It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't you take pride in what you post?!?!?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Even though I shave my head....I think this is one of those times I am going to be busy....I gotta wash my hair.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

I personally love the difference and variety that this site offers, and believe that there is a place for everyone.

And yet you would deny Mblah the right to post what she is interested in. A bit hypocritical wouldn't you say? Frankly there are a number of folks posting to this thread that have proven her point conclusively. Arguing for the sake of arguing is childish. This is the kind of posting that she is ranting about. Everyone does this on occasion, but some people make a living at it.
edit on 1/27/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Even though I shave my head....I think this is one of those times I am going to be busy....I gotta wash my hair.

hmmm.. is this an example of the useless one liner post the op is speaking of?

Just curious, because it certainly fits all the credentials discussed.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

I personally love the difference and variety that this site offers, and believe that there is a place for everyone.

And yet you would deny Mblah the right to post what she is interested in. A bit hypocritical wouldn't you say? Frankly there are a number of folks posting to this thread that have proven her point conclusively. Arguing for the sake of arguing is childish. This is the kind of posting that she is ranting about. Everyone does this on occasion, but some people make a living at it

Who is arguing for the sake of arguing, the majority now posting just seem to be doing so to show support for a friend, which is all very nice, but I am arguing too for the standards that I respect, and hypocrisy is not one of them.

Further please show me where I am denying the OPs right to post, as I said, this is a place for everyone, and from my perspective the OP seems to have found her place on here very comfortably and I take no issue with that whatsoever, all I take issue with is the complaints against the on-topic board which the OP seldom contributes to with any substance. When the OP can contribute to the discussions on ATS with constructive information then the OP will be in a position to criticise, but I would much rather they simply produced good material that set the right example. It is very easy to tell others what they should do, than to actually do it, or is that the attitude that should be encouraged on ATS do you think? Otherwise, BTS, and chat I presume, offer the outlet that allows those who cannot engage in on-topic discussions and outlet, or for those who do take part in the more heated discussions to enjoy a little light relief...which is what I am doing here now.

edit on 28-1-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Of course it is okay to blow off steam...once in a while...but if all you have is steam one shouldn't be surprised if other point it out to them.

It seems unfair that others should be criticised when they contribute far more to the discussion than details of their private lives. Many of the OPs posts actually contribute little or nothing to the discussion and then the OP responds with spiteful remarks and flounces off when the discussion doesn't go their way. I have no objection to the OPs posts per se, and I am sure many enjoy the posts they produce on BTS, but clearly the OP is not able to contribute to ATS and see this as the fault of others, rather than a reflection of the poor quality of their own posts. People in glass houses should be very careful when throwing stones. If she can't stand the heat, I suggest she stays in the kitchen.

New people join this site all the time, and for some it is trial and error, and they should be given the opportunity to find their groove and grow, and not be intimidated by those who simply feel that ATS is their personal platform and who, no matter how many years they have been here, fail to grow at all.

I think that this quote pretty well sums up your opinion of the OP. Since you suggest that she stay in of the kitchen. You're clearly denying her the right to post the way she feels she wants to post. Your opinion on her posts is just that, your opinion, and some people should keep their opinions to theirselves. Don't you think that you should be giving the OP the chance to"find their groove and grow". Looks to me that you are the one who is using the forum as their own personal platform.

The OP simply stated that some people don't take the proper time to post and often state opinions which have no support. In stating this she is correct as many who posted here have also said. Using your opinion with no support other that "You said so" because you read a few of her posts, is using your opinion to support your opinion. This is exactly what she is ranting about and she should thank you for proving her correct.

Yes indeed new people join this site all the time And sometimes banned members sneak back in with a new IP address and name.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I think that this quote pretty well sums up your opinion of the OP. Since you suggest that she stay in of the kitchen. You're clearly denying her the right to post the way she feels she wants to post. Your opinion on her posts is just that, your opinion, and some people should keep their opinions to theirselves.

Isn't that what the Op is trying to do? denying the right to others to post as they do. Why is she allowed the right to express her opinion, but others have to keep theirs to themselves..

Seems like more of the do as I say mentality, and not as I do.

. Don't you think that you should be giving the OP the chance to"find their groove and grow". Looks to me that you are the one who is using the forum as their own personal platform.

The op has been here for 3 years.., all Bilverdin did was give his opinion on her rant. We are all entitled to our opinions..and if the op is allowed her opinion.. the rest of us are as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

You are correct everyone is entitled to their opinion. That doesn't mean that they are right.
The op has just as much right to post her opinion as you do.

In my opinion she is right and you are wrong. We can argue opinion all day that still won't make you right in my eyes.

See how this nonsense works.

By the way , no that is not what the Op is trying to say. If you truely believe that, then you need to go back to the begining of the thread and use a little reading comprehension to find out the reality of what she is saying. She is still right, and you have proven her right with nearly every post you and Billiverdin have made here. You are also not alone in that. But that's another story. Clearly neither of you understood her rant and have demonstrated the truth of what she really said.
edit on 1/28/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

You are correct everyone is entitled to their opinion. That doesn't mean that they are right.
The op has just as much right to post her opinion as you do.

In my opinion she is right and you are wrong. We can argue opinion all day that still won't make you right in my eyes.

See how this nonsense works.

By the way , no that is not what the Op is trying to say. If you truely believe that, then you need to go back to the begining of the thread and use a little reading comprehension to find out the reality of what she is saying. She is still right, and you have proven her right with nearly every post you and Billiverdin have made here. You are also not alone in that. But that's another story. Clearly neither of you understood her rant and have demonstrated the truth of what she really said.
edit on 1/28/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

You have your opinion.. and others do to..and she has hers..... but it doesn't make my opinion any less right than hers or yours.

I guess what stuck with me was how she made the point..

Most of us fall short of being the great thread maker and poster, that she so desperately says is needed here...and whether she realizes it or not.. she delivers her own attitude in many posts that isn't always that endearing to some..but heh..thats ATS.. you take the ones you tolerate with the ones you appreciate, as well as the ones who you have a little of both emotions for...along with the ones you wish would get abducted by aliens .

We're human beings with good days and bad days.. and she has them just like we do, and maybe a lot of these problems she sees are newbies, and they are trying to contribute something they feel is worthwhile, and don't realize its been posted, in their rush to try and post something.

I think a mod who has a more mature manner of speaking, and making the point with a little bit of class would have served the purpose a lot better.. but hey its a rant...and I guess were all allowed to rant on here...hopefully in all fairness that also means we can have an opinion on a rant.

You have your opinion on this rant and me.. I have my opinions... and my opinions are based on my observations, and what I respect.. so it matters to me more than yours does to me...and I am as entitled to it as you are to yours.

Who is right and who is wrong..is again just a matter of opinion.

edit on 28-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I took pride in my thread earlier and no one read it but 2 people..

was that my fault? I don't think so...

sometimes other threads get all the attention..

doesn't mean i didn't make a good thread...

just means people are pulled to what might be popular at the moment..

all we can do is try our best...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

where is it..can you give me a link..? ah never mind..I'll look it up on your profile..

I miss a lot of threads.. sorry..
.. but then again if it is something I'm generally not interested or feel I will not understand and will be way over my head (like some science threads) ..I generally skip over them.

edit on 28-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

lol..

it's in my sig also...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

lol..

it's in my sig also...

Sorry..I don't always look at the sigs..but I must say that was an interesting thread with some good info .

Sort of proves my point about how many quality threads get little attention here.. but they are here.. and how few flags they get ..compared to others that I feel are not as deserving of so much praise.

Again ..opinion.. and popularity.. *sighs*.. oh well..on with the show..

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I read what you wrote here and decided to check out your thread. I don't know how I missed it because I love things like what your thread was about, but I never saw it.

I think that your thread was an important thread. It's a part of our history and wicked cool besides.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I agree mblah, one thing is for sure, the pedigree of members and posters on the board has changed. Its been like this for a few years. Allot of the academic members have been run off, from those who refuse the truth.

Ats looks more and more like the monkey bars.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join