It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVOLUTION - Did YOU Know?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I do not know how can somebody be sufficiently retarded to assume creationism is valid while evolution is a scam. Evolution is observed in everyday life, it is the reason why we can have different breeds of dogs, why diseases are getting resistant against antibiotics and why we have such things as circular species ( you have 5 races of birds, each race can procreate with other except 1 with 5, because they are genetically too far from each other)

To claim creationism is the way is simply denying the reality. Do you question gravity ? Or are you too blind with faith that you cant see further than your nose ?

And show me how can you measure creationism...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Can't you just post in one of the existing 'i believe complexity = designer even though we have no actual evidence of the claim and if science doesn't know everything then god automatic exists' threads? There's at least 4 of them right near the top of the page all of which have been easily debunked.

I started to watch the video and literally within the first minute I heard at least 4 blatantly wrong statements and fallacies. "Evolution can't say why XXXX". Even if it were true (it's not) it still doesn't prove design. If you want to promote the creation theory, do it honestly and talk about what you DO believe and the evidence behind it, not what you don't believe about a scientific field of study you know nothing about.

EDIT: So I watched the rest. What a joke. He obviously doesn't have that much material since he has to repeat the same unknown factor 3 times in a row with separate questions. How / when the solar system was formed we have a very good idea. Why? Why ask a stupid question? Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet? This is grammar school stuff.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm sure I've said it before, but it's worth repeating.

When you get to the end of your knowledge when attempting to solve an issue, you can't simply plug God into that hole.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I expected to see AND NOW YOU KNOW at the end of the OP. very disappointing...

Only kidding

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

SCIENCE CAN'T EXPLAIN IT!

THEREFORE.

GOD.

That's your logic right there...now see how ignorant you sound.

Back in the day you would have been touting "The world is flat!, don't believe the heretics!"
edit on 25-1-2012 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
-Bacteria has less than 500 genes. Humans have more than 22 thousand genes. Ask yourself a question: Can evolution program genes?

Science lacks a single formula to describe how life originated. Any theory worth considering must contain measurable formulas to describe what is being studied. Evolution cannot be measured. Intelligent design, however, can be measured and verified. Consider these simple comparisons.

edit on 25-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

OMG, a complete lack of understanding on how science works as a justification for creationism!!!! I mean OMG.

IF, NB IF, ALL SCIENTISTS stated that there was nothing to learn and we know all that be can ever known and we still don't know how life started then you might have an argument. However, science is all about theorising, testing, dropping theories, re-theorising, testing etc etc and round and round we go until we find out how "abc" works.

In this respect science is still studying how life originated AND WE DO NOT YET KNOW BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE WONT AND THEREFORE NEED TO INVENT MYTHICAL CREATURES AS CREATORS.....jeesh.

Shouting ? too damn rigth since how science works has been explained soooo many times here on ATS and creationists continue to ignore the explanation........an inconvenient truth!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't agree with the points in the OP and all it really does is continue to reenforce all the misconceptions and false divisions on the subject of evolution. Micro and Macro evolution are two different things and just because you don't believe in every single part of evolution does not make you some religious nut that believes in the bible. The very idea of debating "evolution" is pretty dated as we are no longer dealing with just evolution but all the theories that make up evolution. Abiogenesis,panspermia,punctuated equilibrium,punctuated gradualism,selfish gene theorymosaic evolution,neodarwinisim,neolamarckisim, phyletic gradualism and on and on are all different schools of thought on evolution. The debates on some of those get just as heated as evolutionists vs creationists.
I just see the ignorance showing on both sides of this evolution vs non-evolution debate.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Species evolve through natural selection, diet, interbreeding, environmental effects, and through necessity. This is what "intelligent design" is, not someone programming genes like a biological hacker, though that happens these days, but again, not by a "god", but by men.
If it can be proven that something "created" life here on Earth a couple billion years ago, that it wasn't an accident, it was likely alien, not a deity. i.e.> Not anything one would need to worship, let alone build a system of worship (religion) around. Also, even if an alien race did give rise to life here on Earth, evolution is still how life was able to thrive, so...

edit on 25-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Just another voice in the throng crying "There is a higher power!" (either that, or we're an alien experiment). Either way, you'll be just one of the masses.

Nice try though. I agree with you, if that makes any difference.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Religion and mythology were what people used to explain their world when they didn't have the tools to properly understand it. It is a creation myth created by a bronze age people 2000+ years ago who were largely ignorant of any natural processes. People have a need to understand the world around them, but the difference between the devout and the rational is a matter of drive. The devout are comfortable with believing a myth because they have neither the desire nor the tools to seek true understanding of the universe. The rational are concerned enough about truth to develop themselves and put true effort into understanding their world. If you try to use vague comparisons to try to prove your "theory"; you are insulting your beliefs as well as scientists who are willing to put real work into understanding. Religion is about faith and science is about proof. Those who seek proof have no faith and those who have proof need no faith.

It is only a matter of time before we discover the complete "formula of creation". It will occur, the only thing that can stop it is the desire to remain ignorant in order to protect our own emotional weakness and an undeserved sense of entitlement to importance above all things in the universe.
edit on 1/25/2012 by GeistMelange because: after thought

edit on 1/25/2012 by GeistMelange because: changed the to they

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure why, but I always find it funny when creationist types try and use entropy as logic against evolution. Energy is constantly being taken in from other sources to survive and procreate. Then, when a copy (baby) has been produced, there are minor glitches in their DNA strand known as mutations. It is an imperfect process, and sometimes mutations can be major changes in the cases where it effects the production of an entire protein chain. Generally, mutations are silent and genes/gene expression is not influenced a great deal. That's why evolution takes so many generations to have an apparent effect.

I think the biggest thing that keeps people from understanding evolution is that they have no grasp for the time scale that scientists are using. They see a number and imagine something like a couple generations to make a human. That's just retarded.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

exactly. you have a choice to believe god created you, but left the universe up to physics or not.
however if he did create you, he sure the hell choose evolution as his vehicle.
perhaps he has infinite time, and takes delight in such things as evolution?
just saying.

There is strong evidence from the Bible that our DNA will not evolve, but be upgraded. The entire focus of salvation is on two levels. 1) You must be born again. 2) The Blood of Christ offers the Holy Spirit. Spirit is consciousness. Holy denotes a consciousness free from error and ignorance. The Bible further says that the laws of God will be written on our hearts.

Jeremiah 31

33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the LORD.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the LORD.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

If you take a look at humans in their current state, we must experience the law from both sides of error and truth. Once we have a reflecting point, we make a choice to be the hero or the antagonist. This is the difference between courage and greed; taking or giving. Ultimately, we find the pearl of great price: Love fulfills all law. If we love others, we cannot break the law. This is the key to seeing God face to face. When this happens, we gain union with the spirit of God within us. If you read John 3, you realize that Jesus states the case for this by saying that we must be born of water and spirit. Water represents our baptism into the material reality. Spirit represents our baptism into Holy Consciousness by trials of fire. In Genesis 3, the flaming sword protects the tree of life. To gain access, the sword must be pushed aside by love.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Energy is constantly being taken in from other sources to survive and procreate. Then, when a copy (baby) has been produced, there are minor glitches in their DNA strand known as mutations. It is an imperfect process, and sometimes mutations can be major changes in the cases where it effects the production of an entire protein chain. Generally, mutations are silent and genes/gene expression is not influenced a great deal. That's why evolution takes so many generations to have an apparent effect.

I also think people get confused on the subject of genes and even more people do not get the difference between something that is genetic and something that is hereditary.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492

I'm curious, why hebrew? Why doesn't this information appear in older written languages? It would seem to me if this information were correct we would see evidence in something like cuneiform or the proto-hieroglyphic writings we have available.

If you read some of my previous threads, I outline how the proto-canaanite (pheonecian) is the root language for Hebrew. Here is a quote from a recent article I put together on science and religion in relationship.

Like language, two symbols unite to make more meaning. In life, two people come together and defy reason. With simple mathematics, two plus two makes four. In a union of love, one plus one makes three. When a man and a woman come together, the union creates a third. Logic cannot always answer what the symbol suggests.

Take the Hebrew language. Three letters make a word. If other letters are joined to the root, more words follow with more meaning. Words are then joined in a chain to form more meaning on different levels. If we negate the presence of the root, we see paradox in the outlying meaning from ignorance. The connection from root to the end of the chain is made to resolve paradox when we look at any symbol. Languages do the same. The early Phoenician language is the root language for English.

If you examine the pictographs of Phoenician, they represent the root. As this proto-Canaanite language branches to other languages, unions take place and more meaning is revealed by the expansion of the various languages of the world. Hebrew tells one side of the story from God's perspective and Greek tells the other side from Western abstract thinking. Mathematics and science follow one language as the spiritual side follows the other. Examine all other branches of language and they reveal other pieces of the overall puzzle. When we finally arrive at English, the complete story can be seen from all sides. To understand what is being said, we follow the languages back to the root.
LINK

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Use lots of crack coc aine and then have a baby with a partner who also uses lots of crack coc aine, bang! you've just programmed your child's dna to make it a crack baby.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You know what amazes me about posts like this? That the OP feels he is doing God a service when in actuality he is absolutely denying the greatest of His works.

Let's take a look at what God has done. He created the Universe. Did He just say 'this looks like a good idea' and just throw the stars, planets and galaxies together? He did He created a set of immutable laws that finely govern every aspect of this immeasurable Universe down to the smallest quark?

There are absolute principles that keep the Universe in order. These are undeniable. To deny them is in reality denying God Himself as He created everything and set the world around us in motion. He didn't take chances but had order to down to the smallest particle. This science proves, not God, per se, but His irrefutable laws.

To deny what science has proven correct in the Universe is to deny God.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Evolution cannot be measured. Intelligent design, however, can be measured and verified.

Oh 'Superior'-bandteacher-Ed...........I see your grossly overinflated ego has spilled over from the religion forum into this one. However must I warn you, your incessant rants containing nothing other than your imagination will not get as much traction here as they did in the religion forum.

You're in over your head....Ed

So far, the only opposing context to the the evidence I have presented is insult and incredulity. I will stand on the science and on the parallel revelation from ancient scripture. They match. As for faith, I will concede that we are both securely fastened to our faith. Religion can verify science with a third perspective. Science can only have faith in changeable theory. While religion must constantly see itself by the changing theory, one thing does not change. The scriptural revelation stays the same. This third perspective unifies the multiplicity of views into one unified view that has not and does not change. When the Bible makes a statement that we are made 'in' an image and the image of something, we will not see the significance until we have a parallel in science to see what was said. Example:

Genesis 1:27

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created.

Before our current day and age of virtual reality, we could not know what being 'inside' and image would denote. Further, we would have no idea what it meant to be the image of our creator.

Take a look at our own virtual reality simulation called SIMMS and you now have an understanding of how the image was created. Did the Bible nail this from verse one? Yes. How was the image projected? What medium was used? Science has no answer before this century. Now it does. The Bible had it all along.

Einstein said it is Time, Space, Matter and Energy. This knowledge represents two reflecting points: Science and discovery. The Bible has the third. Who got there first?

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

Evolution and natural selection is like saying that life is analog. I am slightly more progressive and can easily show that it is digital. One view is an antiquated view, while the correct view matches current theory. Darwin had a hunch before 1900, but in this day and age, we are starting to peek behind the veil. It's time we admit the obvious and stop clinging to our bias against God. Adding pride to the equation only negates a correct answer.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
did you know carbohydrate metabolism is virtually the same between humans and bacteria?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I really do feel for anyone who try to use the bible to prove their theories. The book inself is riddled with inconsistensies. But to use the book there are 2 very basic questions I would like anyone to answer. Firstly, god created Adam and Eve only. They had 2 sons,Cain and Abel. Cain slayed Abel so the question is Who did cain marry to beget the human race? Secondly, the human race was wiped out in the flood. That left Noah and his 3 sons. My second question is, how did the human race come about because it would mean fully fledged incest in Noah family as there was no-one on earth but them? I sincerly hope you see where I'm comming from with this as the book you keep quoting for your evidence is nothing of the sort.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heckren
I do not know how can somebody be sufficiently retarded to assume creationism is valid while evolution is a scam. Evolution is observed in everyday life, it is the reason why we can have different breeds of dogs, why diseases are getting resistant against antibiotics and why we have such things as circular species ( you have 5 races of birds, each race can procreate with other except 1 with 5, because they are genetically too far from each other)

To claim creationism is the way is simply denying the reality. Do you question gravity ? Or are you too blind with faith that you cant see further than your nose ?

And show me how can you measure creationism...

Like language, species show morphology. One word originates with a root. For instance. The Aleph of Hebrew is an ox. This is strength. The word father is made by adding the floor plan of the tent. This makes the word father mean the strength of the house. Add more letters to the original root and you get a new word. The root is still there.

With species and their various variety, you see something similar happen. The root of a dog is the building plan or blueprint of that species. We see lots of different dogs, but we also notice the root of the species as a DOG and not a HORSE. We know the difference, yet they are similar to each other. Behind the variety, we still see the species. We don't see humans with horse heads. If natural selection was the answer, we might see a human with horse legs. This concept in species is referred to as the specie's Bauplan. This is a a German word that refers to the "building plan" or "blueprint" of the organism. It is well understood that the Bauplan has a morphology based on the root. Where do the roots originate? Where do the letters of our language originate? Where do the proteins created by RNA originate?

If you look at an acorn, you know that there is a 75 foot oak tree enfolded into it. How does this giant form express from the tiny seed? INFORMATION! That is all we need to see to know that it is designed. To say that the oak tree evolved is to say that entropy in information theory is defied. Nature cannot make a choice. Only consciousness makes choice. What originates consciousness? This is a better question than trying to make grandiose theory to describe something that is rather obviously seen with common sense.

You mention gravity. Where does gravity originate and how is it governed? What governs the other laws in nature to precisely the correct ratios? How is it possible that we are fine tuned? Science does not have an answer for this apart from admitting a governor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join