It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't you take pride in what you post?!?!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
want some cheese with your whine?

"we must be the change we want to see in the world"
thats what Gandhi said about the internet.
ATS content is made by its users, dont like it? then make it better.
edit on 25-1-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

edit...change the beginning since i have read your posts further down and see you meant it as a joke
LOL Sometimes it's hard to get a joke across via text when there is no tone or visual
It's cool!

But the rest I will keep

It's annoying to take time to post something and nobody read it but insult your work with no real research of their own to back up their own claims. It is annoying ot read constant arguments on threads over silly things. It's annoying to go through pages of bickering just to find information anymore and when you do find it or post it it gets overlooked because the 10 people below you want to be "cool" and make jokes or try and one up the previous poster in insults.

I post when I feel something is important and hasn't been done to death. There is no need to post over and over again like many do on here when there are tons of threads on a topic. IF I have something new to add I do, if not i don't. I mostly do research on my own on certain topics. When I feel I am able to take time to dedicate to reading and participating in a full thread I'll post some threads that aren't on here, but until then I will continue to learn more about those topics before I post them on here. I won't post something half done, like so many do on here and when you ask them for more information they get mad when if they took 5mins to look it up they'd have that information.
edit on 1/26/2012 by mblahnikluver because: edit comment to member after reading their other posts,

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Great rant Mblah, I totally agree with you here.

Me personally, I used to work on threads a lot, and I would derive great pleasure from putting my thoughts together. I have been working on a few threads recently, but every time I sit down to put my research together I just can't. I can't subject my deepest thoughts and research to the kind of ignorance that seems to prevail on here lately it's a real shame, but it's just how I feel about it.

Exactly why I haven't posted a couple threads I've worked on. One on Mars and one on Homosexuality, both topics that get more critics but lately it's just negative. I'll post them one day when I feel people can be civil and it won't get derailed by bickering.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I can't say I have a lot of respect for members who really don't have anything to start threads about except rants of bitching..and whining..

Like that is supposed to be some great thread?..and it gets how many stars?

You did SEE what forum you are in and I could give a crap about stars and flags. If you knew me instead of always insulting me you would know. I post my rants because it keeps me from doing it in a thread where people can't be civil! The rant forum is here for a reason and probably keeps many people from getting banned via nasty posts in threads.

Some people only know how to bitch, and attack others.. make rants, and expect some highly developed threads form other members.

How about you start a thread with some very good researched information Mblah..instead of rants and bitching... or threads on recipes..or shoes.

Um you are one of the people who constantly attacks my posts. What's the matter, not liked in school or in life that you need to attack other people online with nothing valid. There are two boards on here one is ATS and one is BTS, so if you have a problem with my posts on shoes, cooking or my rants GO to the other side! My rant is valid for BOTH sides of this board because you are coming into a rant trying to tell me how I shouldnt rant, in a forum FOR ranting.....

I post what I post because those are MY interests. I don't post threads on here anymore that are indepth because A. It's been done to death or B. It's not worth contributing. Im not just gonna make a thread for the sake of making a thread. If I want to share something I will and do. I won't post a thread that took me days to work on only to have people argue throughout it and get no real conversation out of it. That is not why I come here. If you can't get the point of my rant then that isn't my problem but don't insult me for no reason. Your post is one of the reasons WHY I made this rant. I didn't name names but if you want I will, you are one of my problems on here. Better be able to take it if you are gonna dish it out to me. I will not argue back and forth like you love to do in threads with me, you bait people. I won't be discussing this with you again if you can't be civil.

I use to post many threads but if you were to actually read my rant thread and not see it as negative then you would get the point i'm trying to make but since you always have the negative to say when I post it just seems to me you are a negative person.

Give us a little of what you so desperately say is lacking here. !!!! ...and please not a thread on what we hate to be touched..

edit on 25-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Again THIS Is why I made this rant! You haven't a clue how to talk civilly to a person on here. You obviously need to grow up and learn some manners online.

edit on 1/26/2012 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

It was exactly the kind of thread you were describing...hence why it was removed...

Haha ok lol Darn I missed it

That is what I thought!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Hey there! I know your posts. I read the Stargates Are Realthread A LOT. It's a favorite
I like your contributions on it and I have also read your first thread on here. I like those kinds of threads, lots of information to look into!

I have two threads I might post soon, they are on the shuttles, like my other shuttle threads. I've just been waiting for the pictures my friend took at the Atlantis rollout and at the launch.

Thanks for your reply and posts, I enjoy them!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Cute, but Gabby I believe, was simply giving her opinion, she is equally allowed to do that. She was in no way uncivil, she simply disagrees with you, as I am sure others do too. And her point remains valid, what quality content have you ever produced? Perhaps you could supply some examples in order to disprove her point? Until then, whether BTS or ATS, Gabby is fully abiding by the TandCs, and furthermore, upholding the mission statement to 'Deny Ignorance', in this case yours.

And pride, as I understand it, comes before a fall, so no, I avoid it.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by morkington

I've got a mini-hypothesis that the emoticons make it a lot worse. They are evil they all look mocking or arrogant! Check it out:

< mocking, laughing at you, not with you
< superior, I'm better than you
< I'm cool but not in a Fonzie way, in an F-you kind of a way
< goes without saying

Haha I love this! Too funny!

Thanks for the reply and the laughs.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
Unfortunately ATS has become a victim of its own success, all the good subjects have been done to death and no new members search for anything. Maybe having a page with a list of the top 100 threads of the last few years would help. I have posted similar to this before it's a mix of forum fatigue and dilution of quality members. A solution could be a premium version of ATS with a small subscription, that would in hindsight separate the wheat from the chaff

The moment ATS start charging they fail to be what they set out to be. And besides, it is, if you look at it historically, when you start charging that the chaff gets overlooked if they have sufficient funds to by-pass the hard yakker.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

Well I'd post my thoughts on this but i don't want to derail my own thread. Let's just say she and I have had it out a few times and we also have had nice convos. I don't take what she says personally, it's just observation. Im no angel either. I can get a little pissy over somethings esp when I've counted to 10 too many times so to speak.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by On the level
Maybe having a page with a list of the top 100 threads of the last few years would help.

A top 100 list would be good! They have them in each forum where you can search by flag or reply. I like the idea of one page of the top 100, bet I wouldn't get bored on that page lol.

I just always hit the "Top Topics+" button at the top of any ATS page, then choose "All-Time," and presto! The top flagged and/or replied-to topics of all time out of all the ATS forums. It's how I made my original list of "must read" threads.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You did SEE what forum you are in and I could give a crap about stars and flags. If you knew me instead of always insulting me you would know. I post my rants because it keeps me from doing it in a thread where people can't be civil! The rant forum is here for a reason and probably keeps many people from getting banned via nasty posts in threads.

I'm not just talking about the rants Mblah..though you seem to have quite a few of those..

Please show me what quality threads you have provided for us..Since I have been here..which is about 9 months now.. the only threads i have seen by you are either about how your old boyfriend sucks, or your new one is the real deal.. recipes, shoes, and again the rants.

Not too mention you get very pissy in your posts. You attacked a perfectly legit thread on views against abortion, because you felt offended by it. EVERYONE has a right to their opinion, and maybe some people think abortion is just plain wrong, and may just maybe, God thinks they are right...whether you choose to believe in him or not.

Um you are one of the people who constantly attacks my posts. What's the matter, not liked in school or in life that you need to attack other people online with nothing valid. There are two boards on here one is ATS and one is BTS, so if you have a problem with my posts on shoes, cooking or my rants GO to the other side! My rant is valid for BOTH sides of this board because you are coming into a rant trying to tell me how I shouldnt rant, in a forum FOR ranting....

Constantly now hunh? really .. give me proof?..did I not congratulate you on your new relationship.. plus I can think of others where I never attacked you..as a matter of fact it was me who held out the olive branch after our first disagreement...which was because you put down all women ...BUT.. you were not like most women.. you were so much better, and so were the few friends you hung with. I called you out on that, because it was plain wrong to say about the sisterhood of women. I don't have a problem with your rants Mblah, what I have a problem with is you finding fault with the contributions of members here, and ranting about it, when you are NO BETTER !!!! The quality of your threads is laughable on a conspiracy forum. Really..you need to get over yourself.

I post what I post because those are MY interests. I don't post threads on here anymore that are indepth because A. It's been done to death or B. It's not worth contributing. Im not just gonna make a thread for the sake of making a thread. If I want to share something I will and do. I won't post a thread that took me days to work on only to have people argue throughout it and get no real conversation out of it. That is not why I come here. If you can't get the point of my rant then that isn't my problem but don't insult me for no reason. Your post is one of the reasons WHY I made this rant. I didn't name names but if you want I will, you are one of my problems on here. Better be able to take it if you are gonna dish it out to me. I will not argue back and forth like you love to do in threads with me, you bait people. I won't be discussing this with you again if you can't be civil.

I do not bait people ..I tell it like I see it..

You say you post on your interests , because they are your interests, yet you don't post what I think are quality threads at all.

Then now you have the audacity to say you don't post quality threads because you can't stand them being trolled.. but you actually have the nerve to make a rant thread about people taking more pride in what they post and how there are no quality posts anymore...when you just finished admitting why you don't do it..

Well sorry Mblah..had to call you out on your little hypocritical rant.. go ahead and make up more BS about me.. I don't care.. but I know in my heart and mind there are quite a few who agree with me.

Heres the bottom line Mblah.. instead of complaining about the lack of quality of good threads.. why don't you contribute some. This has been the answer given by mods to many who have complained and ranted about the very thing you are ranting about.

Again THIS Is why I made this rant! You haven't a clue how to talk civilly to a person on here. You obviously need to grow up and learn some manners online.

Coming from you thats rather hilarious....Just take a second look at your op here..for one example..and tell me you know how to be civil online..

The saddest part of it all to me is someone who has admitted she doesn't make quality threads and for what reason has managed to get 45 stars so far, for this hypocritical BS rant.

Now that is what really shows the quality of this site.. and what level of intelligence is on here. This site is nothing more than a high school popularity click most of the time..though I know there are some very intelligent members...as well as some mods.
edit on 26-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

edit on 26-1-2012 by wildtimes because: just not worth it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

I'm not just talking about the rants wildtimes..though you seem to have quite a few of those..

Uh, excuse me, but I was not part of this RANT, and you just named ME in this nasty response!
Try to keep it straight who you're attacking, huh???

edit: font size and to quote the misdirected attack.
*hands shaking*
edit on 26-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

OOps..edited the mistake.. my apologies

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

I'm not just talking about the rants wildtimes..though you seem to have quite a few of those..

Uh, excuse me, but I was not part of this RANT, and you just named ME in this nasty response!
Try to keep it straight who you're attacking, huh???

edit: font size and to quote the misdirected attack.
*hands shaking*

OOps..edited the mistake.. my apologies

TYPO?

wildtimes - Mblah

Are you sure this is not hate?

Wow, talk about pride in what you post. Pride is not the emotion I see from you here.

ETA - wow, I see you just changed typo to mistake, right before I posted this, good timing, but still wrong
edit on 26-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

TYPO? wildtimes - Mblah Are you sure this is not hate? Wow, talk about pride in what you post. Pride is not the emotion I see from you here.

I edited the mistake I made and apologized.

I would strongly suggest you worry about the hate coming from yourself first...as well as trolling, not to mention .. seriously off topic.

I do not hate anyone vogon, contrary to what you may think...I have told wildtimes numerous times that i care deeply for her, and she will always be in my prayers.

we are discussing Mblah's rant on quality threads here...and I chose to speak up about the quality of a rant thread from a member that doesn't seem to practice what she preaches.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

......not to mention .. seriously off topic.

Really, I thought the topic was

Don't you take pride in what you post?!?!?

So my statement is somehow off topic..?

"Wow, talk about pride in what you post. Pride is not the emotion I see from you here."

edit on 26-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I also can't stand reading all the one liners that contribute ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

Agreed, that's a real pain to see for me as well admittedly. I like this site a lot and I want to see it continue to grow as much as possible, mainly because It's one of the only places where I can discuss and have an actual Intelligent conversation about these kind of topics that I find so interesting, so It can be pretty frustrating to see those lame one or two line threads, or those thread's where someone has posted nothing but a 2 hour video or random link and then says "Thoughts?" and that's it, because It adds absolutely nothing to the site. If anything it makes it look very bad and It's just nothing but a complete waste of time and space.

I've seen a lot of those kind of thread's around as well which is a shame really because with so many of them (although I have seen a fair few of them dealt with which is good to see) it makes it a great deal tougher to find a genuine contribution from someone. So yeah, I agree with you, It's very frustrating to see people drag the site down like that instead of at least putting more than 2 seconds worth of thought into something.

This is a great site as it stands right now and as they say - It's up to us, as a whole, to keep it that way.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

"Wow, talk about pride in what you post. Pride is not the emotion I see from you here."

and you vogon?.. you take pride in all these little posts of yours?

I do take pride for speaking my mind vogon, and telling Mblah and others what I think and feel..as she seems to have no problem with doing that as well.

Now run along little boy, and worry about your own posts..and your own hating..because i hate no one.. but it doesn't mean I have to agree with them just to prove I don't hate.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

reply to post by vogon42

I edited the mistake I made and apologized.

I would strongly suggest you worry about the hate coming from yourself first...as well as trolling, not to mention .. seriously off topic.

I do not hate anyone vogon, contrary to what you may think...I have told wildtimes numerous times that i care deeply for her, and she will always be in my prayers.

Apology accepted. Can you PLEASE leave me OUT of this??
I've never even interacted with mblah before!! (Well, now I have.)
In fact, how about deleting your posts that refer to mine, which has already been removed by ME? That would help.
Or, you can choose to leave it there, whatever. Not my rant.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Now run along little boy, ......

Do you take pride in that post?

Seems a bit immature to me.

Thanks for being a detriment to conversation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join