It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noises reported around North Battleford

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toffeeapple
Yet, if it is natural, how come it's not been pinpointed (i.e, where are these ariels in each case) and how come it's only been happening recently?

Exactly.

If it's natural, we would have heard these before and thousands of times by now. Yet no one has ever heard these before.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I think those videos are relevant, its just the gap between human ears
and the equipment they used...

The sound is recorded with special contact elements,

mounted in different ways on the pylon

Has somthing been added to the atmosphere that would change the way we hear things?
Do we have ( unworn unseen antenna now) as the scientist has suggested???

"Somehow they are picking up noise from an electrical antenna that is there.
That is electromagnetic noise"

www.usask.ca...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Mianeye

I think those videos are relevant, its just the gap between human ears
and the equipment they used...

The sound is recorded with special contact elements,

mounted in different ways on the pylon

Has somthing been added to the atmosphere that would change the way we hear things?
Do we have ( unworn unseen antenna now) as the scientist has suggested???

"Somehow they are picking up noise from an electrical antenna that is there.
That is electromagnetic noise"

www.usask.ca...

just a guess but could it have something to do with, www.independent.co.uk... if anything.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

just a guess but could it have something to do with, www.independent.co.uk... if anything.

Thats on target with the scientist that has gone on record...
One thing however if we look at that closely....

Biesecker said the storm's radiation levels are considered strong but other storms
have been more severe. It is the strongest level since May 2005

Leads me to ask then if previous storms were more severe, then why no reports of these
sounds back in 2005?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

So the sounds are real but besides that we still know nothing.
Seriously... how is that a plot?!?
There is nothing to see here. No plot. Just wild speculation.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

no please wait a sec..someone does know something..in fact he came forward telling people there's nothing to worry about..

bare with me..

if you are in a position to tell people there is nothing to worry about..this means that you know what is happening right..

and what if the explanation given ..the term used by the expert is unknown to google ?

and what if the only expert coming forward is an Ionospehere expert?

this is the plot i'm talking about

dont you find this interesting?..i certainly do
edit on 25-1-2012 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
the first video on the first page sounds like a trumpet been played close by, it dosnt sound like the other sounds. im possitive I can hear someone blowing down it, 1:06 in the video especialy, and a slight reaction from the male straight after? , and the wispering between the male & female sounds very staged.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

we have to be careful since this phenomena I believe is hard to be kept from away public knowledge , a dis-info campaign may well be underway

we have to be able to ignore the fakes and not let them lose our focus on the real stuff..

be sure that the strange sound phenomena is real

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Thats exactly what I think is happening, all it took was a couple of fake ones, a few comments here and there and all of a sudden everyones making these videos, unaware that something is really happening which they are now making harder and harder to pinpoint.

I have never heard these new sounds (like large metalic objects flexing under pressure/trumpets) but I have heard the hum/rumble more than a few times (in the midlands uk), most recently, and mostly clearly a few weeks ago. I could feel the sound vibrate my body.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Although I find the fact that it has been reported by a local media interesting, I think that it could be misleading.

The crew that put up the report has done a montage with various clips including a clip from Conklin, Alberta - which if I am not mistaking - is a copycat hoax from the Kiev video. Here's a screenshot from the North Battleford video clip:

I also note that there is a lot of editing in the video report. The sound is over stills and there are a few different sounds that - I think - have been produced in studios to provide a "sounded like" experience according to the witnesses points of view.

Trumpets, metallic scraping and mariners horns...

So I believe that the witnesses have indeed heard strange sounds and that they describe what they heard but those are not the actual sounds that we hear in this video report.

As for Dr St-Maurice's explanation of the phenomena...

my reaction was...

well a picture is worth a thousand words...

So as I mentioned, I am happy that the local media picked up on the story but I find it misleading.

Just my opinion.

S&F.

edit on 25-1-2012 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by ColCurious

If you are in a position to tell people there is nothing to worry about..this means that you know what is happening right...

No. It could also mean that the local media team looked for anyone who would say anything about the phenomenon on camera.
Maybe for a few bucks or maybe just for a minute of publicity.
Too much uncertainty. No plot.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I also think, and there's a video on "another site" illustrating this, that most of these vids are hoaxes. I ALSO think there's a decent enough chance that it's all some viral marketing stunt.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
what completely kills me is the professor who says its a completely normal noise from the aurora's. Hummmm!! so this noise is heard all the time then off and on for many years. OK! where are the older people saying "oh we get this from time to time and its the talk of the town."
Not hearing that comment over and over are we?

What would be interesting is for someone to mark the cities on a map where these noises have been occurring and see if its limited to a geographic area....
edit on 25-1-2012 by rebellender because: added content

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
what completely kills me is the professor who says its a completely normal noise from the aurora's. Hummmm!! so this noise is heard all the time then off and on for many years. OK! where are the older people saying "oh we get this from time to time and its the talk of the town."

i missed the "from the aurora's." part..were is it?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I live 30 minutes east of Sacramento, CA. The area I live in is scary quiet. In the middle of the day you cannot hear a single automobile, just birds chirping and sometimes a plane. To date I have spent hours outside at all times of the day and night. To date no weird noises here. So, it is my conclusion that despite all of the military bases up here that Sacramento is so dull that even the interesting and yet unexplained sound are unheard. Come to think of it I don't see any chemtrails either.........

Yup I live in an alien proof environment.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

i missed the "from the aurora's." part..were is it?

one of the links provides the local news and they interview a " nothing wrong here keep moving" type professor to give logic where there clearly isnt any

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

yes in know that..but as far as i know he gave no explanation for the cause..just not to worry

nothing personal..just to keep the facts..facts

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Those are my thoughts as well about the sound clips from the CTV.
Its as if they used a montage of you tube sounds from various "strange sound" videos.

I did hear a few from the area on You Tube that sounded very real.

And for sure, folks hearing this late at night and waking others up to make phone
calls, well that is the part that is intersting. That rules out someone just making
a video, and superimposing a sound clip from a movie, or another video.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

[
if you are in a position to tell people there is nothing to worry about..this means that you know what is happening right..

and what if the explanation given ..the term used by the expert is unknown to google ?

and what if the only expert coming forward is an Ionospehere expert?

this is the plot i'm talking about

This needs to be emphasized in fact, cant be emphasized too much

This is the key aspect of the story that needs to be brought forward
in all threads about this subject.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

reply to post by rebellender

yes in know that..but as far as i know he gave no explanation for the cause..just not to worry

nothing personal..just to keep the facts..facts

Nothing personal ***but what facts facts facts are you speaking of *** Nothing personal
local news clip and video

seems somebody didnt finish watching the video
edit on 25-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join