It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do you think an advanced ancient civilization existed and why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parta

they were definitely mining a variety of rocks & minerals including ochre. buring coal is very very hot. it melts almost anything.

Yes, but were they smelting any metal or even cold hammering copper? Charcoal burns much hotter than coal any sign of charcoal production?

edit on 26/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

what exactly is your point?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

what exactly is your point?

Since you didn't link to any particular post I've made you'll have to explain what you are asking

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Yes, but were they smelting any metal or even cold hammering copper? Charcoal burns much hotter than coal any sign of charcoal production?

well thats the point. at 25000bc they had all the tools and resources [by sheer luck]. what they did with them in the part of their territory where conditions were perfect [not dolni vestonice] after 25000bc is the problem

edit on 26-1-2012 by Parta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

well thats the point. at 25000bc they had all the tools and resources [by sheer luck]. what they did with them in the part of their territory where conditions were perfect [not dolni vestonice] after 25000bc is the problem

As did many other people, at many other places and many different times - the question is did they make the connections, take the initiative and produce metals or produce anything.

So like for many other questions and places in the world I can use my favorite phrase; 'more research and excavation are necessary'!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My research has shown that the direct decedents of Cain before the great flood ie the atlantians (titans) were very advanced. Even after the flood some of the survivors went on to establish advanced civilisations but never achieved their former glory and ultimately the knowledge was lost to corruption and wars between the races.

Tracing the origins back further I have ultimately come to the conclusion that it was inherited from “the gods” who passed it to “the sons of god” who broke with tradition in mixing with the daughters of Man, (the adamic race). The gods or elohim originate from a planetary body within our solar system (I’m not talking about planet X) possibly mars or our moon.

BTW white people do not originate on Earth, that is what I have also discovered. Basically the white race is the product of interbreeding of the elohim with the asian race.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hmm no one can pretend to know when the first intelligent beings rose, ever,

No one even knows how many times this universe has been reborn. We will never know unfortunately.

HOWEVER I can comfortably state that in this Universe, considering the time it likely takes for such things to amass, intelligent life is relatively new. The last 45-500 million years. (New to this Universe)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

As did many other people, at many other places and many different times - the question is did they make the connections, take the initiative and produce metals or produce anything.

So like for many other questions and places in the world I can use my favorite phrase; 'more research and excavation are necessary'!

whenever it happened [smelting], i believe its a middle danube thing right?

the wonderous thing is how much you can tell from only a single core sample. take for instance what neet things you could find out here at this vara

googlemap

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

People have been looking for something that could have destroyed 'Atlantis' for a long time, the Mid-Atlantic would fit Platos story best but the lack of destructive evidence has seen 'Atlantis' moving around a bit

Tsunamis from asteroid impacts tend to be impressive

I was thinking the asteroid created a shockwave somewhere on the North American ice sheet. Eastern coast of Hudson Bay, maybe? That coastline is very circular. Created massive earthquakes but not the kind that result in big tsunamis.

Hey, here's an idea. What kind of tsunamis would happen if a large land mass just sank, rather than being shoved up along a subduction zone? I get the impression that the worst kinds of tsunamis are caused when an overlayer is shoved upward due to a subduction movement, displacing the water, which then rolls out until it's driven up by an opposite shoreline. But the Mid-Atlantic Ridge is a divergent plate boundary. No subduction. If the whole area just dropped, with nothing being pushed up, wouldn't you basically get "anti-tsunamis" rushing in from all directions until they met in the middle? There would probably be some rippling backwards from that, but not nearly as much as if the original tsunamis were directed outward.

Hmmm... Not saying that this happened. But it's interesting that maybe there could be a mechanism that would account for it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Don't know you'd have to find a tsunami expert to answer that!

Impact:

Although a few geologists have argued that it is possibly related to a Precambrian extraterrestrial impact and have compared it to Mare Crisium on the Moon, no credible evidence for such an impact crater has been found by regional magnetic, Bouguer gravity, and geologic studies

Eaton D. W. and F. Darbyshire, 2010, Lithospheric architecture and tectonic evolution of the Hudson Bay region. Tectonophysics. v. 480, pp. 1–22.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

the wonderous thing is how much you can tell from only a single core sample. take for instance what neet things you could find out here at this vara

Well that is the thing - you need to find that slag!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Well that is the thing - you need to find that slag!

something really wonderous from just one core is a giant rectangular vara that by sheer luck or divine inspiration survived the flood. waunder through some mythologies.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

something really wonderous from just one core is a giant rectangular vara that by sheer luck or divine inspiration survived the flood. waunder through some mythologies.

Myths and legends might act as stimulus to research but no matter how much you might want a myth to be taken as fact; they are not. To provide evidence of an unknown culture will require hard archaeological evidence and a great deal of work and time.

Sink some test pits, talk to the local farmers and see what their plows are bringing up, what have the local collectors found?

Until you dig that rectangle could be a Roman legionnaires camp

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Myths and legends might act as stimulus to research but no matter how much you might want a myth to be taken as fact; they are not. To provide evidence of an unknown culture will require hard archaeological evidence and a great deal of work and time.

Sink some test pits, talk to the local farmers and see what their plows are bringing up, what have the local collectors found?

Until you dig that rectangle could be a Roman legionnaires camp

the professions said that they should take a line of cores across the wall feature and they were able to determine when the wall was built without excavations. maybe they were wrong but its the government so what can you do. the date of the wall is enough for everyone right now. how long do they have to publish? 8-10years on the average? we all might get lucky. iarcuri only took 5years and its no far away.

you go for the olde 18th century axiom that everything big is roman don't you. everything on old maps thats big is marked roman and none of it is. in that part of the world, everything really big is really old. the biggest city of the ancient world, the largest rondel ever built etc. now its the largest vara.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

the professions said that they should take a line of cores across the wall feature and they were able to determine when the wall was built without excavations. maybe they were wrong but its the government so what can you do. the date of the wall is enough for everyone right now. how long do they have to publish? 8-10years on the average? we all might get lucky. iarcuri only took 5years and its no far away.

Did they put out an interim report on what they did or is that what they are thinking about doing

you go for the olde 18th century axiom that everything big is roman don't you.

Sorry I don' t recall hearing that axiom before - I was rather young then

Who owns the land that this site is on?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

its government land. the results are theirs. they wouldn't let me send a film crew. they wouldn't let me pay for the work that i was supposed to pay for. its all theirs. muahahaa

just look at an old map of europe. everything is marked romer schanze
edit on 26-1-2012 by Parta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
So I don't have an exact timeline, but probably in the millions of years?
Here's a link to a website that has lots of info on unexplained artifacts.

paranormal.about.com...

Sorry its not live, you'll have to copy/paste.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
some 187 million years ago this is a figure i got approved by higher cast whith the comment give or take 100 m dont make so big differens does it as long as we know its not thousands the infomation says 50 million years of altlandis time ICEAGE 3 people trappt inside the ice introduction of animal protein smaller breeding system and what do we have\ creation of the white man abnormally intellegent creativ and destructive before alltladistime we had some time called paradisetime when whe lived in harmony whith nature and where sun and moon and astro whas the belive among the people so who whas this as can it have been the gods of asgaard asgard and valhalla was in a place called HEL todays hellsinki easy in the bible the opposition is from HEL and the leader- phan-satan- is portrated as a ram ram is in root language bock so now some bad informaion the last of the bock is dead there is time for a new age some more intressting connectons maybe mount meru can be lamminkainen temple outsde 23km hellsinki the heathen culture and the hindu culture not far away -SAY IT AND LISTEN its sounds the same to me

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I don't deny the possibility, however, since you asked for an opinion, here goes:

"When do you think an advanced ancient civilization existed ?

Never

"Why?"

There's not a single iota of evidence for it.

Harte

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

I don't deny the possibility, however, since you asked for an opinion, here goes:

"When do you think an advanced ancient civilization existed ?

Never

"Why?"

There's not a single iota of evidence for it.

Harte

Not only is there no evidence for it there is abundant evidence against it.
I guess these civilizations were able to disregard the basic laws of physics and chemistry and built a civilzation without using any materials available on earth. Because they didn't use any of them, they didn't use any iron, if they did we would find evidence of their mines, no evidence of that. They didn't use any of the escalating scale of energy sources, such as coal, natural gas, oil, hydroelectric or atomic energy.
You have to use a starter energy source to develop the technologies that allow you to develop more efficient energy sources that allow you to develop new technologies.
In our case we started with fire, which allowed us to develop a whole host of escalating technologies, the use of fire allows the development of ceramics, which in turn led to basic metalurgy, cuprous and basic ferrous alloys,.
The advancement of ceramics , iron and copper alloys led to superior manufacturing and processing tech.
When you have sufficent iron processing capabilities, you can take advantage of steam power. Once you have steam power you can build bigger iron things like locomotives for moving the stuff needed for the complex society required for this level of advancement. You can also build the steam shovels needed to mine the coal needed to produce the next metal required .for further advancement, steels,. Steels can be made in small amounts the old way but to make industrial quantities, you have to make use of coal, in such quantities only rail movement of product can accomplish.
Now that you can make steam shovels and locomotives, you can make the next energy jump, hydroelectric, because now you have the tools and engineering experience for complex machines and procceses.
Once you have hydroelectric power, and have accepted AC over DC you fawn really step up your manufacturing game as a whole new world of materials are now within reach, like nickel heat resistant alloys, or aluminum which cannot be made without AC electricity. The realm of materials that would not exist without AC is vast. Our entire world relies on AC.
Once you have reliable AC and hitemp alloys you can make another leap to nuclear power. And so on and so on.

edit on 21-5-2012 by punkinworks10 because: content

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join