It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Documents Prove Alien Activity on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/1660/607/Russians_Documents_Prove_Alien_Activity_On_Mars.html

Seems funny the US doesn't seem to have quite as many Mars exploration problems that the Russians do.
>>
In March 25, 1989 – Purportedly a top-secret infrared photo taken from the Soviet Phobos II probe, showing an object approaching the Martian moonlet. Estimates say the UFO was approximately 15.5 miles long.” [UFO mag, vol 7, n 1, 1992]

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Great source.....LOL

Scott C Waring.....gotta be legit haha

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Thought I would embed the video for you all.

Ok the source is rubbish. The optical shape on the photos is interesting, I have no doubt this has already been debunked before on ATS I will have a dig in the archives!

edit on 25-1-2012 by RandalFlagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Obvious the word "prove" means different things to many people, lol. But I guess if you are of a certain mindset that this is "proof" enough for you, lol.

The Russians have a history of not talking about their space failures, as they think it makes them look bad. Heck, even the probe that just crashed that they launch was treated like it was a national embarrassment, with jail being threatened for the engineers involved and some Russian people claiming that another country caused the failure.

So taking into account the history of how they handled the public when it comes to their space program one needs to take idiotic articles like this with a huge grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yep found something, this short thread gives some details regarding the cigar shaped object!

Cigar Shaped Object UFO-The Smoking Gun???

According to Boris Bolitsky, science correspondent for Radio Moscow, just before radio contact was lost with Phobos 2, several unusual images were radioed back to Earth, described by the Russian as "Quite remarkable features". A report taken from New Scientist of 8 April 1989, described the following: "The features are either on the Martian surface or in the lower atmosphere. The features are between 20 and 25 kilometers wide and do not resemble any known geological formation. They are spindle - shaped and proving to be intriguing and puzzling."

Dr. Becklake described it as "something that is between the spacecraft and Mars, because we can see the Martian surface below it," and stressed that the object was seen by both the optical and the infrared (heat seeking) camera.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

I have no doubt this has already been debunked before on ATS I will have a dig in the archives!

You are correct

Marina Popovich phobos 2 picture .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for the shadow

The shadow of Phobos has an elliptical shape on the Martian surface, because the shadow’s cone hits the surface at an oblique angle. This shadow appears to be distorted even more because of the imaging technique of the HRSC.
www.esa.int...

edit on 25-1-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I know everyone doesn't think much of "Before its News"
______beforeitsnews/story/1670/675/NASA_Evidence:_Alien_Spaceships_Patrol_The_Planets.html

For those still curious I saw this related one- which has some interesting pics from the moon and Mars. Not sure all have been "debunked".

top topics

join