It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII - USS Enterprise, a dying Legend to be the FALSE FLAG !! ??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I thought it was going to be the Stennis, on a couple of occasions. Most recently the Stennis was near the Gulf at the moment of the most inflammatory rhetoric coming from Iran and is also an old carrier.

See: Will They Silverstein the Stennis?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

What would be easier?
a) have it blown up
b) spend the money to properly handle the nuclear reactor waste

B. B would be easier. Blowing it up you are looking at potential loss of life and lots of damage. There are nuclear reactors on board after all and blowing it up would be stupid. Even too stupid for the US government.

What would make more sense to the "Elite"
a) start a war for profit
b) leave the damn world alone in peace

Neither apply in this case and besides,this is a trick question and you know it.

They aren't going to start a war by blowing up the USS Enterprise.

Especially WWIII.

Something that not many seem to realize is NO government wants world war three. All the strategic maneuvers, that each government makes in this god awful chess game, is dome not only to put the game in their favor, but also with avoiding major wars on their mind.

There is a reason why countries such as China back down and start looking to trade with other countries besides Iran, when the US is giving Iran a hard time....

No government wants world war three and all governments are going to avoid it. Not start it....

You can star me AFTER the USS Enterprise is decommissioned and not blown up.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Yes,
That would be a correct usage but thats not how most use the term. Sorry its just annoying to hear people throw that term around. Its a freaking catch phrase on ATS.
Everyone assumes that Israel would attack the US to make it look like Iran. No one seems to think that the Saudis have a greater motivation to do that than Israel. No one seems to think that Iran itself might actually be stupid enough to attack the US all on their own. These threads just pull the Anti's out of the floor boards. The vast majority are to young to know what a rotary phone is.

Yes my generalization that ATS is full of highschoolers was just that...a generalization. I know some are old folks or middle agers like myself. These types of threads tend to attract the youngins.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

I see now it is the only ship of her class. I stand corrected.

edit on 26/1/12 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cauliflower
The Enterprise was the 11th CVN 68 class carrier. CVN 68 was commissioned in 1974 and it has been 38 years. The cost of keeping nuclear powered ships stored in reserve would be astronomical, we are told the refueling process alone takes 33 months. Perhaps they tow these huge carcasses to India by submarine for recycling after removing the classified stuff?

What???? You couldn't possibly BE more wrong! The Enterprise, CVN-65 is the FIRST CVN in the fleet. It was commissioned in 1961, over 50 years ago. The Enterprise is NOT a "CVN 68 class carrier," and, indeed, no one would ever utter that phrase. The "Nimitz Class" carriers begin with CVN-68 and end with CVN-77 GHW Bush. The CVN-78 GR Ford is the first of the new "Ford Class carriers." The Nimitz was commissioned in 1975. And no, they don't tow old carriers to India. By submarine? Un F'ng believeable!

And, since someone asked, the Enterprise is now in the west Atlantic off the coast of the US undergoing COMPUTEX and JTFEX, which stands for "Composite Unit Training Exercise" and "Joint Task Force Exercise." This is typically done prior to a deployment to get all the ships of a Carrier Strike Group working well together.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I see I need to make some basic correction on military affairs again, based on several uninformed posts.

The USS Enterprise CVN-65 is not a Nimitz class carrier. it was built and commisioned almost 15 years before USS Nimitz CVN-68. It is a one class ship (the Enterprise Class) which initially was planned to be a six ship class. However; there were various problems with the 8 reactor design, most notably cost overruns. The class was cancelled and only the one ship produced. The next several aircraft carriers built (Constellation, America, JFK) were all conventionally powered. The Nimitz Class was the next series of Nuclear Carriers, and corrected many of the deficiencies of the Enterprise, including going from an 8 reactor design to only 2.. The Enterprise needed $622 million in upgrades in 2009 just to finish out her service. Since she is in essence a deployed prototype (the first nuclear powered carrier, and the only one of her class) she is VERY expensive to maintain and operate compared to the Nimitz Class, which is almost like a standard model. There are virtually no spare parts for many of the Enterprises systems. Many of the Nimitz class components won't work. While it was envisioned that Enterprise could serve as much as 5 or 10 more years, the cost, and maintance time can be better spent on the current Nimitz class and the new class of carrier under construction.

With the exception of the Enterprise, all of the current active carriers are Nimitz Class, of which there are ten. All conventionally powered carriers have been decommissioned. Kitty Hawk is held in reserve. Some are museums, some were scrapped, USS America was sunk in classified weapons testing 2 years ago to help in the design of the next class of carriers (nothing the size of a modern carrier has ever been sunk by weapons damage, at least since WWII).

The next carrier will be a new class (The Gerald Ford class). The USS Gerald Ford CVN 78 is under construction, a replacement USS JFK CVN79 is being laid down now, and a yet to be named carrier CVN80 has been ordered (suggested possibility that this will be named USS Enterprise).

As far as a previous post asking why the carrier is preparing for combat, anytime a carrier is set for a deployment it is considered a combat deployment, even if we are not at war. The ships systems, crew, aircraft, and supplies are trained to, certified, and prepped for war. Carrier deployments are usually 9 months (give or take a few) and will be the first major US force to arrive in almost any crisis or combat situation, hence it's need for combat prepardness. Those deployed carriers (usually 3 or so around the world) are like the US's 911 force, ready to respond with no need for additional training, supply, etc..

Hope this clears up some of the carrier confusion.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.public.navy.mil...
en.wikipedia.org...(CVN-78)
defensetech.org...
edit on 26-1-2012 by SrWingCommander because: grammer

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Enterprise and the Constellation. My fathers ships! I don't even think he was on any others but the two. That was in the 60s and 70s.

It would be really something if they blew her up for the sake of a game. But that's all war is, isn't it? Just a bloody game for the bloody-minded. (Sorry, Dad!)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Iran is not al-Qaeda for anyone to blame them and remain unchallenged.

If a US ship is sunk in the Strait of Hormuz, regardless of Iran's previous threats, Iran has to claim responsibility for anyone to be able successfully convince other countries that they did it. If the US chooses to blame Iran despite Iran's denial, others can refuse to accept any US claim to being the aggrieved party with a right to retaliate.

With that in mind, let me go "Wild Things" (a movie with lots of twists and turns) on it.

US blames Iran and the war preparations are in full swing with everyone crying for Iranian blood. Obama wants to go all constitutional on it and asks Congress to declare war on Iran, the first time it would have been asked since WWII.

Iran vehemently denies responsibility for the sinking. Russia comes to Iran's aid and declares that any attack against Iran before an international investigation fixes responsibility for the sinking could result in a Russian retaliation.

Ron Paul comes to the aid of the Congress, with everyone else already committing themselves to a war with emotional speeches but now unable to go ahead and risk a Russian attack or go back and lose face, and demands that the US agree to an international investigation to fix responsibility, before going to war. Everyone agrees what a wonderful idea it is and pass a resolution asking the President to do that. Ron Paul is suddenly the darling of the Congressmen and Congresswomen for saving them.

An international committee is set up to investigate and leaked preliminary findings point the finger straight at Iran with the ordnance that damaged the ship deemed to be Iranian. Demands for bombing Iran will increase in the US. Meanwhile the strait becomes even narrower than it was because of the sunken ship and oil tanker traffic is affected pushing up the prices of oil sky high.

The international committee determines in its final report that the ordnance that sunk the ship, while made to look like belonging to Iran, was actually Israeli in origin and was launched from a submarine. The US and the world are shocked at the sheer audacity of a nation like Israel to do it and there are vehement demands within the US to bomb Israel. Instead the US moves the UN Security Council to sanction Israel until Israel is rid of all kinds of WMD, missiles and submarines and withdraws from the occupied territories. Israel refuses to cooperate and the sanctions come into place.

US is a hero throughout the Middle East (except, of course, Israel) and special prayers are held in mosques to ask Allah to bless the USA.

As the sanctions start making life difficult in Israel, Israeli Navy moves the world court for the US refusal to pay it for the hit the US ordered on its ship and produces the evidence that conclusively establishes that Israeli Navy sunk the US ship under a contract from the US. World Court asks the US to pay Israeli Navy. Highly embarrassed US claims no payments are possible since Israel is under UN sanctions.

Themslves embarrassed by becoming a pawn in the US game, Russia moves the UNSC to partially lift sanctions against Israel. US vetoes the resolution upset by the Israeli treachery of taping the conversations regarding the hit. There are open calls from world leaders to reform the UN and expel the US from it.

About the only US politician who doesn't look like an idiot in this whole transaction, Ron Paul, wins the election unopposed. The new US President immediately after taking oath, apologies to the world for the shameful actions of the previous administration and vows to make amends. In its last vote on the UNSC, US votes along with everyone else to completely lift sanctions against Israel and then exits the UN.

As someone who never believes in reneging on free market commitments made, Ron Paul hands a cheque to the Israeli Navy for the completed job of sinking a US ship in the Strait of Hormuz. While handing the cheque, he thanks the Israeli Navy for their invaluable help in his election and not taping or revealing the conversations where he approved the plan to sink the US ship. Next day he announces the ending of the Fed, creation of sound currency backed by gold and also that the old greenbacks would not be exchanged for the new currency

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I thought it was going to be the Stennis, on a couple of occasions. Most recently the Stennis was near the Gulf at the moment of the most inflammatory rhetoric coming from Iran and is also an old carrier.

See: Will They Silverstein the Stennis?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OK. That thread is dated 2007. You postulated that something would happen during a new moon in a couple of weeks.

It did not.

Does that experience teach you anything about the present situation, or are you repeating the same mistake?

For the record, the Stennis is NOT "also an old carrier." It was commissioned in 1995 and will likely stick around, oh, maybe another thirty years or so. Of the eleven commissioned carriers, seven are older than the Stennis. Also, the Stennis is now in the South China Sea.
edit on 1/26/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Very good idea.
lets hope they done use it.

But I would say they would sink a british ship
or some euro ship.
So the world will get angree not just americs.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

sending in the junkers, which they already are with the USS Abraham Lincoln, enterprise could be next, but this is more strategy, do you want another pearl harbour? if you have the best you can offer thousands of miles from protecting your shores, how will you prevent an attack from an ally such as Russia or china that has far more advanced tech than Iran. I think the vid is right, again the israeli's are behind it like with everything war wise, but the Iranian's though a nuclear threat have less advanced tech and the Lincoln and Enterprise will suffice the threat, whereas Iran's allies are far more advanced militarily, it would make far more sense to keep the best tech close to home.

unfortunately my analysis, suggests that war is 8 weeks (mid march) away and that America and the UK are very much in the final preparations of war, thanks to a surprise attack from israel as usual made to look like it's from the enemy, tactics ehh not the mints the israeli's.

watch this space, the junkers are moving in.P.S i feel for the families of those military personnel on board these junkers.

who else got the impression the video was commissioned, supported and funded by anonymous? who i've always thought is mossad.

edit on 26-1-2012 by technologicalsingularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The story does indeed sound plausible. I would not be surprised by the least if they pull something like that off.

If you guys haven't done so already, you really need to watch "Dead in the water", the docu about the USS Liberty.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I am almost speechless.......there are several people from the last dozen posts who own numerous styles of tin foil hat.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
reply to post by Glargod

sending in the junkers, which they already are with the USS Abraham Lincoln, enterprise could be next, but this is more strategy, do you want another pearl harbour?

The Abraham Lincoln....."a junker"....you sir just lost loads of credibility.
The ship is barely 20 years out of commissioning, which for an aircraft carrier is pretty young. The Nimitz Class are designed with lifetimes of well over 50 years. Also each one is brought up to the standards of the most recent during their "Service Life Extension Programs".

Enterprise (while not a junker) is of a different design then the Nimitz Class, and can't really be upgraded any more, and is extremely expensive to maintain.

en.wikipedia.org...(CVN-72)

edit on 26-1-2012 by SrWingCommander because: link add

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Excellent post Commander!

You took the words right out my mouth.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by technologicalsingularity

Sir, Enterprise may be old, but she is FAR from being a junker which was your implication.

With the proper replacement parts that ship could steam the world's oceans for many years to come. She is a grand old lady, that ship.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Hugues de Payens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
The story does indeed sound plausible. I would not be surprised by the least if they pull something like that off.

If you guys haven't done so already, you really need to watch "Dead in the water", the docu about the USS Liberty.

The story is as implausible as they come. Previous incarnations of this same old story have been disproven time and time again. But the issue of the USS Liberty has absolutely nothing to do with this. This is an apples & oranges comparison.

A short history of USS Liberty:

The USS Liberty (AGTR-5) was a WW II era Liberty ship (or Q Ship) which was a cargo vessel used to ferry goods across the Atlantic during the war. Now THERE'S a junker for you! It was purchased by the Navy and converted into a "Technical Research Ship," in other words, a spy ship. They filled it full of spy gear and 'Cryptographic Technicians' working for the NSA and sent it over to the Meditteranean to spy on Israel during the Six Day War in June of 1967. The ship was capable of picking up all radio transmissions in the area. The ship was in International Waters (barely), but was attacked by Israeli Air Force units and torpedo boats, disabling it, killing a number of crew members and injuring many more.

As usual, controversy ensued. The israelis said they thought the ship was Egyptian and that it was all a big mistake. However, sailors aboard the Liberty say the American flag was clearly visible and that the Israelis had ample time and ability to identify it. On the other hand the official American position was that US forces were hundreds of miles away, this after Israel asked the US to tell them if Americans were in the area. In my personal view, the attack was intentional, but the fact is that there is "plausible deniability" on both sides of this. The bottom line is that Israel admitted liability and paid millions of dollars to the families of the sailors killed and injured, and to the US for damage to the ship.

This all took place in the Mediterranean Sea over 1,000 miles from the Iranian coastline. Many books and documentaries have been written and filmed about this incident. It has been repeatedly analyzed in very fine detail. And when you read all about it you will find its only similarity to the potential of a US carrier being in harm's way is that they both involve water. Other than that, the two scenarios, one real and a part of history and the other a matter of abject speculation and fantasy that has never happened despite many attempts at conjuring it up, are not related to each other in the slightest.
edit on 1/26/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

1Tim 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil.....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak

Originally posted by the2010apprentice

War and violence is for Goofballs !!! Agreed ??

No, War and violence is for morons. It affects more than those that are involved and is a nasty business.

Not only a nasty business...but big business. Enough of war..why can't everyone just live peacefully?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

I could see this happening. Hopefully the jig is up though since people are starting to watch this video a lot now. What makes me believe it is the recent news about Iran dealing in oil with gold to India and China. This is the reason we attacked Iraq if you recall.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join