It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAN I BE HELPED??? Post disagppeared while trying to reply....computer gurus pls advise!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well I am wishing that ATS had an automatic save string within the infrastructure. I had been creating a post to the NY TEEN TOURETTES thread and spent almost an hour and half creating with the appropirations of T/C and I went to hit enter and I hit some other button and the entire tab from the browser accordian dissappeared. Is there some way I can find it "forensicall" lol for lack of better term, Basically - is it possible to find it through the general search command or is their a way to locate it through my computer files - which I have an Acer Netbook and I think it is programmed with Linux.

I am almost to tears!! It is so devastating and it is a very important conversation which I was tying a couple other threads which took a lot of time to "highlight" the thread and reason and of course using the noodle in overtime to try and continue through to get it appropirately composed for easy readability. UHHHHHG!!!

I guess I don't want to accept what I think I already know.....that I am SOL. (mods pls don't ding for the acronym at this sad moment.!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Sorry, but I think you are out of luck. Once you leave the reply screen all data entered gets erased.
edit on 25-1-2012 by ExposingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
As many of us, you have learned the hard way to create long post--that no-way you can recreate because it was so wondrous and complete--in MS Word or some similar program and then carried to the ATS screen. Plus, you can spell check your work.

It took me more than one such bad experience to start using that technique.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Depends on what browser you have, try the back and forward buttons. For me in chrome it works sometimes. But you have to do it from the same browser window.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
What I do if I make a long reply here or anywhere for that matter is copy and you can paste it back in if it vanishes like in your case, saves re- typing it again....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

i write them out in notepad++
and copy and paste them in

also i have a firefox addon called Lazarus

that allows me to recover stuff imputed into forms
and it works
i've even had the browser crash or the whole computer
as i have FF set to reopen all tabs were they were when it was closed
[and i think that might yet another add-on]
and when the posting form tab fully loads

theres all or most of my post

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Lesson learned and using word is now my blue print of forward thinking! THX

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

That is a fantastic option to consider. I have an Acer Netbook and this thing crashes constantly...I think too fast for the processor I believe or maybe it is just because it is LINUX based OR could be that IE is being used in conjunction with LINUX....and you get what you pay for. I have been telling myself to use Firefox; especially after I used Google Chrome and had constant crashes.....which I was using while typing the post.

Thanks for the heads up to all! Stars to ya!

new topics

top topics

join