It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Geoffrey Rush named Australian of the year 2012 ..... Disgraceful!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
www.heraldsun.com.au...

Hmmmmmm! I can think of people in OZ more deserving than Mr Rush. A good actor all the same but not 100% deserved!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-1-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Naming him as Aussie of the year doesn't count.

I didn't get a vote, did you?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Not an Aussie so not up to me (or most of you it seems!
) but how about instead of Geoffrey Rush that young lad that saved his brother in the floods? Surely that is just one (probably of many) examples of a more deserving winner?

On the plus side, he makes a good pirate!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by UsualSuspect
Naming him as Aussie of the year doesn't count.

I didn't get a vote, did you?

No unfortunately! Yeah that reeks!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

On the plus side, he makes a good pirate!

Yes he does

but how about instead of Geoffrey Rush that young lad that saved his brother in the floods?

Yes that was one that sprung to mind as well. They're were other who have done extreme "Charitable" work and others who have been Mega achievers in the business world. Definitely will not be that cowardly pedophile Peter Roebuck!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Quills is a great movie, gotta say.

Whether he deserves Australian of the year is up to you - but if you don't want him, he's got my vote in the U.S

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

but if you don't want him, he's got my vote in the U.S

You only say that because you do not know many Australians and their exploits. Again, he is a good actor though. There are more important things in this world than acting. Angus Young (yes he has been an Australian citizen for nearly 50 years) is more deserving, more talented and made a truck load more money! Just one example!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
Angus Young (yes he has been an Australian citizen for nearly 50 years) [....], more talented

That's a good one.
Angus "I can only play 3 Riffs and two styles of songs: faster Hard Rock and pseudo-Blues Rock" Young is completely overrated

Of course they only name and nominate famous people for such awards. Nobody is interested in 'normal' people.
Rush is an incredibly talented actor (watch Shine or Quills or The King's Speech) and entertained millions of people.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Better than Lee Keraghan (2008 winner)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

LOL! Lee has to be one worst "Rhythm" guitar (could not play lead to save his butt) and sad excuse for a singer that even stepped on a stage here!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
John Wayne Parr should be Aussie of the year. All round top bloke he is.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
up until the dreadful Angry Boys, it should have been Chris Lilley.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Angus "I can only play 3 Riffs and two styles of songs: faster Hard Rock and pseudo-Blues Rock" Young is completely overrated

Bet you would not have a hope in hell beating him in a guitar duel and he is nearly 60 years old! Hell I bet i could even beat you with just a A minor pentatonic scale in the AUSSIE "Hard Rock and pseudo-Blues Rock" style as you put it! Remember Van Halen is only a "pop band" (you may have to google that to find the humor). Overrated my Butt! He is an entertainer on par (and will be remembered with the same affection) with any of the Beatles or Rolling Stones! No matter how many or little chords, notes or scales he plays!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
John Wayne Parr should be Aussie of the year. All round top bloke he is.

Wow! John is good bloke. I met him about 15 years ago. Impressive fighter and impressive man!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Definitely is mate! I met him a couple of years ago. So humble and inspiring. I think he definitely deserves Aussie of the year, in fact, i might nominate him

edit on 25-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
MARK JACKO JACKSON....best Aussie...ever!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
MARK JACKO JACKSON....best Aussie...ever!!!

You know I'm a bigger "individual" than him! LOL!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
When I think of the Australian of the Year I think of 2010 winner Psychiatrist and incredible idiot Patrick McGorry who wanted to initiate pre-drugging of school children in his self acclaimed "Brave new world", how is that brave? it is cowardly and a fascist regime that would cause more harm taring families apart that would rightfully appose having their children drugged for imaginary illnesses they haven't got 'yet' and probably never would get just because they ticked the right box or have natural ups and downs that people learn to cope and evolve through.(worse is that it would be assumed to be 'child abuse' for families to refuse to give toxic chemicals to kids because McGorry's tests say they need it for future illness's they might get in the future, like it is for rightfully doubting vaccination effectiveness--- all being on-going NAZI agenda maybe

(still looking into the connection between pre-hitler eugenics and torture of 'sub-humans' by the psychiatrists that inspired Hitler. Psychiatrists torturing and killing hundreds of thousands somehow managed to escape war-crime convictions to immigrate to mingle with like-minded American psychiatrists. Also how the company that developed the Gas used to exterminate people in concentration camps and Psych wards prior 'I-Farben' split after the war to form many Pharmaceutical companies in Germany and maybe the US, it probably goes deeper, Rockefeller etc... Thats why I loosely call him a NAZI still yet to prove all Psychiatrists are ). .
[ I heard somewhere vaguely (don't take my word for it, maybe it is a bit out of context, not meaning it as evidence to the theory that McGorry is actually supporting a Nazi agenda, more likely that he is not aware of what he's doing or has succumbed to the lure of financial incentives from drug companies and cheap stereotypes of different groups of people ), that he intends to target Aboriginal communities, something with the supposed link between Cannabis use and Psychosis, since apparently a good portion of them like to smoke Bongs any more then the average Australian I don't know (not that their genetics would necessarily mean they are all at risk of allergic reactions like Caucasians are, maybe they can get away with it]

It would excuse the drug companies making more money from more unnecessary prescriptions of dangerous anti-psychotic and anti-depressants and McGorry himself has financial conflict of interests receiving probably millions from drug companies for his "brave" work in promoting mental health, his financial self interests and drug treatments and wants more from the Australian government and tax payers on top of this to initiate his plans, (unfortunately if he's not successful someone else with financial interests in drugging as many adults and children as possible will do it, like what I believe is happening in America so I hear)... ...

LINK this link has nothing to do with pre-drugging happening in America, it is Citizens Commission for Human Rights about Patrick McGorry...

Notice the typical fear tactics and strong notions western medicine use to get the dogma across to ill-inform/brainwash citizens and families who have children that "desperately" need treatment, BS they haven't got any illness they're just kids growing up
mind you this is coming from a PsychiatristThe Age

"....had falsely claimed that 750,000 young Australians were ''locked out'' of care they ''desperately'' needed. ''He's taken the biggest possible figure you can come up with for people who might have any level of distress or unhappiness, which of course needs to be taken seriously and responded to, but he's assuming they all require...a mental health intervention"
(and probably a stigma and pushing drug requirement for the rest of their lives, with drugs that are known to cause brain abnormalities and inhibiting or retarding spiritual development and self-esteem)

Apparently the method used has 90percent error meaning it would only get it right in 1 out of ten times that a child tested will go on in later life to develop mental illness but there isn't any real evidence (more importantly there is no proof that there is any danger in having the natural course taken in any mental illness to justify using drugs before any illness manifests ..That includes Schizophrenia-that is many myths they use to force early and on-going treatment for the for the benefit of drug companies and rewarded psychiatrists - the drugsthemselves cause the brain abnormalities that 'scientists'(who benefit financially from making these myths up) link to the so called illness Brain Abnormalities not evident in early Psychosis [gone over my data allowance to be able to load at dial-up speed, so haven't seen this link yet, but I guess it is decent]

9 out of ten kids would be put on drugs for no reason. Using drugs on developing brains hasn't even been properly studied, Drugs are known to cause brain abnormalities (search for anti-psychotics brain shrinkage in Monkeys) and I believe is unethical to force it on developing brains.

fiddaman.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Raguel

Hey sorry, but some of my links don't really match up with what I was saying...

I guess It gets my point across that 2010 Australian of the Year was far more disgraceful then having a humble Artist... It sounds to me like Geoffrey Rush will be quite inspired to live up to expectation in using movies to portray more important topics that are going on, who knows what but i believe he will out-do himself ('
')

edit on 25-1-2012 by Raguel because:

edit on 25-1-2012 by Raguel because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by Raguel because: (no reason given)

join