It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noises reported around North Battleford

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

kids playing with a new chemistry set Christmas day comes to mind,,,for sure!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

the Irony of this thread is these sounds were heard by multi people in the town and that it went MSM.
I am with you on the unexplained. My mind has trouble with this instance being a hoax. Imagine the resources to pull off these sounds at the volume. It would take mega dollars or equipment...a Hollywood sound stage would work. But I am thinking they just are not trucked around to Canadian towns and set up to pull of grand Hoaxes
edit on 25-1-2012 by rebellender because: really should start proof reading my stuff here

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yes, well this one has really got my interest, as I have followed this all along...
however...what makes this one really intersting is that the Mayors freinds call him
in the late night and wake him up? So they need to provide a logical explanation,
which is that "scientist" dude. ???

I mean, seriously folks hearing scraping noises in the sky and they call the Mayor!

Well, maybe the "ducting" is more widespread than we know, or at least its more than we are informed about.
edit on 25-1-2012 by burntheships because: tone down sarcasm....

I was the mayor of my small town for 8 years, I got calls when people didn't get their newspaper.

So I don't think it's a stretch that he was called, my phone rang for odd things all the time, it's why I didn't seek a 3rd term.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Noise can travel a long way at night - it's called ducting - mostly a phenomena known for improving radio & TV reception at long range it can work for sound too.

So this is what I reckon it probably is.

So this is what I reckon it probably is.
Sadly it isn't
because the sound is coming from the skies.

That is precisely where ducted energy waves would come from is the sky...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
These sound like someone prancing the town with a loud speaker and either trumpets or other means. After all, it's earlier to make sound travel at night in the winter. These... Just sound too unreal.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I would venture to say that the fun they are having should most likely be made illegal....

Not that we are ever going to find out fully what they ARE doing.

I found another video taken in...Oshawa

I awoke to this strange sound at around 4:30 am. I have no idea what its from.

edit on 25-1-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Yes, thing is this is not naturally ducted sounds,
see this post :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Formation of artificial ionospheric ducts

It is well known that strong electron heating by a powerful HF-facility
can lead to the formation of electron and ion density perturbations that stretch along
the magnetic field line. Those density perturbations can serve as ducts for
ELF waves, both of natural and artificial origin. This paper presents the first experimental
evidence of plasma modifications associated with ion outflows due to HF
heating.

The experiments were conducted using the HAARP heater during times that the DEMETER satellite

flying spp.astro.umd.edu...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

What would be interesting is for someone to mark the cities on a map where these noises have been occurring and see if its limited to a geographic area....

I have looked at that possibility. But to make it a serious research is an insane task.

1 - They are now all over the world.

2 - You have to separate the legit sounds from the hoaxes. Which is not always evident. At all !!!

3 - Once you have all the legit sounds, you have to pinpoint them. And a lot of the reports are vague on location.

4 - Sounds are added everywhere on a daily basis. Just take a look at ATS and forget yt or other forums. They are scattered all over the boards. Now think of the other places where they are reported. It's a task and a half just to keep track of them, but in case you do, then as I said...separating legit from hoax and pinpointing it.

But the idea is great. It could help associating the sounds with other phenomenons. I would bet that there are scientists doing just that at this moment in time. This is too extraordinary to ignore.

edit on 25-1-2012 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oshawa, again same night. Many people heard this, and recorded it.

I got woken up at 4:30 this morning cause of this loud wave like noise.. it was so weird. my mom and I like ran down the street to record it. This is a bunch of videos I recorded.. You can't see anything, and its terrible quality.. But you can hear it.. & there was absolutely NO wind blowing at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Has anyone tried listening these sounds with radio, like long wave radio?

I haven't heard these sounds in my place
edit on 25-1-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What is very interesting is that many similar sounds are heard worldwide...

And how very fitting that they blame H.A.A.R.P.

Unexplained chilling sounds, which filled the air of Samarahan in the wee hours of Jan 11 and 12,....

One of the theories being thrown into the pan is that it could be a by-product of the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Programme (HAARP) undertaken by the United States, .....

Ferdauz claimed that he also saw strange pattern in the skies in the early morning of Jan 12.

“The clouds appeared to be in straight lines, and well formed. I have never seen anything like it, but whatever it is, I am sure there must be a scientific explanation for it.

“But later that day, an earthquake hit Sumatera in neighbouring Indonesia with a magnitude of 7.3 on the Richter scale. I am not sure whether both incidents are related in some ways.”

The incidents only occurred for two nights – Jan 11 and 12.

www.theborneopost.com...

edit on 25-1-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_of_3NKi
I really hope someone is going to capture the sky with an infrared (night vision) cam when the noise occurs again. How many people with such cams are out there, dammit?

Ko3

Wow...this is getting more interesting now.

My sister here in Memphis called me, telling me about when she heard it about 2 weeks ago. Strangely enough, her account is exactly as everyone else is describing.

As to why we can't see it, I've a feeling that it is cloaked.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think when investigating a sound, there should be a couple quick guidelines. Amount of people hearing the sound in the same area, such as the costa rica one(I think) where twitter and the news covered it. People love social media so the post would be there to corroborate the sounds. When multiple people hear it, it becomes more reliable.

Second is to assume nothing, no matter how plausible or implausible it may be. So far there has been really three distinct sounds. The trumpet from kiev sound, the long rumble sound, and the click clack sound. Others are variations on these(changed perhaps by distance, geographical obstacles and quality of recording device.

Sadly some people will always hoax things like this for their 5 minutes of internet fame.

Personally I have heard the long humming noise, around 1AM in the morning a couple weeks ago. I have no idea what it was, as I have never heard anything like it before.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

ok so thumbtack the ones that have been heard by several and verified by msm. If we end up with a pattern that equates electromagnetic vortexes we can start establishing :

1) hoax from reality
2) something indicating breakdown of ionosphere
3) somebody asking the right questions to the right people
4) do we have something to worry about

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Im a little late to the thread at this point, and have only skimmed over a few pages as well as viewed the videos specific.

But has anyone noticed that, within 5 minutes of this thread being opened, and the video being analyzed. That we have already linked this scientist guy to H.A.A.R.P? So very easily, through a few google searches. Seems all to easy, that this guy, specifically, only this guy, comes onto a mainstream national news interview to debunk the whole phenomenon in 5 seconds, and very obviously blatantly giving us the most vague, implausible explanation possible so as to have us look into his credibility. ... Interesting, new way to look at it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
HAARP explanation is ridiculous. HAARP just simulates Aurora Borealis, but they don't make any noise. Though HAARP can make Aurora Borealis stronger, but there is no way that sound comes all way from ionosphere, sound travels poorly there because ionosphere is not very dense.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Im not saying that HAARP is the culprit, im saying look at how easy it was for us to link this guy to it.

What if they want us to blame HAARP, instead of other possiblities??

Somebody posted links earlier that showed he was involved in research regarding the heating of the ionosphere. Which is basically what HAARP does, no?

edit on 25-1-2012 by PsychedeliCintrovert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I still think that what people are hearing is all of the new electronic equipment that has come out over the last 20 years.

Wireless internet, cell phones etc...

I have no proof of this theory other than my mind quickly broke down the noise and the concept of the noise into abstract thought and put it back together as this.

I believe that like the wind, you cannot see it, but these things are connected to the "air" and it is creating static sounds.

But then, it is just my own thought.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

The noise would not be heard from H.A.A.R.P. but rather "artificial ducting".
as a possibility, not a certainty yet.

Professer says:

"Somehow they are picking up noise from an electrical antenna that is there. That is electromagnetic noise. "

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Formation of artificial ionospheric ducts

It is well known that strong electron heating by a powerful HF-facility
can lead to the formation of electron and ion density perturbations that stretch along
the magnetic field line. Those density perturbations can serve as ducts for
ELF waves, both of natural and artificial origin. This paper presents the first experimental
evidence of plasma modifications associated with ion outflows due to HF
heating.

The experiments were conducted using the HAARP heater during times that the DEMETER satellite

flying spp.astro.umd.edu...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
HAARP explanation is ridiculous. HAARP just simulates Aurora Borealis, but they don't make any noise. Though HAARP can make Aurora Borealis stronger, but there is no way that sound comes all way from ionosphere, sound travels poorly there because ionosphere is not very dense.

"just asking" but how can you venture to say what HAARP can and cannot do? not6 sure anybody has a grasp on what HAARP can and cant do. That would be the Navy/Air Force little secret wouldnt it?
Just asking??

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join