It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Aussie flag on car 'more racist'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

You do realise that Aborigines are genetically less likely to live as long as an asian, european etc. I also believe that the stolen generation was a good thing. Aborginal children were taken from their parents and then asimilated into white society where they were given a million times greater opportunity at life. Take a look at the descendents of the stolen generation and see how better off they are compared to those still living in the bush?

This comment is bereft with ignorance. Aboriginals may be genetically less likely to live as long as cacuasians, but the fact that they live in practical serfdom, with little access to proper healthcare or proper nutrition dramatically reduces their life expectancy. The fact that we have driven them off their land onto the outskirts and fringes of society in to ghettos and shanty towns, ensures high crime rates and high drug use. The fact that even with all the government rhetoric, we really choose to bury the issue and we really don't do much about their pain. They live in thrid world conditions, in a first world industrial country, and even though you likely want to blame them for their suffering, it isn't exactly so. It is sad that China can actually critisize Australia because of our human rights record. That's right, every time Australia and China have high level talks, we are inclined to comment on their human rights violations, to which they simply retort "what about the Aboriginals?" (of course in a far more diplomatic manner.

The fact that you believe it is ok to take children away from their parents to "give them a better chance" instead of adressing the underlying factors which ensure that they have less oppurtunity in their native community just shows how perverted you logic is. I am not saying this to cause offence, but imagine if you lived below the poverty line, had two children you held dear to you and someone simply came and took them away. You would be crying injustice as most of the children from the stolen generation do. It may have been well intended policy, but none-the-less in practice it was racist. In essence, the segregation of the Aboriginal community continues.

In economics their is a chart which measures how many persons their are in a certain age group (i.e. 70-85 years old). In Australia we seperate the Aboriginal from the non-Aboriginal chart in order to not embarass our selves compared to other countries. The non-Aboriginal chart is typical of a first world industrial country. It is an hour glass figure. We have many children, less middle aged people and many elderly (due to the baby boom after WW2). The Aborignal chart is typical of a third world country. It has many childre, fewer adults and even fewer elders. It is rather alarming in fact.

You can chose to burry your head in the sand and wave your flag calling yourself a patriot as much as you want. (in fact I completely support the act of supporting ones country and wrapping oneself in a flag, even though I think as a people we should be above such nationalism). A real patriot would actually adress their countries problems and try to fix them. Put it this way. I feel as if we have nothing to be proud about. Our constitution does not garuantee us freedom of speech, the natives of this land continue to live in practical serfdom and many of us have xenophobic tendencies. Immigrants are despised even though Australia is a nation of immigrants, built by immigrants for immigrants. From the English, to the Chines, to the Greeks, Italians and Eastern Europeans. To the Vietnemese and the Burmase and to the Persians. Now it is Africans, Sudanese, Iraqis and Arabs that are bringing their culture and continuing to build our multi-cultural tradition.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave

Originally posted by Indigo2
reply to post by mungodave

What make you think that poeple are coming here and trying to change your way of life?
where did this common delusion spring from?

Start here

en.wikipedia.org...

I can tell you now, Mungodave, not to believe what you read and have seen in the media about the Cronulla Riots. I can tell you from experience, because I have lived in Cronulla my whole life. The first mistake in the Wikipedia article is the statement "N.S.W. police had been recording racial and ethnic tensions and incidents in and around Cronulla since October 2005.". Well the Police musn't have been doing much work, because there has been tension here since the early 1960's. My parents have lived in Cronulla since the 1940's onwards, and there have always been problems between locals and "blowins".

There are MANY reasons why there has been tension. Racism is 1, but the way the people that come here and act is another. I can honestly tell you that some of the people that visit Cronulla have EXTREMELY bad attitudes, and have had people say to friends that have lived here their whole lives "What the hell are you doing in MY area?", when they aren't even local.

I can also tell you, as a local, we have no problems with people visiting Cronulla. Which would YOU prefer if someone visited your home town - someone that is respectful of the local residents, or someone who is a rude, abrasive prick?

There is more to what you read and hear about in the media about the Cronulla Riots. And as a local of Cronulla, I can tell you that most locals are ashamed that it happened, but knew it was BOUND to happen at some point. Another unknown fact about the riots is the fact that alot of the people involved in the rioting WEREN'T EVEN LOCALS. From what I have heard from friends in I have in the Police Force, elements of the Bra Boys were involved, Bikies were involved, and just random people from other area's looking for a fight were involved too. That and the fact that Alan Jones was convicted of helping incite the Riots with inflamatory comments on his radio show didnt help either. But I have derailed the thread.

As for the topic - well I personally don't put much credibility in the Survey, considering only 102 people were surveyed. Using 102 people to represent a nation of over 20 million people is a pretty ignorant thing to do. I could post a Survey on my Facebook page and have a bigger sample size than what this Professor has. Does that make my Survey more accurate? Most likely, but I still wouldn't do it for the fact that it wouldn't accurately represent the Nation of Australia as a whole. Hell, the only way you could do that is actually survey EVERY person in Australia, and even then, it's impossible considering babies can't read, write, or grasp the basics of what's going on.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

*sigh*

I've already answered this question go and find my response yourself.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

You response makes me doubt that you even read my post. It wasn't a question, it was a statement. There is nothing to answer.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I won't buy into the arguments here on this thread. All I'm here to say is:

I'm Australian!
I love my friendly country!
I respect the Aboriginals and love their culture.
.. and I wouldn't want to be any other place in the world!

IRM

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by Jace26

You can chose to burry your head in the sand and wave your flag calling yourself a patriot as much as you want. (in fact I completely support the act of supporting ones country and wrapping oneself in a flag, even though I think as a people we should be above such nationalism). A real patriot would actually adress their countries problems and try to fix them. Put it this way. I feel as if we have nothing to be proud about. Our constitution does not garuantee us freedom of speech, the natives of this land continue to live in practical serfdom and many of us have xenophobic tendencies. Immigrants are despised even though Australia is a nation of immigrants, built by immigrants for immigrants. From the English, to the Chines, to the Greeks, Italians and Eastern Europeans. To the Vietnemese and the Burmase and to the Persians. Now it is Africans, Sudanese, Iraqis and Arabs that are bringing their culture and continuing to build our multi-cultural tradition.

Aborigines do live in serfdom, perhaps, but it is not of our doing. Its the fact that they refuse to leave their lands where their is little to no opportunity out there for them. They want to live on their lands but at the same time want everything we have, which isn't possible. The government has been trying in recent years to get the indegenous to leave their lands and live in rural towns like Alice Springs. However, this has not only caused racial tension, but is also being described as ethnic cleansing which is utter bull#.
The government is trying to move them to areas that have sufficient services, if the indigenous want to complain so much about their situation then why don't they go back to their 'nomadic' lifestyle?

The stolen generation was where Aboriginal children were taken from their parents who were deemed unfit and then put into white households. Take a look at the descendents of the stolen generation and see how well off they are compared to the indigenous still living in the bush. Since the policy ended a new term has been used to describe the current generation "the LOST GENERATION".
In fact it has become so bad in some areas, that the local indigenous tribes have called on the government to assist and to help their children, ie "The Stolen Generation 2.0".
The government however, refused saying it didn't want to be blamed by future generations for the lost generation and so basically told the Aborigines you have to sort it out yourselves.

I'm a proud Australian, and nothing more. I don't cape myself in the flag nor do I feel the need to show how patriotic I am. You feel as though we have nothing to be proud of?

Australia was built in less than 200 years into a modern, wealthy, and healthy country while others who are thousands of years older still wallow in the mud.

Australia became independent without a war, without suffering, and has equal opportunity,*cough,cough*. Although if you are an Aboriginal you can never be fired from your job, don't pay tax, recieve welfare, given free housing, free university, free healthcare, while I have to pay for EVERYTHING. Quite fair.

Australia was built by immigrants yes, but by white immigrants not anyone else. By the time other races such as Asians, Arabs, Africans etc, began arriving we had already created our own identity and culture. This is why immigrants are despised because,
A: They did not contribute to the building of Australia.
B: They did not fight for this country during its darkest hour.
C: They refuse to integrate, and when told to use the race card.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Jace26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm born in Australia and lived here my whole life, but I don't need to wear the flag like a Superman cape and going around telling "non looking Australians" to get out of my country. And for every "Australian" that goes around doing this should have a good look into the Aboriginal past of Australia and ask themselves why an Aboriginals shouldnt be allowed to go up to you cape wearing bogans and say "get out of my country". And considering that Australia is a MULTI-CULTURAL society I'd like to know what makes these cape wearing bogans think they have priority over others ???
I just had a nice quiet BBQ with family and friends, no one felt the need to dispespect the flag by wearing it as a cape or seeing who could spend the most on Australia Day merchandise as if its some sort of badge of honour. It is not only the height of ignorance, it is the perfect description of stupidity !
I'm a proud Australian, but with every Australia Day that passes i get more and more ashamed to call myself Australian purely due to the down right ignorance of you cape wearing bogans who want to act as everyone elses spokesperson, when you clearly lack the intelligence to understand what it takes to be a real Australian. Its not how "patriotic" you act on Australia Day that makes you and Australian, its how you act and what you do for the other 364 days of the year that makes you Australian.
And going by the last 5 years on Australia Day, who are the ones that go around acting in a manner that ruins the fun for ALL Australians....................are the flag-cape wearing bogans, enough said !

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

You are VERY wrong. Chimps only share 96% of DNA with humans. And all humans are thought to stem from africa due to mitochondrial DNA tests and chromosome tests. Not that it matters where we started at because our DNA as a collective is 99% similar.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.scientificamerican.com...
edit on 1/25/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus
I'm born in Australia and lived here my whole life, but I don't need to wear the flag like a Superman cape and going around telling "non looking Australians" to get out of my country. And for every "Australian" that goes around doing this should have a good look into the Aboriginal past of Australia and ask themselves why an Aboriginals shouldnt be allowed to go up to you cape wearing bogans and say "get out of my country". And considering that Australia is a MULTI-CULTURAL society I'd like to know what makes these cape wearing bogans think they have priority over others ???

Firstly, Aborigines are not a united people. A large majority of indigenous people still refer to temselves as being of the ( ) clan etc.
Therefore, they did not have a country, because at one point they too migrated here and wiped out the megafauna. Aboriginals have contributed next to nothing in the construction of this nation, so they don't really have anything other than "its my land" to fall back on.
The reason why these "cape wearing bogans" feel they can tell others to go back to where they came from is because;
A: Those people did not build Australia
B: Those people did not fight for Australia
C: Those people do not respect Australian culture or values

This is all ammo people use to say they have more of a right to be here than others who have only arrived recently.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Heres a few Aussie songs for Aussie day.

Im proud to be an Aussie.

Ps . I hope my fellow Aussies Enjoy and that they are just as drunk as me right now

Pss. I was security woking on cold chisels dressing room door when they were in newcastle a couple of months ago.
And also, we are kicking India's ass at the cricket at the moment so im also proud of that.
Aussie, aussie, aussie, oi ,oi, oi

edit on 25-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

No you are wrong, recent research has proven Euros/Asians are connected by a common ancestor which most believe to have probably been a variation of the Neanderthal.

While Africans have been proven to be descendents of a earlier primate known as a 'human'.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

You're missing my point. The mentality of the flag-cape wearing "Australians" is to tell others to leave their country, as the basis of their point is that they were here before the people they are saying it to. So why can't Aboriginals say the same to them as they were here before the flag-cape wearing bogans who preach this rubbish, considering they were here before those pointing the finger at others, just to point out the stupidity of having that mentality. And you might want to have a look into how many Aboriginals have served in the Australian military in various wars to protect ALL Australians of any cultural background in Australia. Or the Aboriginals that work and get taxed which contributes to our country. And if Australia is classed as a multi-cultural society, which it is, then why does one culture get to have priority over others ????

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Then post sources like I did. Until then, you are wrong

Asians and Europeans bread with Neanderthals but that doesn't mean we are still not 99% alike. The humans that bread with Neanderthals CAME FROM AFRICA. And on top of that Neanderthals were 99.5% alike in DNA. Like my sources in the previous post said so.

Again, you said all animals on Earth are 99% alike when chimps are only 96% alike DNA wise. I can't take you seriously if you get a simple fact like that wrong.

I can say Unicorns are real, doesn't make it so.

Neanderthal: 99.5 Percent Human

www.livescience.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.scientificamerican.com...

Scientists have sequenced the genome of the chimpanzee and found that humans are 96 percent similar to the great ape species.

Whether you hail from Surbiton, Ulan Bator or Nairobi, your genetic make-up is strikingly similar to that of every other person on Earth, an analysis concludes today. Although scientists have long recognised that, despite physical differences, all human populations are genetically similar, the new work concludes that populations from different parts of the world share even more genetic similarities than previously assumed. All humans are 99.9 per cent identical and, of that tiny 0.1 per cent difference, 94 per cent of the variation is among individuals from the same populations and only six per cent between individuals from different populations.

Y Chromosome Study Suggests Asians, Too, Came from Africa

edit on 1/25/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

No, I presume their point is actuality that those who choose to emigrate to Australia should appreciate Australian culture and identity. You do not have to adopt Australian customs and traditions, just show respect towards the Australian way of life. It's pretty simple really.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus
reply to post by Jace26

You're missing my point. The mentality of the flag-cape wearing "Australians" is to tell others to leave their country, as the basis of their point is that they were here before the people they are saying it to. So why can't Aboriginals say the same to them as they were here before the flag-cape wearing bogans who preach this rubbish, considering they were here before those pointing the finger at others, just to point out the stupidity of having that mentality. And you might want to have a look into how many Aboriginals have served in the Australian military in various wars to protect ALL Australians of any cultural background in Australia. Or the Aboriginals that work and get taxed which contributes to our country. And if Australia is classed as a multi-cultural society, which it is, then why does one culture get to have priority over others ????

NO ,NO , we get your point, But your point is invalid.
Aboriginals get enough of a start in life, they get more then rest of us all.

And if Australia is classed as a multi-cultural society, which it is, then why does one culture get to have priority over others ????

My thoughts exactly so why do Aboriginals get priority over everyone else in this country.

And just remember, those that scream out racist are the most racist of all.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

And many of those who did come here from another country do try intergrate into Australian society, and even participate in Australia Day celerations, then get abused by idiotic flag-cape wearing bogans and told to 'get out', just because they look a little differently. And a lot of those people that came here from another country are more willing to work the jobs that these flag-cape wearing bogans class themselves as too good to do. Ironically, if you looked deep enough you'd probably find that these bogans are more than likely on the dole bludging off the tax payer, contributing nothinng to the country themselves while pointing the finger at those who do contribute but may of arrived at a later date or look different to them. And in another case of irony, a lot of those bogans that claim to have no money and need Centrelink assistance seem to find enough money to drape themselves hundreds of dollars of Australia Day merchandise, at taxpayer exspense.......hmmmmm ???

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Wow you take this very seriously don't you? Its not "having a go at you", I'm just saying there is scientific consensus that states Euros/Asians are not descendants from migrants out of Africa. The most likely being is that Neanderthals mated with humans which then created modern Euros/Asians.
Also its spelt "bred" not "bread".

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

My point is, those who tell others to get out of "their" country to others that came here after them, can have their entire arguement blown out of the water by an Aboriginal saying the same to them.
And those who act on racists mentalities are actually the most racist of all. NOT those who scream it ! But a racist will always try and defend their actions and mentalities and try and twist it back to those pointing it out !

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

Honestly, look at what you just wrote. Its the same thing as before which I already answered. Gosh people are stupid.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Everyone is a hypocrite. It's natural.
Some are bigger than others and these pc morons are the biggest.
Thank god in India, we have'nt got these nutters.
These are'nt faithful to the country they live in. What a shame and they should be punished??
Country is bigger than any individual or a group of idiots....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join