It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange thing happened to me and my son last night. Did you feel it? What does it mean.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Ok sorry I hit the enter button before I entered the text but here it goes.

Last night around 7:50-8:10 not sure exactely as I was not looking at the clock. I'm sitting on the bed with my son and all of a sudden I heard this strang ring like high pitch frequency. As soon as my son heard it he looked at me with the confused look on his face and said what was that.

Me knowing I just heard the same thing looked at him and said .What buddy? Did you just hear something.
I was amazed but did not want to let him know what I had heard but wanted to hear what he had to say as I have experienced this ring/hum on many occasions.

I said what is it bud he said. I just heard a strange ringing sound. He said you heard it to didn't you dad. I said yes I did. He was liek strange what was it.

I said I don't know buddy but I think it has to do with the atmophere or pressure or something like that. I said have you ever heard that before he said yes.

I was in awe.

Not sure what it is .
But now you have 2 people sitting on the bed setting up to read stories and all of a suddend a strang high freq sound both came over us.

No explaination from what it could have came.

There were no electronics on we were in his room just sitting on the bed picking stories for bed time.

He picked his fav by the was .Go away big green monster. Kid loves that book.

I cannot explain it and have no idea what it was.

A can tell you this I have heard it before.

Some times I will be sitting there and it is like I all of a sudden hear a high pitch scream or almost like a ringing which changes in tone almost like a signal.

This is odd. Whats even more strange is we both experienced it.

He is 7 and I'm 40. Me I could understanbd the ringing in the ears you know what I mean. But for us both is was a very odd experience.

Has anyone experienced something like this before .Or more specific any thing strange last night around the time frame I mentioned.

edit on 25-1-2012 by Rocky Black because: Left out the post.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Strange indeed!

Just sayin'.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Ima have to agree with Cuhail on this one.
Naw, I gotta go get the wife ready for work, I'll read when I get back.

(Edit)
Generally when I hear the high pitch ringing my doctor told me it was from too many years without hearing protection.
AKA, I'm going deaf!
But to experience this with someone else hearing the same is a no.
I imagine it could have been several things from mechanical to electronic, but would not even know which direction to point without having been there myself.
Neat stuff either way.
edit on 25-1-2012 by g146541 because: To Add

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It was odd to say the least. I have heard it on occasion before.

Not sure how to describe it but almost like a high pitch ringing.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
what time zone are you in?

At that time pacific, I had this insane headache just come out of nowhere.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I have also experienced this or a similar phenomenon at least twice over the last five years. I'll be sitting around and all of a sudden I'll hear a loud high frequency sound that lasts for 3 - 5 seconds. My left ear seems to be more sensitive to it. I have no idea what it is and never tried to investigate it. I always wrote it off to some type of pressure gradient. Be interesting to see if a lot of people experience it or if it's experienced by a very small group of people.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

I don't know if you are but,...
High pitch frequencies will cause pain and discomfort in women and dogs quite easy.
I guess men just are not that in tune with some of the higher frequencies.
Really dunno.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Perhaps both your brains are sensitive to lots of protons streaming through them?
www.newsroomamerica.com...

Just a suggestion.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

I'm on the east coast in NH. It was around 8:00. !/4 of till 1/4 past time frame.

I know I went to his room at 7:40 played cars a bit then we started to pick out some stories to read.

I was freaked out that he heard it as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mairx10

Very odd you say that but is was in my left ear as well. Very odd.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Ah, well that is odd. I was hoping to have some correlation to the sudden pain. (I am all that is man btw
)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
Perhaps both your brains are sensitive to lots of protons streaming through them?
www.newsroomamerica.com...

Just a suggestion.

It could be, or just a coincidence. I knew about the CME happening, but not sure id correlate it considering the building I'm in 20 hours of the day.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well last night my fiancce and I went out to eat around 7 around the time I was dropping her off at 8 it was around the same time you had your expierence this massive headache just hit me out of no where. I really can't recall a high pitch sound because of how painful and random the headache was. At the time I did find it strange because theres almost always warning signs before a headache of that severity. I reside on in NJ so same time zone.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Bcs8484 because: I forgot to include the time in which the expiertence took place

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It would be nice to see how many people provide testimonials for this occurrence. I have experienced this phenomena periodically my whole life. I initially counted it out to some form of sound wave passing through an atmospheric pressure change causing my eardrum to receive the signal that otherwise wouldn't be heard. When I happened to hear the same 'signal' in various geographic locations with different weather circumstances I started to wonder. Not that I have come up with anything conclusive mind you...
Good post

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Did it sound like this high-pitched ringing sound recorded on 19th January in Northern Ireland?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You can count me in as someone who has experienced this as well. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard that high-pitched whine in either one or both ears. ... While the sound isn't exactly like this, the best description I've can come up with is the sound of cicada's in the summer, only louder. I don't recall if I heard it last night, as I had headphones on at that time.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My time zone is GMT+1 and I swear from 8 pm till 10 pm my ears were ringing...its a sound like the one in your head but much much louder. I thought its from the sun storm...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That is my kids favorite too. We read Bob Books, they are great at teaching kids to read, but for the fun stuff we search youtube. My 5 year old is a whiz on the computer now, and I've saved some shortcuts to the desktop, and he can do it all himself!

As for the noise, so much is unexplained these days that I've begun to just ignore it. Something shook my entire house the other night like a truck had hit it. The dog barked, the kids jumped out of bed, I went around and around the house inside and out, and there wasn't any explanation.
It's becoming so common I don't even pay attention most of the time anymore.

Anyhow, this one is GREAT!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
How about the water heater, or pipes in the house whining? Before I replaced my water heatrer, it made all kinds of loud, whiny, and differents types of sounds depending on the time of day.

Pipes in the walls with air in them?

Just an idea.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What the hell? Not sure if it's related but last night around the same time I got a rather noticable ring on my ear (forgot which one right or left), like an inner ear vibration. Now that has happened plenty of times before, but this one was pretty extreme and made me think of my aunt's words if you have a loud ring in your ear that means someone is talking about you lol.

Maybe it has to do with yesterday's rather large solar flare? BTW NYC east coast as well. Normally I would pay it no mind, as like I said I has happened numerous times before, but last night was pretty extreme (I know I said that twice, just needed emphasis lol). Also I would like to note, in my experience it wasn't (or didnt appear to be) external, more like elevator type pressure in the ear and a high pitched frequency. Definitely wasn't a tea kettle or pipes or anything.

edit on 25-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join