It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noises reported around North Battleford

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Some of the videos are DEF fake and theres a decent chance they all are.

One thing, if you wanna try this, you can, try and record something with serious lowend frequencies (like the mystery sound) with a cell phone. You will be unable to. The mics in mobile phones distort very very easily. Something as loud and bass-y as those noises would EASILY distort, but... None of the vids sound is distorted. And the lowend is miraculously preserved.

Verry suspicious.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is my crazy idea of the day:

Just like sound, light is a wave, only with a much shorter wave length than sound.

Is there anyway these sounds could be light waves that have somehow been effected so that the wav length has stretched, i.e. light has been transformed into sound.

If this wacky idea were correct, what could be the scenario?

Perhaps a natural phenomenon is distorting light from a distant star as it reaches us. This may be a large gravity field on Earth, in orbit, or somewhere enroute.

Maybe a blackhole, wormhole, dwarf star (yep, let loose the Nibiru theories!)...

Or, maybe the gravity field of an artificial wormhole used for space/time travel?

Or perhaps what we're hearing is a clocked craft; what if cloaking were achieved not by bending light, but stopping it all together in the way a blackhole's gravity field prevents light escaping (hence the name).
Could such a field be created around a craft in such a controlled way as to only prevent light escaping - perhaps this goes hand-in-hand with advanced anti-gravity prolusion systems...

There have been sightings of giant craft recently, such as the massive triangular 'formation' seen over Arizona. Could Terrestrials have perfected cloaking, or E.T. simply switched it on ?

If so the question is, is it terrestrial or not?

edit on 26-1-2012 by McGinty because: typo

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

That could be happening, I suppose. I just don't see how. Light is massless particles (photons) moving as a wave, sound is a series of compression waves moving through massed particles. One goes almost 200,000 miles per second, the other goes about 700 miles an hour. They are just so completely different...I don't see how light from space can convert into sounds.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

That's true on some phones, but not on others. I've seen plenty of mobile video clips on FB recorded by my friends when they were partying at clubs or someone's house, and the bass from the music is definitely there.

In any case, this thread is based on a local news report, not a youtube video. Did you even look at the source, with the article on a Canadian news media website and the accompanying video? I seriously doubt the local news would air a story based on a youtube video, or that the town's mayor would join in on a youtube hoax, etc. etc.
edit on 1/26/2012 by Tsurugi because: Grammar fail.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
reply to post by McGinty

That could be happening, I suppose. I just don't see how. Light is massless particles (photons) moving as a wave, sound is a series of compression waves moving through massed particles. One goes almost 200,000 miles per second, the other goes about 700 miles an hour. They are just so completely different...I don't see how light from space can convert into sounds.

Thanks for that excellent answer. Yes indeed, light photons are said to be massless, but how then is it believed that light cannot escape a blackhole's gravity field?

Either photons do have some negligible mass, or is it that the space itself around the blackhole is being warped by gravity, as in Einstein's STR, thus the massless photons are trapped in a warped space paradox ?

If the latter, then could this process expend energy via sound waves, in other words could my crazy theory still be salvageable - could the sounds be the result of large gravity field in the area (be it dwarf star or cloaked craft) ?

edit on 26-1-2012 by McGinty because: my crappy auto spellcheck keeps changing words without me noticing...!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

reply to post by tarifa37

I can kinda see what you mean, sorta, but....these people have lived around snow and snowplows all their lives. You think suddenly, out of nowhere, they are just completely baffled by snowplow noises?

A friend of mine said the same sort of thing when I showed him the Costa Rica sounds. He claimed it was ocean waves. As if an entire nation of people who have spent their lives living on the coast would suddenly flip out over wave sounds.

I'm not buying that.

Maybe the council have started doing snow plowing during the night instead of the day perhaps that would account for the people not realising what it was.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

Originally posted by mojo2012
People have been hearing noises throughtout the world recently and i have yet to find an explanation anywhere on this phenomenon.

Not so.. a video posted on the 1st page as described by a scientist: electromagnetic waves from space etc..

Check out SPACESOUNDS.COM and listen to all the really creepy, strange and even similar to this thread

Yeah, but...."electromagnetic" means it's radiation of some kind. X-rays, gamma rays, infrared, ulra-violet, radio waves, UHF, VHF, visible spectrum light, etc., are all "electromagnetic." But you can't 'hear' electromagnetic waves/radiation!

yeah, i don't have an exact answer for what it is but the sounds emanating in all these vids aren't answered except for a possible snowplow. The point I was trying to make was that the sounds COULD be coming from space
but
I mentioned the water in my house to hammer the true point I was trying to make which is the sounds seem to be a natural occurrence imo.

The "space sounds" you link to are awesome, but they were recorded by picking up radio waves from space with an antenna or radio telescope and then converting them to sound. When you listen to an FM station, your car stereo is doing the same thing to the radio waves on the frequency of that station. The difference is that the space sounds didn't start out as actual audio that was encoded into a radio wave for transmission. So the "decoding" of the space sounds is sort of an artificial way to allow you to "hear" something that never was a sound at all...in fact it was a lot more like light than sound.

So the scientist saying it was electromagnetic waves from space is really strange. Electromagnetic waves from space do not suddenly turn into sound waves when they hit the earth's atmosphere. If they did, sunlight would be one long loud noise instead of bright light.

SPACESOUNDS is a cool site and yes the recording are made audible to us.. The reason why i give credence to electromagnetic-ic explanation is for several reasons
1: we're passing through the galactic plain currently.. who could possibly guess what sort of effect this may be having on the earth
2: while the spacesounds.com are different, there are some sounds from jupiter I listened to once that sounded awfully like some recent vids
3:haarp or countries using haarp type facilities during the current increase in our solar systems avg temp may be doing something in peculiar fashion also. If they (haarp operators) can heat the ionosphere with an 80 mile diameter bubble.. sheesh.. who knows.. . (this is an afterthought sort of idea)

who knows though.. an awful many vids have popped up lately from around the world so I have to look at a global anomaly cause the hardest.. which is stuff from outer space.
-----

b

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

The point isn't that the bass is gone it's either attenuated (i.e it loses it's lower frequencies) or it "distorts" the mic (i.e. the bit of the mic that has to vibrate to capture the sound waves doesn't have the capacity to capture the full frequency range).

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Power_Semi

It sounds very natural like of this ilk:
Really very natural
so if the sounds are just occurring now and in 2012 how come they haven't been heard in 2008 or 06? i find that claim hard to believe.

Clearly it's something that doesn't occur all of the time (if it isn't a hoax), otherwise no one would mention it.

It would only occur if atmospheric conditions were exactly right - and strange noises have been heard before like in Bristol in the 70's so this is viable - right now were experiencing unusual weather patterns, so perhaps these are the right conditions.

You seem to be asserting it must be aliens
or the end of times
seriously dude, get a grip

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

It would have been a interesting theory if it wasnt for the fact that this cycle is weaker than the last ones.
Even though sun is nearing solar maximum, it is something that normally happens every 11 years on average.

Here is the last update for the progression of current cycle as well as predicted strength:

As you can see the previous solar maximum was quite a bit stronger and current activity is nowhere near where it peaked during last few cycles. So this is so far the weakest cycle in many decades.
edit on 25-1-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

The strength of the solar flares is largely irrelevant since you would need solar flares + exactly the right atmospheric conditions. If either of those is missing then you wouldn't get the noises.

Since we experience solar flares pretty regularly, and there have been instances of strange noises reported in the past (e.g. in the 70's), it would suggest (if this hypothesis is anything like correct) that only on rare occassions do you get both factors together, the rest of the time the flares have no discenible effect.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

theres a decent chance they all are.
Yeah and i doubt that.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

It would only occur if atmospheric conditions were exactly right - and strange noises have been heard before like in Bristol in the 70's so this is viable - right now were experiencing unusual weather patterns, so perhaps these are the right conditions.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Seriously? It sounds like some douche in the background is just poorly blowing a trumpet..

This is hilarious!

Until I hear anything in the UK im calling peoples bluff!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

You seem to be asserting it must be aliens or the end of times seriously dude, get a grip

The reason i think some of the sounds may be alien is simple i heard as well in toronto where i live and it sounded like hovering and no i dont live anywhere near any military bases.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

We shall see.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
Thanks for that excellent answer. Yes indeed, light photons are said to be massless, but how then is it believed that light cannot escape a blackhole's gravity field?
Either photons do have some negligible mass, or is it that the space itself around the blackhole is being warped by gravity, as in Einstein's STR, thus the massless photons are trapped in a warped space paradox?

Whew! That's a pretty serious pair of questions...and I'm no theoretical physicist. But I will do my best to answer as much as my limited understanding will allow.

As for photons possibly having some negligible mass--it is possible. Photons are not the same as particles that comprise matter; they may not be particles at all. I've read that they appear to be particles when looked at one way, then waves when looked at another way (incidentally, certain aspects of string theory address this incongruence). Not sure if that peculiarity disqualifies them from possibly having mass, but it is an intriguing head-scratcher. In any case, I'm pretty sure this concept is still considered a working hypothesis.

As for why light cannot escape the gravity field of a black hole if it has no mass, well...you need mass to cause gravity, but you don't need mass to be affected by gravity. Light is most definitely affected by gravity--it has been observed directly many times, as in the image below:

The arcs of light in the image are the light from distant galaxies that are much farther behind those in the cluster in the foreground; the huge gravitic distortion of spacetime caused by the combined mass of that galactic cluster has bent the light enormously.
This is a phenomenon known as Gravitational Lensing.

So light is affected by gravity. Stars are huge globs of hydrogen gas that slowly condensed because of gravity...as the density of the gas increased, so did the temperature, and so did the pull of its own gravity, until finally the temperature and pressure get so high that a fusion chain reaction begins. Eventually an uneasy equilibrium is reached, where the inward pull of gravity perfectly balanced against the outward push of the fusion. But when the fusion comes to a halt billions of years later once the star has fused all of its fuel, gravity becomes king again. Lots of different weird stuff can happen at this point, and a lot of different weird things can result. One of those is a black hole.
A black hole is (usually) a burned-out star that imploded on itself to the point that its escape velocity exceeded that of the speed of light. Result: an area of space that becomes a proverbial "dead end," stuff goes in, stuff does not come out. What actually happens to that stuff, or indeed the stuff of the original star, is a matter of conjecture--endlessly fascinating, but probably best left out of this over-lengthy and arguably completely OT reply.

I didn't address all of your questions, but I think I gave a fair attempt at tackling those first two.

edit on 1/26/2012 by Tsurugi because: Spelling fail.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Maybe the council have started doing snow plowing during the night instead of the day perhaps that would account for the people not realising what it was.

That is possible...but I spent some time living up north--not in Canada, just way north in the U.S.--and as I recall it was customary for plows to do most of their work at night when practical because the roads were devoid of traffic.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrixXxtaR
Seriously? It sounds like some douche in the background is just poorly blowing a trumpet..

This is hilarious!

Until I hear anything in the UK im calling peoples bluff!

Hahaha....I dunno about the "trumpet" noises myself. Seems almost too crazy to believe, and I've kinda stuck to looking at the noises referred to as "rumbling" or a "hum" or something.

Here's a couple of UK MSM reports I've found about mystery noises:

BBC News, June 13 2011
The Guardian, June 09 2011
The Telegraph, June 9 2011

These may all be a response to the same original story, something in Woodland in Durham county? Nevertheless, they discuss this as known phenomenon with unknown cause...i.e. it happens, it's happened before, no one knows why, stop asking questions and look at this celebrity photo.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonik

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by sonik
The professor from the CTV news report calls it an electromagnetic noise possibly from the aurora and says its "natural" and "normal" but I would like to know, what is he referring to as "Electromagnetic Noise"??????

Sound is a mechanical wave. In order to convert electromagnetic waves into sound you would need a speaker (or something like it). I would like to know exactly what he's trying to say here... The term "electromagnetic noise" can only be used to describe an electromagnetic wave interfering with another electromagnetic signal. People cannot "hear" electromagnetic waves.
edit on 25-1-2012 by sonik because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by sonik because: (no reason given)

scroll back and find the Jupiter noise..it kinda matches...I think we have problems and nobody is fessing up...problems like how is space noise getting in and how it would get in, kinda problems

Ya, interesting. however, even that is electromagnetic waves between 20Hz and 20000Hz converted to sound by the satellite. So if planet sounds is what it is...... the question is how is it being converting to sound....

hey man I dono and that is a good question,,,here are 2 more questions...
Just how are they happening ??
Just why are they happening ??
I wont take snow plows garbage trucks hoax's on this one or power lines....
I like what the scientist said but if this phenomenon happens why hasnt it been reported until lately
I stand firm on my theory of something is seriously wrong with the Ionosphere or magnetosphere and the test will come to show effects on gravity, weather maybe and magnetic north.
I also like the answer that the magnetic poles are swapping we are due and the symptoms match
can you imagine the resources used if this is a hoax, what about crop circles,(as an excuse of hoax) those are easy to pull off. I used to do them on paper with a toy, easiest thing to debunk.
it is very fun to imagine what is actually going on
edit on 26-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think we should write down all the names of Scientist that say it is this or that.....to calm us down and when/if proven something else they should be relieved of their duties.

IMO I think it is something NOT good.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join