It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

highlights of the state of the Union address

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I personally cannot stand to watch, or hear this lying fake POTUS, however I was curious about what new crap he spewed forth last night, what new grandiose lies he would tell to the public. So CBS put forth the top ten "highlights". What is interesting to me is the LACK of comments after the speech on this same page. Very few have any faith in anything he has to say.
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

I stopped listening at "the war in Iraq has made America safer and more respected"
And "for the first time in nine years there are no Americans in Iraq" (everyone knows mercenaries don't count)

Couldn't take anymore, no matter how well he reads from a teleprompter...
He didn't even start off with " the state of the union is (insert lie here)" went straight to the ego stroking and war propaganda

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
We're out of Iraq? The last I heard there were about 13,000 US troops in Iraq as of November. A number of them would be staying to "train" and modernize Iraq's own army and police. I guess those guys don't count as real troops.

I tuned in to the speech for about ten minutes. All I kept hearing was how we need to spend more money on different projects. It sounded like he wanted tax breaks for everybody and increased spending on every project he could imagine.

Then he started talking about education. He made a big to do about education, but he never adressed the fudamental issue that is hindering education. He never spoke about how the monopolistic control of education by the government has stiffled competition that spurs growth. If you don't have $13,000 a year for a private school there is a sever lack of options. That means there is no incentive for the teachers, principals, administrators, or counselors to give the best they can. It also opens up the doors for corruption and patronage. (I know there are great teachers out there, I had a few.)

I would say it really was just more rhetoric from another career politician trying to keep his job. It has become a matter of spectacle and not much more. The State of The Union has become a chance for presidents to give a yearly campaign speech.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

A small fee on the largest financial institutions will ensure that it won't add to the deficit, and will give banks that were rescued by taxpayers a chance to repay a deficit of trust.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Pay back the deficit of trust? WHY NOT THE ACTUAL MONEY WE BAILED THEM OUT?

new topics

top topics

join