It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanobots . Just how real are they ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I am reading a book by Dan Brown ( Deception Point ) . At the beggining of the book he states that all technology described there-in are real .
In one of the chapters he describes a nanobot , no bigger than a regular fly , that is used for surveilance.
I have searched Google and cannot find any info to back up his claims .
Maybe you guys on ATS are better researched and could point me in the right direction ?

Just one last question . If the technology described by Brown is indeed real , what are the implications for our general privacy ?

Thanks in advance .

Dawnprince

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
If they are real TPTB don't want them listed on the open net.

As for privacy, we haven't had that since before I was born.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It's easy to imagine how paranoid we could become if such technologies were indeed real .
I'm keeping my windows closed from now on lol

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I hate flies as it is. Any flies that don't go after food and or garbage is highly suspect. I have seen some, alas I conquered them and don't think they were nanobots

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

NANObots are usually in reference to tiny machines of microscopic size.

What you're talking about seems to be micro drones, or even the cyborg insects.

Do a google search for cyborg moth, or insect drones, and you'll find lots of informative information on how researchers are implanting electronics into moth larva where once the moth matures into a moth, the electronics are embedded, and the biological moth can be remote controlled.

Other live insects are also being tested.
Why try to mimic natural biology when you can actually use natural biology?

It's quite an interesting field with all sorts of developments.

Imagine a remote control living cockroach that you can steer through pipes, and air ducts through the most secure and guarded facilities to listen in and/or recon what goes on inside.

this is the cool stuff that's being worked on.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Agreed , yes it does appear fascinating , but at the same time , what if these insects were loaded with bacterial weapons? Nobody would be safe .

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I don't think a robot the size of a fly would technically be considered a "nanobot." I'm sure the robotics involved are not beyond our scientists, but once you get that small, its more efficient to create an entity on a cellular level. We have "robots" made of enzymes at this point.

Whatever the problem, there will eventually be a nanobot that can fix it. And then nanobots will be outdated by some other incredible science.

Now THIS is a nanobot.

edit on 1/25/12 by SantaClaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
reply to post by nineix

Agreed , yes it does appear fascinating , but at the same time , what if these insects were loaded with bacterial weapons? Nobody would be safe .

I don't think there's any reason to panic. Sure, what if? There's lots of 'what-ifs' that be applied to real, every day technology. What if some crazed drug addict broke into your house while you were asleep and had a gun?

No point in living in fear. No one is ever safe from everything. Some mad man dictator could get hold of a black market nuke and blow up random city X that you might be living in.

There's lots of what ifs that really could actually happen, but, why worry? What can be done about it? Nothing.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

WOW. That is amazing .
Thank you for posting the vid

new topics

top topics

join