It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Aussie flag on car 'more racist'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo2
reply to post by phatpackage

Do you even know what Australia day represents to the aboriginal people of our country?
you say go and get stuffed which just shows how terribly ignorant you are.

Australia Day (previously known as Anniversary Day, Foundation Day, and ANA Day)[1] is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, the date commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788 and the proclamation at that time of British sovereignty over the eastern seaboard of New Holland.[2]
en.wikipedia.org...

you say it is a day to show your aussie pride? well i say it is a time to reflect on how the british conquered and destroyed a culture.
Your get stuffed attitude is shared with many in our country and its very sad.
I believe "Invasion Day" is the correct name for it.
Not everyone who flys the australian flag and has a southern cross tattoo is racist but i do believe a large portion are ignorant.

Just because I don't agree with you I am ignorant? Well that's a real Neanderthal attitude you have there!

I am of first fleet heritage and do not need the history lesson from likes of you! It's Australia Day let us have our one day!

You may call it "invasion day" but if you want to put it like that the superior (Superior in fighting ability only .... not as people) warrior won! Did they not? Remember you started it!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

What make you think that poeple are coming here and trying to change your way of life?
where did this common delusion spring from?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

You MUST be joking. Every race has every right to take pride in their culture and not be scoured for the sins of their fathers.

Are you a sociologist or an anthropologist? Do you have ANY life experience? Pride in own culture to dumb people: (read nationalists) means putting down other cultures because their own culture has NOTHING of value(Australian culture really has NOTHING except for genocide).

Sins of fathers? Grow up. Everybody pays a price and I bet that if you are a blabbering racist that your son or daughter will pay the price through karma. It's just the way things work apparently.

Taking pride does not necessitate superiority and anyone who thinks so has an obvious distorted perception.

I'm a person who has pride in his roots. However, when I speak of my roots, a whole bunch of anglo-saxons feel threatened (but most of all: jealous, that's a big anglo-saxon thing) because they do not have the same roots yet they want to feel the same pride(retardos). I do not put any other culture down(unless it is barbaric beyond debate) nor did the people from my roots.

I can assure you, with those who have "pride in a flag" rather than actual knowledge about their culture; their pride means that others are less than them. Take it or leave it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo2

What make you think that poeple are coming here and trying to change your way of life?

It's called projection. It means that they would try to change the way of life of people living elsewhere, were they to go to a different place...ow wait...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

reply to post by mungodave

Start here

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Just because I don't agree with you I am ignorant? Well that's a real Neanderthal attitude you have there! I am of first fleet heritage and do not need the history lesson from likes of you! It's Australia Day let us have our one day! You may call it "invasion day" but if you want to put it like that the superior (Superior in fighting ability only .... not as people) warrior won! Did they not? Remember you started it!

Wow and what a brilliant attitude you have. Warrior won?
guns and weapons versus spears? warrior won? ignorant fool and you ahve the nerve to say i have a neanderthal attitude?
edit on 25-1-2012 by Indigo2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo2

Cant you see that every free man has the right to not like something about his homeland without getting told well leave or get stuffed

What do you honestly expect when people like you shove the "Invasion Day" thing in our faces. i'm not sorry for things other people did. I feel sorry for as in some "pity" but will never say sorry as in accept liability or ownership for things people did before I or my grand parents were born. Nor will I judge them for their actions No way!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Nice vague ignorant generalizations there...

Have you noticed that not a single "proud" person can distinctly say what it is they are proud of?

The generalizations that I made were to illustrate that point, but sure, demonize all you want, after all - one intellectual on one side does not make for an intellectual debate.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo2

No you are the ignorant one. Oh jeez guns. At least they were smart enough to invent them! Anytime you want!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Have you noticed that not a single "proud" person can distinctly say what it is they are proud of?

Can you not read? I have supplied your answer in great detail not generalisations!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo2

i think that its the people who cry racism that need to learn some tolerance i.e to tolerate....doesnt mean you have to like it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by Chadwickus

Nice vague ignorant generalizations there...

The generalizations that I made were to illustrate that point, but sure, demonize all you want, after all - one intellectual on one side does not make for an intellectual debate.

yeah i know. ive never understood it myself. i think the problem lies in australian culture. we have a long history of being paraniod of a another race invading our way of life but most can't tell you what that way of life is except for vague charactor generalisations.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

And you're here just trying to play the big ol' Aussie skinhead...please, go to your local pub according to your traditions, get drunk then start a fight. That's what most anglo-saxons who are "proud of their country" do anyways...remember, I'm not an ignorant person and I'm not shy so I'll just call you out.

Now that is as racist as it gets! You are a disgrace to Australia with that sort disgusting attitude! Call me out ay? I'm waiting! Aussie Pride! Bit off a bit more than can chew here!

Your post eludes you share the same racist views as the nutty professor mentioned in my original post!
edit on 25-1-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

he doesn't understand irony or tolerance.pure ignorance.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
National identity and respect for diversity can coexist and are even mutually dependent in my opinion.

How can I respect anyones traditions and history if I can't respect and honor my own?

National identity is NOT racism.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

that's a big anglo-saxon thing) because they do not have the same roots yet they want to feel the same pride(retardos).

What the hell rubbish is spewing out of your mouth here? Again you are a racist to the highest degree! We have our roots and are as proud of them as any other race! We feel as good as anybody about our roots! Why don't you "Pull your head in" and not be so racist!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

As someone who has studied Australian History and culture i believe that mpst her including yourself have general misconceptions about this country. Nobody is crying Racism here. Just respect for the actual meaning of Australia Day.
There are fundamental problems in reconciliating with the traditional owners of this country coupled with a fear of genuine asylym seekers.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I'm hoping for an intellectual debate, which is why I'm not going on full attack mode yet, but you need to leave those silly generalizations at the door.

Now, you want to know what makes me proud of being Australian?

I'm proud of our sporting achievements, I'm proud of people like Dr Fiona Wood and Peter Doherty, I'm proud that I can go into town for dinner and can have authentic Indian, Turkish, Thai and Japanese cuisines, I'm proud of my great uncle and my grand father who fought for their country and for their family and I'm proud to call Australia home.

Sorry if doesn't fit a criteria but its what I personally am proud of.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

As someone who has studied Australian History and culture i believe that mpst her including yourself have general misconceptions about this country. Nobody is crying Racism here. Just respect for the actual meaning of Australia Day.
There are fundamental problems in reconciliating with the traditional owners of this country coupled with a fear of genuine asylym seekers.

What are you waffling about now?

Who brought asylum seekers into this?

"If ya cant dazzle em with science, baffle em with BS"

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Do you even know what Australia day represents to the aboriginal people of our country?
you say go and get stuffed which just shows how terribly ignorant you are.

Australia Day (previously known as Anniversary Day, Foundation Day, and ANA Day)[1] is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, the date commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788 and the proclamation at that time of British sovereignty over the eastern seaboard of New Holland.[2]
en.wikipedia.org...

you say it is a day to show your aussie pride? well i say it is a time to reflect on how the british conquered and destroyed a culture.
Your get stuffed attitude is shared with many in our country and its very sad.
I believe "Invasion Day" is the correct name for it.
Not everyone who flys the australian flag and has a southern cross tattoo is racist but i do believe a large portion are ignorant.

You do realise that this has happened in every country since time began, right?

Everyone should be able to exclaim their pride for their country. No matter who took it from who.. Everyone has taken a country from one people or another, one camp, one villiage..

What matters is, what is happening today. Why dwell on the past so much? Will it make you a better person? Will it do anything for you? For others? Will it feed the hungry, move out the "invaders"...

I think the OP is right... Stuff it or Get over it sounds right. Why? Because it's done, nothing you can do about it.. It's history! Get over it! What's more important is the ability to come together as human beings. Personaly I dont care about a label, a race or culture. I have my own culture that is twisted and stolen from us every day.

Maybe priorities of the people as a whole are simply in the wrong place. Dwelling on race and stolen cultures will get ya no where but here... arguing, bickering, fighting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join