It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a good time for global change ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I am often wondering if the days we are living right now are "those days" where the change is not only possible but also necessary. I have been trying to compile a list of facts to support that thought. It is easy to think that "we are special", but sometimes i wonder if every generation was thinking the same thing. Are we really living strange days? Are we really special? Is the world in a state that has never been seen before? Should we feel responsible ?

1) We can destroy ourselves.
You all know that we have been producing weapons that could destroy more than 1 Earth and wipe all living things. This is a big realization and it has been true for the last +-60 years. We realize that war is no longer a game, but that it is possible to destroy everything and everyone at once. We hear of that notion so often that sometimes i wonder if it is taken seriously. It is important to realize that the threat is not a natural disaster, but that we are our own threat. We have knowingly produced the means to our own destruction, and it tells a lot about us.

"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars..." -Carl Sagan

2) Communication
We have created the internet. Something that enables us to communicate instantly all over the world and share the information. This is completely new, just like the capacity to destroy ourselves. Maybe it is still to early to tell where this could lead us, but that capacity to communicate has already shown great potential. I often think that if we were able to communicate perfectly "mind to mind" about our needs and expectations in life, every conflict would immediately cease. I would become you and you would become me. We realize what is real : we have more in common than what we thought. Our differences are very little compared to our similarities. The world is becoming a little village.

“Communication is depositing a part of yourself in another person." -Anonymous

3) Free energy ?
We have all heard about those potential free energies, or with very little cost. Is this becoming a reality, or not ? I will let you be the judge of that, but whatever you think, we are gonna need new, clean and efficient energy, because oil on top of its other disagreements, is not infinite. If this was to happen, the change would happen at a greater speed and with greater potential.

“There is not the slightest indication that energy will ever be obtainable from the atom. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will. - Albert Einstein, 1932.”

4) The end of capitalism?
Everyday, we see new reports telling us that the economical situation is bad. I think that capitalism has served his purpose in the past, but it has now become a nuisance. We no longer need an ideology to shape our lives, but we now need an objective method to satisfy the needs of more than 7 billions of human beings, and i said "needs", not "wants" because with the end of capitalism, comes the end for the need of an advertisement industry. Mankind has never been more full of knowledge, of ideas and technological possibilities, and paradoxically inequalities are growing, unemployment is growing. We have everything we need to step up to the next level, only ideologies and artificial problems are stopping us. In my opinion, the end of capitalism is inevitable.

“Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” - John Maynard Keynes

5) Climate change, pollution
Whether you think climate change is man made or not, you have to admit that there is a climate change, and that there is pollution. It is fairly new. We have already started to pollute the area around the planet with debris. More and more endangered species, water polluted, air polluted, food polluted, etc. I don't know where to start and where to end on that matter. It is showing that we need to change, it is showing that we need to change not only for ourselves but also for everything that lives on this planet, because we are connected, morally and physically.

6) Overall discontentment and 2012 prophecies
Whether you think the 2012 prophecies are real or not (i don't), i have to admit that the timing is perfect. If the days we are living were a work of imagination, a tale, it would be a best seller, because even if there was no prophecy, i can't imagine the world going like that a lot longer. It's as if we made everything we could for an end of days prophecy to appear. Aside from that, there is a global discontentment, a global revolutionary spirit in the air. People don't trust their governments any more, they also distrust the mainstream media.a little bit more everyday.

That's all i can think of for the moment. Feel free to add your own facts or feelings regarding the possibility or the necessity for a deep change. Do you think these are the days ?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
We will not destroy ourselves, It is not us that are making things bad for everyone else. If we get killed or destroyed, it will not be at our own hands. It will be the global elite that caused it. Not us.
The time for global change is now, or soon, I dont know what we're going to do if nothing changes. I crave the change, and if it does not come then i will have no use in this world. I don't like living, knowing what i know, and knowing i can't do # about it. Capitalism has failed.

People bitch about communism, because of its extremeness
Yet capitalism is the same, just the opposite extreme.

Communism = the slaves being treated equal
Capitalism = the slaves getting minimal while the already rich get richer.

And as for free energy, that would solve next to all our problems. Money would become useless after a few years of having free energy, because money is just that, energy expended (actually, energy owed)

I can't wait for the system to go, I can't wait for the global elite to be brought to justice. I will find great pleasure when the time is near, and we as a species will have a chance to make our own decisions for our own future.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I hope this isn't the time for a deep, global change. We don't have anyone or anything to pick up the pieces.

Do we need a leader or a governing body? Who might that be?

Will the people make all the decisions themselves? Some decisions, maybe. But, how do we decide on the future of space flight, or fracking, or how much money to put into what kinds of cancer research?

How do the people manage to run their own lives and the life of society (and the world) as a whole?

A global change? What proportion of the world can read, do simple math, or understand a New York Times editorial? (I take that back, no one can understand a New York Times editorial.)

No, as ugly as it sounds, I'm not ready to want a fundamental change to the US. It really needs to be repaired, but not thrown out, yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
i think we have created a reality bubble in which we live..

the real reality is much like the happenstance of a lightning strike in dry tinder of a forested area...

the strike might ignite a small fire, but wind conditions and more dry fuel that lays down-wind
can cause the small fire to grow

the spark then becomes a 10,000 acre conflageration in many circumstances,
the overgrown forest with all the underbrush gets reduced to ashes, thus making room for new growth
and creating space for a habitat that some creatures find beneficial as opposed to the old forest...

there was no malicious thought or horrendous catcalysm which initiated the accidental terraforming
it was just nature going about it's business

out with the old - in with the new
that works for civilizations too....because entropy took over from Nature,
see society conquered Nature and Entropy rose to fill the void...just as water seeks its own level

any perceived 'collapse of civilization' is just a small lightning fire... it will be a few of us plotting misadventures that will fan the flames and cause the mega acre destruction to ensue.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

As my signature says "I am not the sharpest bulb in the drawer." I'm going to need some help in deciphering your metaphor.

Is your position that we are approaching a total civilizational collapse that will throw us back centuries and the few remaining survivors will have to live off the land while they remake civilization? Mass starvation and disease until the tough ones resurface to start again?

If I'm missing your point, please try again.

top topics

join