It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Aussie flag on car 'more racist'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It's Australia day soon. Some like to drape themselves in the flag or plaster it everywhere. It is just something we do here. It's called "Aussie Pride"! Some even like to put the "Southern Cross" stickers on their car. But yet some moron sociologist and anthropologist named Professor Farida Fozdar (obviously racist against the bulk of Australians and has the IQ of a house brick) tells us it is racist to be proud of our country around late January (our Summer time).

I know Americans feel this hurt when certain groups complain about the "USA USA USA" chants. Which I personally don't find offensive or aggressive in any capacity. Just people showing patriotic pride.

So to these academics and the aboriginals that call it "Invasion Day" I give yo the famous Aussie saying "Go & Get stuffed!" It's our day let us enjoy it! "Aussie Pride". Farida you know where you can jam your fake, forged and grossly wrong statistics! You disgrace!

www.couriermail.com.au...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
everyone should think their race/country is superior,in other words everyone is racist.either a racist or a liar and you can never trust a liar.these idiots who spout the "you're racist" mantra are lying not only to you but to themselves.water of a ducks back.glad you are a proud aussie,keep up the good work.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Look, it might not dawn on you now or for the rest of your life, but the growing number of people who look at a flag and think: "how could my parents be so dense?" do understand.

A lot of issues in the world will wade away once everyone accepts they are part of the human race and the entire planet. Not just a small plot of land they drew a flag for, a flag for which so many die and so many are sacrificed..a piece of cloth that messes up the nerves of so many...

And don't tell me it's not the cloth that matters, "it's the idea behind it..."

Then tell me, what the hell do Australians have to be proud of? Sports
? And are we talking anglo-saxon Australians? The descendants of criminals? Their slaughtering of the native, original Australians? What is it that you are specifically proud of? Vague answers have been dealt with above.

I think that is the point of the sociologist you're missing.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

everyone should think their race/country is superior,in other words everyone is racist.either a racist or a liar and you can never trust a liar.these idiots who spout the "you're racist" mantra are lying not only to you but to themselves.water of a ducks back.glad you are a proud aussie,keep up the good work.

Intellectual integrity at its lowest, projection at its finest.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I don't think my race is superior to others. That's a childish mentality. Why would you want ANYONE to be a racial supremacist?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
. Farida you know where you can jam your fake, forged and grossly wrong statistics! You disgrace!

Forget it mate.

There is a prick in every bunch of roses.

+2 more 
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Do you even know what Australia day represents to the aboriginal people of our country?
you say go and get stuffed which just shows how terribly ignorant you are.

Australia Day (previously known as Anniversary Day, Foundation Day, and ANA Day)[1] is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, the date commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788 and the proclamation at that time of British sovereignty over the eastern seaboard of New Holland.[2]
en.wikipedia.org...

you say it is a day to show your aussie pride? well i say it is a time to reflect on how the british conquered and destroyed a culture.
Your get stuffed attitude is shared with many in our country and its very sad.
I believe "Invasion Day" is the correct name for it.
Not everyone who flys the australian flag and has a southern cross tattoo is racist but i do believe a large portion are ignorant.

link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

You MUST be joking. Every race has every right to take pride in their culture and not be scoured for the sins of their fathers. Taking pride does not necessitate superiority and anyone who thinks so has an obvious distorted perception.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

What a load of b*ll*cks!,if you want to fly your country's flag mate you go ahead,what does it matter what anyone else thinks.
A lot of Scottish flags are flown here,especially on cars and quite frankly if it offends anyone,they shouldn't be in the country in the first place.

link   

link   

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
We have pride.

We wear it proudly.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

What a disgrace.
a lot of australians subscribe to that message. "if you don't l.ike it then leave" mainly because there is a real fear of foreigners in this country.
Cant you see that every free man has the right to not like something about his homeland without getting told well leave or get stuffed

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The wrongs of history should be acknowledged, but there is nothing wrong with loving your home and being proud of your culture. These days there are people who are very quick to scramble for the 'moral high ground' and scream that this and that is offensive, when really it is not.
edit on 25-1-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

people like you spit on the memory of those who died for the flag.if they didn't you would be speaking german and goose stepping just now.brainwashed wishy washy liberal hypocrite.

1- You do not know me mr. internet karate master.
2- I would not be speaking German, that is a logical fallacy.
3- You do not know where I'm from.
4- I'm less brainwashed(a hell of a lot less) than you.

And you're here just trying to play the big ol' Aussie skinhead...please, go to your local pub according to your traditions, get drunk then start a fight. That's what most anglo-saxons who are "proud of their country" do anyways...remember, I'm not an ignorant person and I'm not shy so I'll just call you out.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
The wrongs of history should be acknowledged, but there is nothing wrong with loving your home and being proud of your culture.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!
Why is this so hard to understand?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Then tell me, what the hell do Australians have to be proud of? Sports ? And are we talking anglo-saxon Australians? The descendants of criminals? Their slaughtering of the native, original Australians? What is it that you are specifically proud of? Vague answers have been dealt with above.

Wow you have a pretty smart mouth and a sarcastic attitude for someone who cowardly sits outside Australia and hurls racist garbage! You are clearly a racist!

1. Yes I descend from Convicts transported to Australia! Yes I am proud of it! Anyone who throws insults about that and is not in the same room is a pussy coward!

2. We are proud that our ancestors came to this land and created a land that is free and a good place to live

3. We are proud that people from all around the world from all different races have come here, contributed to our country and proudly call themselves Australians.

4. We are proud that we have tamed this land (As much as any human can against mother nature)

5. We are proud that such a small nation with a relatively low population has excelled in the sports, business world, the music world, acting and anything else we have set our minds to!

6. We are proud of the beauty of the Australian land.

7. We are proud we have given full support to our British & American allies in any war they have participated in. It's about the pride not the fighting in wars. It's about we stood by our allies even if many did not agree them we were still there! Australians are loyal to the death!

These are just a few things we are proud of. You satisfied you Aussie hater?

That's all Australia Day is about.Being thankful, proud and celebrating things like that but some looney tune academic wants to take that away from us!

Aussie Pride!

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Nice vague ignorant generalizations there...

A tiny percentage of Australian descendants are from convicts, the rest are immigrants that came here on their own free will.

Oh and we're decendants of Aboriginal killers too?

Another tiny percentage...but you knew that I'm sure, you're here to troll and you've failed.

Run along now

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I agree that there is nothing wrong with that but Australia Day is cultural sensitive to the aboriginal people of our country and it seems very few recognise this or even care.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo2
reply to post by mungodave

What a disgrace.
a lot of australians subscribe to that message. "if you don't l.ike it then leave" mainly because there is a real fear of foreigners in this country.
Cant you see that every free man has the right to not like something about his homeland without getting told well leave or get stuffed

every free man has the right to not like something about his homeland .... yes they do, but not mine. If you choose to come here for a better life so be it. Happy for you. But dont come here and try to change our way of life.

Analogy.

Wife decides to say yes ! I love you for what you are and would love to marry you.

Gets married.

Then whinges about your bad habits and tries to change you.........

See where I am going?

The shirt doesnt say p*%# of if you are not an Aussie.

It says if you dont like what you asked for, then just go home !

How would you deal with a friend you invited for lunch complaining about how you BBQ your snags?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join