It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't you take pride in what you post?!?!?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by vogon42

I edited the mistake I made and apologized.

I would strongly suggest you worry about the hate coming from yourself first...as well as trolling, not to mention .. seriously off topic.

I do not hate anyone vogon, contrary to what you may think...I have told wildtimes numerous times that i care deeply for her, and she will always be in my prayers.

Apology accepted. Can you PLEASE leave me OUT of this??
I've never even interacted with mblah before!! (Well, now I have.)
In fact, how about deleting your posts that refer to mine, which has already been removed by ME? That would help.
Or, you can choose to leave it there, whatever. Not my rant.

edit on 26-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

I honestly didn't mean to type your name.. it must have happened out of habit.. and I will happily leave you out of it..if you can show me where else I have referred to you except for that one time I accidentally typed your name then edited it...and then mentioned it in reply to vogons post.

I only mentioned you after because vogon attempted to try and accuse me of hatred towards you , because I accidentally used your name.. That is why it is mentioned..not in reference to the thread.. but in reference to accusations that to me were off topic, but apparently the mods don't feel it is..so.. it is an explanation to an accusation by vogon.

So lets keep this thread on topic.. and quit derailing it with silly explanations to accusations..

thank you.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So how do you feel about acronyms used in posts. I understand the common ones, but some of these see a bit far.

Is there/ should there be a limit?

I found a rather extensive list in this thread. (although many are specifically military/survivalist)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Ultimate Unofficial guide to Form Abbreviations:
ACK/NACK == Acknowledged / Not Acknowledged - a communication system that ensures the recipient gets the message
AFAIK == As Far As I Know
BOB == Bug Out Bag (Bag or rucksack pre packed for an emergency escape)
BOV == Bug Out Vehicle (Vehicle chosen as a preferred bug out option)
BSEG == big s*** eaten' grin
BTW == By the way

MZB = = Mutant Zombie Bikers
TANSTAAFL == There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
TEOTWAWKI = = The end of the world as we know it.

Are these 3 really used?
edit on 26-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jan 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
LOL. Every thread on ATS degrades into a pissing match sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
LOL. Every thread on ATS degrades into a pissing match sooner or later.

And the prime example of why I end up deleting a lot of threads I've subscribed to. I read and follow. many threads. When they implode with ego wars...I don't follow them anymore.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Biliverdin

Well I'd post my thoughts on this but i don't want to derail my own thread. Let's just say she and I have had it out a few times and we also have had nice convos. I don't take what she says personally, it's just observation. Im no angel either. I can get a little pissy over somethings esp when I've counted to 10 too many times so to speak.

Fascinating...but I believe I requested that you demonstrate, from examples of your own posts, exactly what you think a quality post/thread should look like. Having glanced at one or two on your profile, I can only see a pot calling a kettle black.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Some of us are not good at making threads(myself included)....hence the title of this thread.
While I don't make great threads and others might not make great threads.....we still want quality,not some doofus with a youtube video and one line saying "thoughts"
Making threads like that are also against the t&c

Check these out and you will get a better idea of what a good thread should be like.

Also,since you called my friend out on her threads,I will do the same to you....where are your amazing threads??

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Some of us are not good at making threads(myself included)....hence the title of this thread.
While I don't make great threads and others might not make great threads.....we still want quality,not some doofus with a youtube video and one line saying "thoughts"
Making threads like that are also against the t&c

I don't see how that is relevent to any of the points that I made, I wasn't criticising the general quality of the threads, I don't have any issue and am able to practice my own editorialism by choosing not to read some posts. I quite enjoy the threads where people just throw something out there for discussion, as I am sure some others do also. If something is against the T&C and offends you, notify the mods, that is, afterall, what they are there for.

Check these out and you will get a better idea of what a good thread should be like.

I am well aware of what a good thread looks like, and I also know that sometimes, the best threads are not necessarily the ones that make for the best discussion. And, the odd one liner or ludicrious remark breaks the tension and supplies a well needed laugh.

Also,since you called my friend out on her threads,I will do the same to you....where are your amazing threads??

Oh bless! I didn't 'call your friend out' dear, nor did I claim to have written any amazing threads, your friend on the otherhand did...so as admirable as your little show of chivalry is, it is a bit silly. How about you show me some of your friend's excellent material save her the trouble?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

My point is to stick to the topic and not the poster.
Don't make this about her and her threads,make your post about the topic at hand which is...."Don't you take pride in what you post"

Nice dig you got in on me.....I think you helped me make the point I was trying to make about sticking to the topic and leaving attacks on the people who post out of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Don't make this about her and her threads,make your post about the topic at hand which is...."Don't you take pride in what you post"

Nice dig you got in on me.....I think you helped me make the point I was trying to make about sticking to the topic and leaving attacks on the people who post out of it.

Hmmm...let's see, the OP claims that she nolonger makes threads and posts on ATS due to it's pointlessness, and criticised the quality of other people's posts. When asked to demonstrate, by her standard, what a quality post is, you ask me to show me my threads...when I never made any such claim or criticism...you are further the one who identified the OP as 'your friend' and requested that I stop picking on her...???

What was the point that I helped you make? Because I really do not see what you are talking about...why not just show us an example from the OPs threads to back up your point, is that so hard?

Read the OP again, and every single post subsequently, how am I making this thread anymore about her, than it already is?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I am done with you...you seem to have missed the point of this thread.
She doesn't like making threads anymore because of people like you attacking for the sake of attacking.
The point...is trolls arguing about every little thing and people who waste bandwidth with garbage instead of taking the high road and not posting.
Good luck on ats.
Cheers.

Again...thanks for making my point and her point in this thread.

Also,this is the rant section...a place to blow off steam.

edit on 26-1-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I am done with you...you seem to have missed the point of this thread.
She doesn't like making threads anymore because of people like you attacking for the sake of attacking.
The point...is trolls arguing about every little thing and people who waste bandwidth with garbage instead of taking the high road and not posting.

Are you even making a point? I can read the OP and noone is attacking anyone, I am simply asking for clarification as to what makes one post more worthwhile than another. I appreciate it is a rant, but it is a rant in a public forum which is open to responses. I am responding.

Discussion does at times become heated, especially given the topics, if you and the OP can't handle that, fair enough, but don't call people trolls simply because they fail to conform with your world view and agree with you. I am not attacking for the sake of attacking, I am requesting the OP show why her posts are more valid than those who you now claim are taking up bandwidth...why even take up bandwidth criticising when the mods could be alerted and see whether any infraction has been made?

Finished with me? When did you start?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

post removed by staff

Shame on who? Presumptuous much? Why not ask the mods to check whether Gabby and I are even in the same country? Because if I am Gabby, I believe I am committing a T&C violation.

And I have already pointed out that pride comes before a fall...or sin if you like...but to the OP since that was who was suggesting we should take pride...

edit on Thu Jan 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

............ I am Gabby, I believe I am committing a T&C violation.

What ever you say

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

What ever you say

And that is such a constructive post, are you one of the OPs friends too? So it is okay for you and your friends to attack others, but you are special, how so?

Have you asked the mods to check me out? If not, why not, given you are so confident that you have found me out? Perhaps its reverse psychology, are you the OP? You're hardly supporting your argument about quality posting if that is the case.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Hmmm...let's see, the OP claims that she nolonger makes threads and posts on ATS due to it's pointlessness, and criticised the quality of other people's posts. When asked to demonstrate, by her standard, what a quality post is, you ask me to show me my threads...when I never made any such claim or criticism...you are further the one who identified the OP as 'your friend' and requested that I stop picking on her...???

Exactly the point Biliverdin..exactly the point.

You are not the one complaining about the quality of threads.. it she who is..and yet she can complain in one breath and tell people to take pride in their work, then readily admits she doesn't bother with quality threads.. seems a little two sided to me..

and because you ask her to show and example of the 'quality' she gives out.. you are accused of picking on her?/ (sighs and shakes head)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Exactly the point Biliverdin..exactly the point.

You are not the one complaining about the quality of threads.. it she who is..and yet she can complain in one breath and tell people to take pride in their work, then readily admits she doesn't bother with quality threads.. seems a little two sided to me..

and because you ask her to show and example of the 'quality' she gives out.. you are accused of picking on her?/ (sighs and shakes head)

I don't get it either. It seems to be a case of 'Do as I say, not as I do'.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

If your point is stick to the topic and not the poster.. then the op failed in that as well.

Mblah has herself jumped all over an Op because she didn't care what they were saying in their Op..and she has been very NASTY and demanding about it.

Mblah seems to like to be the one reprimanding others, yet she is in actuality she does seem like a pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Read the OP again, and every single post subsequently, how am I making this thread anymore about her, than it already is?

Ha Ha Ha......Gabby account #2 ??

Spread your hatred as much as you want......We understand it is hatred, not pride.

Pride is a sin....shame on you

wow..vogon..just because you may have two accounts and star yourself doesn't mean everybody does..

Sorry..hate to break your bubble but I have one account..

Do you take pride in what you post vogon?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join