It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII - USS Enterprise, a dying Legend to be the FALSE FLAG !! ??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Man i dont like the sound of that. My dad was on that carrier during veitnam.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
Even the elite isn't dumb enough to bomb the shrine of the most innovative nerds of the last 50 years. Trekkies.

Without them we would not have what we have come to know as (Personal computers, Cell phones(pagers), Bluetooth (Uhura's ear thing)TOS), (( anything from the apple store, Kindle or other ebooks, tablet computers) TNG & Later) and a long list of others.

They know they would never get away with it (would be debunked by credible former trekkies who now have multiple PhDs) so the USS Enterprise is safe from a false flag

I suppose it's beside the point, but I don't find this logical. The USS Enterprise, CVN-65, is the 8th US Navy ship to bear that name, and was launched in 1960, the only one of its class. The first Starship USS Enterprise, NC-1701, was a Constitution Class Starship launched in 2245. The Space Shuttle Enterprise, OV-101, was launched in 1976. It's original name, oddly enough, was to have been the "Constitution," but a letter writing campaign by Trekkies managed to have the name changed to Enterprise.

Given this history it seems to me that Trekkies, i.e.: Trekkers, would be more aligned with the Space Shuttle than the latest aircraft carrier. Indeed, Mr. Spock was at the ceremonies in New York when the Enterprise, OV-101, recently landed there for the last time. Indeed, there is yet another letter writing campaign proposing to name the CVN-80, which is slated to replace the Eisenhower, as the 9th Enterprise in US Naval history, in the year 2024.

Now, about this so-called "false flag" event, they better hurry up. In no more than three months, the Enterprise will be headed home for the last time. Then the half dozen threads on this event will have to eat crow.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

True about the space shuttle but trekkers are rabid supporters of all things remotely related to Star trek even a 50 Y/O battleship and if you think the people on this site are adept at spotting flaws in continuity... they can't hold a candle to the nitpicking powers of a trekker.
I just hope they leave their red shirts in the drawer.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join