It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulsating (sound) aircraft? (West Coast)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It was about 24 hours ago almost exactly. I actually decided to stay awake tonight in case it decided to fly over again. My laptop actually picks up audio pretty well so I am going to attempt to record it.
That is, if it decides to grace me with it's precense again.

This sounded like nothing I've heard before - so I'm interested to see if anyone can perhaps help me identify it.

Time: About 3:00 AM Pacific

Conditions: Utterly foggy.

So, last night Leonard Nemoy was telling me about the West African tribe called the Dogons. Great documentary, but that's neither here nor there. (Or is it? Heh)

I think I hear some thunder off in the distance, which doesn't surprise me because the weather has been crap recently.
And then it turns out to be a very loud, pulsating sound generated by some sort of aircraft flying fairly slow above my town.
I make the quick (but dangerous) decision to wake up my girlfriend lying next to me - this thing is still flying over us as she wakes to join me at the window.

The loudness could only be compared to thunder - it had some crazy range. As we listened to it pass, it was still very audible.

It was just so weird and loud. She hasn't heard of anything like it and neither have I.
It must have lasted for over a minute.
I heard it from beginning to end - and I cannot tell you which direction it came from due to the heavy fog.

So yeah, if you want any more info let me know. Really curious what kind of aircraft makes this noise.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hello mate,

my first question is, when you use the word "aircraft", you reffer to some kind of airplane right?
Was it a known or unknown flying object?
If this is not bull# then it could be leading us to some kind of explaination for all the alleged sounds heard lately (personally I still think it's some kind of meme that escaped from the internet into reality)...
So basically if you recognised a plane (be it military, commercial, or unknown) then it would tend to either commercial hoax gone way too far (movie release, etc) or a political Hoax related to terrorism (innoculate fear to a population).
If the craft was a UFo then that's an other story...

Peace

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Okay, slow down.

I thought I explained myself all right - but I'll try to do better.

I don't know what this was. I am assuming it was an air craft, because that's what my basic instincts tell me.

In no way am I comparing this to those sounds found throughout the web. But I am going to be up front and admit I was looking up UFOs as this happened.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I mean seriously, could this just be a blimp?

Because I've seen UFOs, but this is the first time that I have "heard" them.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
What part of the west coast are you located? I am currently in the 510 area for work and heard a low rumbling last night but chalked it up to psycho somatic auditory hallucinations due to all the hub bub sky noise jargon.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Interesting. I'm on Highway 1. I wish I could tell you what direction it came from... My feeble guess would be South.

What your rumbling noise also pulsating in a steady pattern?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
could be an experimental pulse detonation engined aircraft? it would explain the type of sound you heard?

top topics

join