It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Aussie flag on car 'more racist'

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
You now see how it is offensive?
Actually I have not once used the word, but you seem to like calling me a "bogan" in previous posts.
I never called you a racist, but merely told you to stop using that word as it is a negative stereotype of white Australians.

If any Australian gets upset or offended because they were called a bogan they need harden up and exchange their uggboots and thongs for some shoes.

for anyone unsure what a bogan is

edit on 26-1-2012 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Is it bad that I'm laughing my guts up now?

The worst part about Australia Day for me is that it falls on my birthday (or vice versa - depending on how you look at it). As a kid I could never have a party on my birthday cause nobody would turn up lol. I ended up celebrating my birthday sometime in February.

Gotta say though, I drove from Hartley (Blue Mountains) to Sydney yesterday and have never seen so many Aussie car flags as this year.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by aorAki

The worst part about Australia Day for me is that it falls on my birthday

I can understand as a young fella it may suck having a bday on the 26th of jan but at least you get a day off for your birthday every year

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by oddnutz

Yeah, it's a bonus lol.

The weird thing is, whenever I see an Aussie flag I associate it with my birthday.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I feel your pain about the birthday on Australia Day, but it could be worse, my birthday is on the 21st December and everyones going to be too busy thinking the world is going to end

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hope everyone had a great "Straya Day" Celebrating the Birth of a great nation.

here's a little Austin Tayshus

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

"Either you respect us as a sovereign people or piss off out of our country," indigenous activist Paul Coe said.

(Source)

What's the definition of a bogan again?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It's not Australia Day until some moron in your street is carted off in the back of a paddywagon.... unfortunately the punter in my street got the time wrong and got carted off at 2.30am on the day AFTER Australia Day...

Oh well, better luck next year

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Firstly, Aborigines are not a united people. A large majority of indigenous people still refer to temselves as being of the ( ) clan etc.
Therefore, they did not have a country

Did you really just say that?

Do you want to know how colonizers of the past referred to other places on Earth where they had special interests?

They called the places the worst kind of things, they called the people living there the worst kind of things...

But above all, because these colonizers did not understand the way of life of the people native to the land, they projected their own way of life onto them. It is exactly what you are doing. So you can never understand that the phenomenon of a country with official borders is something of the last...maybe two-three hundred years?

Look at countries in Africa. Straight borders. Because the colonizers made these countries up, put a ruler on the map and drew lines. Yeh, those natives sure had no country before...

It's like you're from the past...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

A lot of Africans do come here to find work for a better way of life, but many find it hard to gain employment do to the racist mentailies and attitudes of the company/business owners who dont want to employ them because they 'look different'

OK smarty! You talk about proof! Name one company who has done this. No gut feeling BS name one ecompany and the specific person who has done this?

Bet you cannot!

The Australain version of bad is our version of the bogans, yet they seem to have the hide to point the finger at others the most

More racist sentiment again!

starting to breed 4th generation dole bludgers who know nothing better then seeing mum and dad,

You call for proof I call for proof of this exact names & dates of this

Again bet you can't. More runnings!

try to argue that is it somehow racist, which it is NOT !

Yes it has and has been proven yet you still deny! Disgraceful Racist!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by oddnutz

Originally posted by Jace26
You now see how it is offensive?
Actually I have not once used the word, but you seem to like calling me a "bogan" in previous posts.
I never called you a racist, but merely told you to stop using that word as it is a negative stereotype of white Australians.

If any Australian gets upset or offended because they were called a bogan they need harden up and exchange their uggboots and thongs for some shoes.

edit on 26-1-2012 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

have you actually listened to the lyrics? Seems like you need them explained to you! listen closely it is not an attack on people you and other posters call bogans.

But don't victimize him for his way of life, He's sick and tired of hearing people say

Area 7 is actually having a go at peolpe who label people bogans. It is from the point of view of people who are are racially victomised by this term in a negative light!

Goose!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

In 1997, following proceedings in the Legal Services Tribunal, Paul Coe's name was removed from the roll of legal practitioners. The Tribunal found that Coe had sworn an affidavit which he knew to be false in a material particular. The affidavit in question was sworn in the course of family law proceedings, to which Coe was a party, and understated his salary by some $80,000.[6] Coe appealed the decision, but the Supreme Court of NSW Court of Appeal upheld the Tribunal's decision. Both the Tribunal and the Court of Appeal commended Coe's role in advancing the interests of the Aboriginal community, however, the Court considered that Coe was not fit to practise, stating that the Court must be able to trust that barristers appearing before it would act in accordance with the law and would not mislead the Court.[6] Media reports indicate that Coe was subsequently investigated by the Bar Association of NSW for continuing to practise despite being removed from the roll

Paul Coe bahahahah! The above says it all! No cred whatsoever!
edit on 27-1-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
You are ACTUALLY bending over backwards to make sure that you are the same as everyone else. That's why you want your own flag, just like everybody else...but if that makes you feel more accepted, fine have at it. There is however, something wrong with thinking that piece of cloth is worth more than one human being. Or that a piece of cloth makes you intrinsically different from someone else, to the point of discrimination.

Again, a total swing and a miss.

Why do people from clubs? Because of a shared interest. (Culture) Why do people feel the need to wear those club patches, put those stickers on their cars or other belongings? Because it's part of WHO.THEY.ARE. Same with a flag. And despite what YOU think, a flag DOES represent us. Just like a coat of arms, a patch, a sticker or even a tattoo.

If an immigrant doesn't like me flying MY countries flag (it's MINE because it's where MY family is, MY home is and MY job is) then that immigrant can kiss my ass. Honestly, don't like it? Then GTFO. And remember, it's not just MY flag that gets flown, it's a PLETHORA of other flags that mean the same thing to many others.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by AussieDingus

OK smarty! You talk about proof! Name one company who has done this. No gut feeling BS name one ecompany and the specific person who has done this?

Bet you cannot!

Name a company showing that they ARE hiring people of African descent, with proof ! Get off the computer and talk to people of African descent that have been applying for jobs but can never seem to get a start !

The Australain version of bad is our version of the bogans, yet they seem to have the hide to point the finger at others the most

More racist sentiment again!

And considering bogan is NOT a racist term then that it is NOT racist sentiment. It is a slang term used to describe the attitudes and behaviour of those conducting and participating in this form of attitude and behaviour, a slang term that could not exist without those having these attiutudes and behaviour. But yet again you seem to only focus on the word bogan itself, rather then look at the actions, attitudes and behaviour of those that the term bogan describes.

starting to breed 4th generation dole bludgers who know nothing better then seeing mum and dad,

You call for proof I call for proof of this exact names & dates of this

Again bet you can't. More runnings!

Unbelievable, you want proof, then get off the computer, stop focusing on the word bogan and go to Centrelink, ask for THEM for the proof of families that have 3rd and now 4th generation dole bludgers. Why should i do you research for you. I asked for Centrelink proof as to Arabs being the worst offenders of being on the dole as i already know this is not true, and the Centrelink documents and statistics would prove this claim. Whereas i dont need to provide you with proof that we have 3rd and 4th generation dole-bludgers as it is common knowledge that it does happen, and if you want exact names and dates, then get off the computer and start looking around the country you live in and go to Centrelink yourself and asked for the documentation. If we didnt have any 3rd and 4th generation dole bludgers then you'd be able to prove my comment wrong straight away, but rather than do this you honestly expect me to name every EXACT person and name of those doing it.

Yes it has and has been proven yet you still deny! Disgraceful Racist!

NO, it has NOT been proven, you have only given your own opinion based on your own mis-interpretation of a slang term used to describe the attiutudes and behaviour of those that the term applies too. Yet it is YOU in denial about this and you constantly turn a blind eye to these attitudes and behaviour and have the hide to call me racist when i have made no such claim, as the word bogan is NOT a racist term, and all so you can carry on with you disgustingly one sided thread that clearly shows you are the one with a racist menatlity, and like most racists they are the ones to usually point the finger at others. Its the classic trait of a bogan, traits you seem to be displaying in all its glory. And when you have to quote a fake character out of Crocodile Dundee as some sort of justification to your one sided arguement, then you didnt really have one in the first place. And to use a quote from your ignorant OP, if you dont like the word bogan and keep mistakingly classing it as a racist term.......then "go and get stuffed". You not only seem to defend bogans, but you are a disgraceful racist living in denial !
The word bogan is NOT racist

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

And have you read the name of the song....................'nobody likes a bogan"..........well that is nobody other then bogans. And if many bogans now embrace being called a bogan and wear it as a badge of honour, then does that mean they are racist too for using the term to describe themselves considering you falsely claim that being called a bogan is racist, which it is NOT ! Its a bit rich calling others racist for using the word bogan, when many bogans now brag about being one. Your ignorance on this topic is mind blowing ! Its time for you to stop arguing on a computer with anyone that doesnt see it your way and time to get out and start looking at the country you claim to live in !

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo2
reply to post by phatpackage

Do you even know what Australia day represents to the aboriginal people of our country?
you say go and get stuffed which just shows how terribly ignorant you are.

Exactly, and "go and get stuffed" is the classic response of the ignorant with no other valid arguement to give. The survey said it MAY, not IS, but MAY be more racist ! And based on the resulst of the survey where twice as many people that flew the flags on cars believed the racist White Australia poilicy was a good thing, compared to almost half the amount of people who believed it was that didnt fly flags on their cars. It never said only those that fly the flag on their cars are racist, the survey showed that those who did fly the flag on their cars were almost twice as likely to have racist attitudes and believe that a racist poilicy was a good thing. But Phatpackage has completely missed this point and the only arguement he can put forward is to call others rciast for using the term bogan,which it is NOT, or tell the person that did the survey to "go and get stuffed" and quote Crocodile Dundee characters.You phatpackage have no arguement and your own racist attitudes have been exposed for all to see, but you have no one to blame but yourself as you started the ignorant thread in the first place !

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Why do people from clubs? Because of a shared interest.

You need to look into actual historical fact rather than your own narrow mind for answers.

a flag DOES represent us

You must be a real lifeless muppet for a lifeless piece of cloth to represent you.

(it's MINE because it's where MY family is, MY home is and MY job is) then that immigrant can kiss my ass. Honestly, don't like it? Then GTFO. And remember, it's not just MY flag that gets flown, it's a PLETHORA of other flags that mean the same thing to many others.

You really are dumb aren't you? If you would have read the article you would have seen that it says that people who fly their national flag are more likely to be a racist. And here we have you, someone who really likes to wave a flag(derp derp, you're special)...being a racist. What are the odds?! Could the research be dead-on?! I think it is! You are living proof that the research is correct...unlike your flag that is lifeless proof of your simple mind.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

If you would have read the article you would have seen that it says that people who fly their national flag are more likely to be a racist.

Nope. They are not proven to really be more likely to be racist. Racism is defined as a belief in a genetic supremacy of some race and/or support for racial discriminatory policies (such as white australia policy or affirmative action). People in the article stated the opinion that white australia policy has prevented many problems, not that they support its implementation. This claim is not necessarily racist, it may be simply culturalist. So the article title is misleading.

But I do agree that they indeed tend to be more racist. The difference is not high (cca 20 % at most), but it most probably will be there.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Whether it's racist or not flying the flag is based on intent, IMO.

I guess you could call it a racist gesture if you waved it around like you were supporting a football team and directed it towards "new Australians".

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Nope. They are not proven to really be more likely to be racist.

Yes they are. It's in the research. Care to disprove this? Then set up some research for yourself to find out if it's true or not, trust me - you will be unpleasantly surprised.

But I do agree that they indeed tend to be more racist. The difference is not high (cca 20 % at most), but it most probably will be there.

Let me tell you this, maybe that % is low in Australia (because some do not answer honestly) but regardless of any country, those who stare themselves blind of flags and see so much in a piece of cloth are likely to be racist, dumb and pretty much puppets. This is not a problem that only "whites" have...I don't understand why so much focus is put on that beyond the scope of the article. It could have been in any country as far as I'm concerned...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join