It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music The Great Communicater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Music is the greatest art form, the only art form to be able to change the way you feel. The only art form that can make you crap. Brown noise, nasty buisness, think of the poor bloke who discovered it.

Who Seconds That

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'll agree that music is the most powerfull art form, but I've seen some people who are influenced by other types. But no form of art has a stronger impact than music.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well....I love music...I'm amusic freak...but I MUST chalenge your opinion. Sure, music is one of the most impactful art forms, but the epitome of art is dance. It combines music, emotion, movement, plot, form, color, etc, etc, etc.

But I agree, music is amazing.

EDIT- oh...and its "communicatOr" with an "o"...hehe.....writing is another great artform
geez im so anal

[Edited on 9-14-04 by Scat]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
No dance is bearly an art form because it is usally other peoples moves.

PS. What does Pop Rocks mean you know like the song by Greenday Pop rock and Coke?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Barely an art form? other people's moves? What are you watching child, Britney Spears videos? Maybe You Got Served? That's not the dancing I'm talking about doll! hahahaha! You need to get to the theater, friend. :-D

Oh no and pop rocks is not a song..... pop rocks is a good way to explain the workings of love. Like this: try to explain the feeling of pop rocks...yeah love is kinda like that.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
So thats what Pop Rocks means, always wonderd bout that.

Britney Spears now thats offencive. Why wouild i want to go to a theatre to see lots of guy in tights spining around on there tip toes because thets be hounest thats what is done and does it change mood (Well it will give you a laugh i guess) but other than that no mood changes no feeling in it. And no. NO EXPRESSION in it.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty

Britney Spears now thats offencive. Why wouild i want to go to a theatre to see lots of guy in tights spining around on there tip toes because thets be hounest thats what is done and does it change mood (Well it will give you a laugh i guess) but other than that no mood changes no feeling in it. And no. NO EXPRESSION in it.

Dude...seriously...tat's lame. You've never been to the theater, and when you have....you probably saw the Nutcracker in the third grade.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thats the best comback you got. I think your a unhelperable case mate sorry.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
I think your a unhelperable case mate sorry.

Is that a word? Do you mean helpless?

Haha, for being so into music and its beauty and unifying powers, you aren't very respecting of other people'es passions. Good one mate.

But honestly, what's with the feuding? How about we all chill my friends?

What music are you into there shorty?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Music Greenday, The Beatles, Metallica and The Chilli Peppers. Anyway i didn't meann to sound disrespect full merly tryed to argue my case i must of come over abit strong.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't know if listening to that kind of music ever changed my mood
...don't get me wrong...I love the groups you've listed - except for the new Craptallica...but I've never felt "spirited away" or "inspired" by listening to their music...I'd rather listen to Mahler...or maybe even some Louis Armstrong...Watch a good foreign flick like Code Unknown or 8 1/2

To say that music is the greatest form of art is very "Sieg Heil"....

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yeah, Metallica never really made me jump out of my seat either, but Enron, you kow the deal eh? Louis is a great artist....but....no offense to him or anything but uhhh...

Miles Davis blows him out of the water. And Billie Holliday..oh my god I love her.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Have you heard Arturo Sandoval's new CD? He layts down 21 (I think..) tracks each in a different trumpeter's style...it's his tribute to them all....being a trumpet player myself, it's incredible to listen to his different ranges that he learned by listening to the greats over and over....some say it's no true tribute to copy-cat, but I think it's amazing...it's called "Evolution of the Trumpet"

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
shorty- no offense taken my frined, hahahha, I just jump on people for not liking dance..I'm a bit partial too it myself and its a sensitive subject hehe.

enron- that sounds great! I'll have to check it out! Ive always wanted to do an album of about 20 songs, eachs ong done in the style of a different artist (but original music) as a tribute to different bands. The songs would be named after the bands (songs would be titled "Beatles" or "Steve Miller band" etc) and the album would be named "Cover."

Hooray!

top topics

join