probably hearing engine runs.....I used to live ON that base and know people still there.
There has been increased air activity as of late due to the exercises.....not just jets but choppers.

I suppose that's possible, but I called Buckley and the public affairs officer said most of the activity is helicopters today. There have been lots of heavier aircraft too due to the president's visit, however, she said it was not continuous and is still going on. However, I no longer hear it even though air traffic there is heavy. The sound I heard was continuous, non-stop for well over one hour. I'm 30 miles west of Buckley but have never heard this, even with presidential visits. I'm still left with ???

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I am in Colorado.

I suppose that's possible, but I called Buckley and the public affairs officer said most of the activity is helicopters today. There have been lots of heavier aircraft too due to the president's visit, however, she said it was not continuous and is still going on. However, I no longer hear it even though air traffic there is heavy. The sound I heard was continuous, non-stop for well over one hour. I'm 30 miles west of Buckley but have never heard this, even with presidential visits. I'm still left with ???

oh they dont always tell you whats going on....trust me on that
and engine runs do not mean they are flying....so the operator you spoke to wouldnt have that kind of info for you. trust me.

presidential visits, there would be no air traffic. ive been stuck on base thanks to Obama[/url]
oh, he will be at Buckly tomorrow....

so, i dont know...im still thinking engine runs...but i didnt hear it sooo...thanks for sharing

top topics

join