It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't you take pride in what you post?!?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I joined ATS for the content on here and well as of late it's been crap to be blunt.

Do any of you even READ what you post or do you just desperately need attention of some kind? Do any of you even look at the recent posts page or forum where a thread would go? Duplicates are ridiculous and many of you do it on purpose! So don't even try and say "oh I looked" because there are some that are just full of it. They use the two forum rule with BA and then get their thread they stole from another on the top boards. How is that fair? Do you feel better now that you are tops on a small internet forum where outside it nobody cares what you say on here? Is it like school where you need many gold stars to feel better about yourself? I am on ATS all the time and I see patterns of members and it just pisses me off. Grow up!

I see so many threads that are a few lines and a link and they get tons of flags. Is that what you people are looking for? I then see a well thought out thread that is ignored because god for bid anyone reads on here anymore. So many members have posted great threads yet ones about huge cloaked ships gets all the attention. I mean come on, use common sense!

I don't care what anyone says, call me grumpy or whatever but this is not the ATS I joined. There is nothing but half done threads that are just taken from other sites and copy and pasted here with no real though put into it. Then we have the constant trolls and baiters who do nothing but cause arguments or post threads that will undoubtedly lead to arguing. This isn't FB it's a site where people actually use to discuss topics in a civil manner. I use to love reading the recent posts page, there was always something good to read, now I'm done in 20mins!

What happened? Does anyone even care on here anymore or is it all about getting to the top of the charts so to speak?

I stopped making threads on the ATS side because it's pointless anymore. Anything with real information is shot down and then belittled by so called "debunkers," sorry but being an annoying know it all on ATS doesn't make your theories better than someone else's and it doesn't make your word the right word esp when you haven't a clue what you are talking about....ex CGI. How can you debunk it as CGI when you have NO idea about CGI yourself? That annoys me most I must say because it's everyones favorite answer when they can't explain something.....oh it must be fake then. Is that what is happening to our mentality? If something can't be explained it's fake?

Why dont you people actually look at what you post? I am tired of clicking links to find a few lines and a link to your source and half the time the source is crap and the OP never even responds in their own thread or if they do they IGNORE the people who actually make valid points backing up what they have to say. If you dont want the answer to something, DONT ask! You may not like the answer.

This isn't a FB feed! Why not put some pride and personal touch on your thread, like you are suppose to do per ATS own T&C. Too many threads now dont even have the OP responding or backing up anything they say. It's a two line post free for all on here anymore....

Rant over..

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I look at the site as a creative sandbox. It's fun to write stuff even if it is flaky. Most of my posts are in skunk works or rant, so that's following the rules.

As far a big stories are concerned. Don't stray too far. Word. -------------------------

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I agree, OP's have been weak of late. I viewed posts for a couple of years before I finally joined, it seemed like back then the posts were a little better. Though I have posted a couple of times where is was just a simple link and an explananation, I feel that it was probably ok because sometimes I like to keep it simple. But I know what you mean. It seems like on the few posts that I have done, not many in fact, the ones I spent the most time and energy on, got almost no responce. So I'm considering not posting at all again. Meanwhile, I too have been frustrated at how some posts that are blatent attempts at getting attention, actually do get attention, to much in fact.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I gave you a gold star that you are obviously desperate for.

You are right, what's even worse is the thread titles that people come up with. The misleading garbage. Even worse than the thread titles are the comments.. this website is slowly becoming GLP with the comments not adding to the discussion or being insulting short sentences.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

there there now

here's a great 1st thread from newbie member: xoanon to calm you down The Strange Sounds, The Dogon, Sirius B and The Bullroarer www.abovetopsecret.com...

that said i have to agree more or less especially about multiple threads [ up to 10, a couple of times]

i'm of 2 minds re your cooking threads
they are sheer torture on a bad day when i can't make enough to eat decently

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

there there now

here's a great 1st thread from newbie member: xoanon to calm you down The Strange Sounds, The Dogon, Sirius B and The Bullroarer www.abovetopsecret.com...

that said i have to agree more or less especially about multiple threads [ up to 10, a couple of times]

i'm of 2 minds re your cooking threads
they are sheer torture on a bad day when i can't make enough to eat decently

I read the bullroarer post. It was very good. Dogon it. ------------------------------

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It seems many have devolved from the 30 second sound bite mentality to a 30 second read mentality.

I enjoy the long posts that are researched. Even if I disagree with them, they have taken the time and effort to state a viewpoint and as such I respect them.

The two liners with a vid link rarely get my attention.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I could not agree more.
I roll my eyes alot when reading the boards lately.
Sometimes I wonder how many posters have some kind of mental disability to post some of the garbage I see.
Yes,the duplicates drive me up the wall as well.

I also can't stand reading all the one liners that contribute ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

It seems like its almost always the newcomers spamming the boards with dumb crap like "interesting find op s and f"

If you have nothing to add then don't post.

Thanks for letting me rant in your rant.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can honestly say the search function sux, or did when I used it before. I think they changed something though because lately, it seems to work just fine for me.

Although I agree that there are a lot of duplicate threads, there are several angles that any one story can come from, so a thread on a subject that is already covered, is just as important as the first thread if it is different. No one holds the right to a thread. That is something I have seen on ATS, someone starts a thread, and then if other people start a thread that is along the same lines, the poster gets all offended even though the other thread might contain a totally different aspect, because of PRIDE in what one posted, they think they own that subject on ATS, and that just is not so.

The mods seem to do a very good job of redirecting when it needs to happen, so ask yourself, who hurt your pride enough to post this thread, and then ask yourself why you feel the need to control..
edit on 25-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: speaking serious typonese

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Sometimes I wonder how many posters have some kind of mental disability to post some of the garbage I see.

A mental disorder does not make a point any less valid nor does it make what a person says any less truthful. If you assume that mental disorders invalidate someones posts,well, thats your choice I guess, but it is sometimes the crazy ones who see things for what they are, and they are not crazy, just misunderstood.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sometimes good stuff is posted on here, but no I don't take any pride in posting anything on the internet. I usually don't take pride in things that are worthless at the end of the day. I don't have anything to add to this forum, everyone else will gleefully jump on it for internet points, let them.
edit on 25-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

That is a perfect example.

Sad...just sad.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
you go girl give em it with all barrels

Extreme pet hate of mine and never ending enduring torture to find something decent. i find myslef straying into the ats of past as a bit of nostalgia for the old days hits

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

You are right, what's even worse is the thread titles that people come up with. The misleading garbage. Even worse than the thread titles are the comments.. this website is slowly becoming GLP with the comments not adding to the discussion or being insulting short sentences.

I'm with you dude the misleading titles like "undeniable proof that this exists" is misleading and wastes my time. I guess I should just skip those but whatever I don't want to miss it if it actually is.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I liked that thread a lot actually lol I have heard that sound, to me it's natural and nothing sinister.

I think it has to do with Earth's natural changes and movement at this time and maybe that is what they ancients all talked about. The Dogon I have found very interesting but I haven't read all that much into it but with that thread, it's given me some sites to read. I found it to be a very good theory personally

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by remyrange
I agree, OP's have been weak of late. I viewed posts for a couple of years before I finally joined, it seemed like back then the posts were a little better. Though I have posted a couple of times where is was just a simple link and an explananation, I feel that it was probably ok because sometimes I like to keep it simple. But I know what you mean. It seems like on the few posts that I have done, not many in fact, the ones I spent the most time and energy on, got almost no responce. So I'm considering not posting at all again. Meanwhile, I too have been frustrated at how some posts that are blatent attempts at getting attention, actually do get attention, to much in fact.

Yea I read ATS for a couple yrs before I joined and one day I just said I might as well sign up on here lol I haven't left since! lol.

The posts were different but like everything else in the world they have changed. It happens and I'm learning to just bite my tongue but i had to vent a little, one reason I enjoy the rant forum. It keeps me from taking it out in people in threads

I have a few thread ideas but with the way those topics are treated on here as of late I don't want it to turn into an arguement with mod edits throughout to where you can't read it. It just seems like many members don't even contribute, they just belittle or antagonize the OP. It's a little childish. If you don't like a thread why even bother responding? I avoid quite a few forums on here and it's for a reason. I know where to stay so I don't get into trouble
You wont see me in politics or religion. I may occasionally post in them but I have those forums hidden on the recent posts page lol. Sometimes I get too annoyed and I say things I shouldn't, we all do, it's the constant ones that drive me bonkers!

As for posting, I mostly live in the Cooking forum now lol

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

A star and no flag? What?! I demand a flag too

Misleading titles drive me crazy. I don't know why people do that but it's not just here it's all over the internet. I get why, it's the "oh look at me" attitude. It's very childish! I can't count how many youtube videos are done this way. It's so annoying! I never read GLP, looked a couple times and it was ridiculous so I never went back. I prefer ATS because I like a lot of the older members who still post. I always find something to read or look into by stalking their profiles

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

It seems many have devolved from the 30 second sound bite mentality to a 30 second read mentality.

That is exactly how it is!

I enjoy the long posts that are researched. Even if I disagree with them, they have taken the time and effort to state a viewpoint and as such I respect them.

Oh agreed! I love threads like that. That is why I joined ATS because so many of the threads that brought me here were like that. Aliens, UFOs, Ancient Egypt and Mars were all topics I googled that always brought me to ATS and various members some are still here and some aren't. I know those threads have to take time and research and for someone to do that for the simple fact to share with others, it's amazing. Those are the threads I want to see on the front page not the ones that have no thought and are obvious attention grabbers so everyone has to look and respond with some one liner thinking they are being funny. I try and ignore those, oh how i wish the ignore button was back. That would be great!

The two liners with a vid link rarely get my attention.

Same here.

On a side note I have always enjoyed your posts and I think we have even disagreed at times on certain topics
That is what i always liked about ATS. I was how people use to and some still do, have actual conversations and debate in a civil manner.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I have no idea what you're talking about

There is nothing there? Ok if it's a joke then haha if not the thread you linked to is gone lol

<<   2  3  4 >>

join