It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Booed by Insane Debate Audience for Endorsing the Golden Rule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I did a quick search and couldn't see this video posted on ATS yet.

"Don't do to other nations what we don't want them have do to us." - this statement by Ron Paul causes the crowd to actually boo him.

I have only one question: have Americans really been propagandized this badly?

The ironic part is, at the end of the video he's talking about bringing the troops home, and the crowd applauds him.

edit on 25-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Can't believe how anyone could boo that. I agree 100% with Dr Paul. Americans are brought up to believe their country is the best and all other countries should answer to us. That kind of mindset drags us down.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The golden rule is in the bible.

According to Simon Blackburn, although the Golden Rule "can be found in some form in almost every ethical tradition", the rule is "sometimes claimed by Christianity as its own".[42] The "Golden Rule" has been attributed to Jesus of Nazareth: "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them" (Matthew 7:12, see also Luke 6:31). The common English phrasing is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". A similar form appeared in a Catholic catechism around 1567 (certainly in the reprint of 1583).[43] The Golden Rule also has roots in the two old testament edicts, found in Leviticus 19:18 ("Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself"; see also Great Commandment) and Leviticus 19:34 ("But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God").

What a surprise that the fake Christians boo Ron Paul...NOT.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Just ridiculous. Cognitive dissonance at its finest. Me thinks they are told to boo.

It's weird though if they weren't told to boo, it stops making any kind of sense, and here's why:

"Do onto others as you want done onto you" is, to my knowledge, a Christian ideal.

Did these people cheer on the Zionist contestants? Because the Zionists hook into the American populace through religious(read: Christian) ideals.

Yet they boo one of the "biggest" Christian ideals,unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockintitz
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Can't believe how anyone could boo that.
Indeed.

Statements that mirror the Golden Rule appear in Ancient Egypt in the story of The Eloquent Peasant.[8][clarification needed] Rushworth Kidder discusses the early contributions of Confucius (551–479 B.C.) (See a version in Confucianism below). Kidder notes that this concept's framework appears prominently in many religions, including "Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Zoroastrianism, and the rest of the world's major religions".[9] According to Greg M. Epstein, " 'do unto others' ... is a concept that essentially no religion misses entirely."[10] Simon Blackburn also states that the Golden Rule can be "found in some form in almost every ethical tradition".[11]

The Golden Rule

lol...no one ever overlooks this important ethical concept... except Americans.
(in fact they despise it)
edit on 25-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hey not all of us are morons and assholes! Just most of us...

I like to differentiate myself from the rest of everyone in my country today in that I do follow and believe in treating others with respect regardless of whatever race, religion or what have you they follow as long as they'll do the same for me.

If they stay out of my business I'll stay out of theirs.

Unfortunately it seems like most everyone here doesn't understand that concept...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Hey not all of us are morons and assholes! Just most of us...
I know, I know. There are many respectable people in America. Unlike some people, I try not to judge whole nations based on the actions of a few people. I'm just having a little fun, I can't help but make fun of Americans when I see stupidity like this.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The "Golden Rule" has been attributed to Jesus of Nazareth: "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them"

The "Golden Rule", those that own the gold make the rules.

According to Jesus, when in Rome...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
When you are so powerful that other countries are ants in comparison to your power, the golden rule breaks down. Kind of like how classical mechanics breaks down as you get more and more into the microscopic world, but in the reverse.

We are a massive energy consuming country, and we need mass resources to power our freedom-loving everyday lives. Unfortunately, there aren't enough resources to sustain so many Americans. However, we conveniently have the strongest and most superior military technology and armed forces in the world, so we can and should coerce the nations of the world for their resources. If they even think of fighting back, then we destroy them utterly and completely seize their resources. IMO, what we did to Iraq is actually us being merciful. We could eradicated the entire population and seized all of the oil, but the liberals and the RP cultists would be crying "human rights" and "golden rule"...

top topics

join