It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noises reported around North Battleford

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I live in an area which is considered a migrant bird nesting zone. With rare birds. The birds were definately down in numbers this year. 2 years ago I could wake up at 5am and see a rainbow of birds that I had hardly ever seen, to the point that they were there right up until I walked up my stairs and opened the door. Now, not happening very much. My question about the streetlights wasn't that they were there, but that quite a while before the sound started, the shots were of streetlights........having said that - that was the only video that bothered me.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mycurse

Heart wrenching to hear of lack birds in so many places. Its almost funny how people almost say immediately when asked if they've noticed - "Its winter - there are no song birds."
How soon people forget. Last year this time, they were chirping most of the day. Now, nothing.

I wasn't referring to your post directly on shooting the streetlights - have only had time lately to skim these threads, and have noted a few posts that question why most of these videos are only aimed at the sky...

Besides all the man-made disasters to wipe them out, I am sure there must be a connection with the magnetic ionosphere or similar, as has been presented well in a lot of posts

edit on 25-1-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: forgot to add

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I came across this link recently and found some of the historical descriptions very intriguing.

I wonder if these sounds have been hear before, but perhaps not with the growing frequency they seem to be happening now.

Strange sounds in recorded history

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What happened in the one - of so many - of these sound threads to the children up to 10 years old that were supposedly able to decipher these sounds? Another hoax?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Seems like it is not normal at all and they do not have a clue what it realy is.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of posts and videos about these noises and there are a lot of good ideas out there. I mean I suscribe to a few of them and I really want to hear is with my own 2 ears.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2serious
I came across this link recently and found some of the historical descriptions very intriguing.

I wonder if these sounds have been hear before, but perhaps not with the growing frequency they seem to be happening now.

Strange sounds in recorded history

I used to live right on the San Jacinto river bed which is the fault line...one day I heard what sounded like blasts on the Mtn Looking towards Idyllwild an hour later we had a 3.5...when I asked a guy about it he said it was a kind of energy, He went on to say that right before the earthquake in China the damaged their dam people heard similar sounds and that the people accused their government of the earthquake.....I have made a few comments on this thread so now saying this you might wonder. Last March I heard the trumpet style noise. It lasted seconds and it didnt come from the sky it was from a direction. Thinking back there could be no explanation for that sound. Like I have said it would take mega amounts of equipment to pull off a hoax that big. Though the sound was from a direction I know it wasnt from right over there or right over there. It was full just there and not from the sky more from the empty river bed. Never heard it again either, there were no local reports and like I said I just dismissed it at the time
edit on 25-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Looks real to me especially because i live in Canada also and hear the sounds alot.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The professor from the CTV news report calls it an electromagnetic noise possibly from the aurora and says its "natural" and "normal" but I would like to know, what is he referring to as "Electromagnetic Noise"??????

Sound is a mechanical wave. In order to convert electromagnetic waves into sound you would need a speaker (or something like it). I would like to know exactly what he's trying to say here... The term "electromagnetic noise" can only be used to describe an electromagnetic wave interfering with another electromagnetic signal. People cannot "hear" electromagnetic waves.
edit on 25-1-2012 by sonik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonik
The professor from the CTV news report calls it an electromagnetic noise possibly from the aurora and says its "natural" and "normal" but I would like to know, what is he referring to as "Electromagnetic Noise"??????

Sound is a mechanical wave. In order to convert electromagnetic waves into sound you would need a speaker (or something like it). I would like to know exactly what he's trying to say here... The term "electromagnetic noise" can only be used to describe an electromagnetic wave interfering with another electromagnetic signal. People cannot "hear" electromagnetic waves.

scroll back and find the Jupiter noise..it kinda matches...I think we have problems and nobody is fessing up...problems like how is space noise getting in and how it would get in, kinda problems

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Strange Noises Reported Around North Battleford

saskatoon.ctv.ca

There's been a lot of buzz over the last few weeks about strange sounds being heard in the atmosphere. People around the world and here at home have reported hearing some bizarre noises. The latest were recorded in the Battlefords last weekend.

Ian Hamilton, North Battleford's mayor, says he can't explain it.

"What I experienced was a scraping sound, like a snowplow."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Linking Thread for Strange Sound Phenomenon
Strange sounds 2012 The Pas Manitoba, Canada
Map of the strange sound phenomenon heard around the world.
Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...
edit on 25-1-2012 by burntheships because: format

That was me farting around that time, sorry about that.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Has anyone considered Geomagnetic Reversal?

Wikipedia states that scientist have determined that the earth's magentic field has reversed 51 times.

A History Channel show about the Earth's magnetic field correlated several phenomena to the reversal in the magnetic field.
Holes in the ozone.
Average temperature
Isolated local fluxations in the field
etc...

All of which are currently documented as happening.

Someone with the ability to get the data for these fluxations might want to compare them to the locale of the reported atmospheric noises. It would be interesting to see if there is a correlation.

Consider...
1. Scientific evidence that may be pointing to a drastic global change.
2. Prophetic predictions pointing the same direction.
3. Cultural beliefs pointing the same direction.

There is a documentary about the computer program that could predict general occurrances by monitoring all the communication world wide. (emails, internet, etc...) Now some scientist have derived theories from it that global consiousness can directly affect the future.

So now we might add to the "Consider..." list above global awareness of pending global changes, which then may contribute to the possibilty.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I havent heard these exact sounds.. I thought a couple of weeks ago I heard a strange rumbling that could not have been thunder.. but this is not why I post..

my handle is precogpsychicsensitive...a bit overdone maybe..

Anyway, it must have been a little over a week ago and I'm lying in bed just letting the mind tick over when I felt this jolt or wave of energy like feeling pass thru my body from toe to head.. I immediately had the feeling that this was not a good thing, and was likely the beginning of "something bad".. like a negative energy.. then just a couple of days ago I had the strangest sensations like my body wasnt in sync with my brain? And my vision did something very odd like interference on a tv... it is very hard to explain I'm sorry. I feel like I am a tuning fork that picks up all kinds of different "happenings"..

My "gift" isnt always on (thankfully) but I think the timing of the strange sounds and my gift kicking in are related.

Are there any other "sesnitives" out there that might have had similar feelings etc?

ok normals...have your laugh now.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Does anyone know if the solar activity could, in fact, cause noises? nothing I ever heard of before, for certain! Another possibility is some device, making the sounds. heard of some such things used to promote films, and in other ways as well. LRAD stuff.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Reports of strange rumbling noises in Donegal Ireland late last night/ early this morning. You can read eyewitness reports on Donegal Weather Channels page on facebook and more reports on boards.ie

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by sonik

scroll back and find the Jupiter noise..it kinda matches...I think we have problems and nobody is fessing up...problems like how is space noise getting in and how it would get in, kinda problems

Ya, interesting. however, even that is electromagnetic waves between 20Hz and 20000Hz converted to sound by the satellite. So if planet sounds is what it is...... the question is how is it being converting to sound....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Thanks for posting the clips. Not certain, but some of that could be something very simple. My sister was in band, and I have thus heard some pretty inexperienced people playing instruments. A lot of those sounds could be something like that. Someone trying out an instrument, that has literally no skill on it yet. Now, NOT 100% sure on this, but offering it as a possibility. Perhaps, if anyone knows someone living in these areas, they could inquire as to whether there is some aspiring new "musician" in their neighborhood?

Another thought is that some of this sounds sort of like some heavy object being dragged across a hard floor. That can make some pretty weird sounds sometimes.

Not saying it isn't something more bizarre, just offering some more mundane possibilities.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Still reading through the whole thread(I'm on pg5) but wanted to say thanks for posting this. I've been interested in the "weird noises" phenomenon for a while now and have been trying to collect instances where the media, whether MSM or just local, gets involved. This is the only way I can think of, for now, to be absolutely positive that the reports are not hoaxes.

Here are a few I've got so far:

"Noise" reports on official news agency websites(some have video as well as text):

ABC News
Dateline
Borneo Post
The Huffington Post

Gonna add this Battleford report to my list for sure.

Other related links:

Goodle Trends: Strange Sounds
The "Google Trends" tool is great for stuff like this. Note the "news" spike in August 2011. Try adding other related keywords or phrases to the graph, like "weird noises" and "strange noises" or "rumbling sounds" or whatever you think of.

Google Maps - Map of "Noises" Report Locations
This map is by no means exhaustive, there are just so many reports....but it's an open map, you can add to it if you want. If you do, try to include a source url for each report, as well as any relevant info(day/night, cloudy/clear skies, how long did the incident go on, did the ground tremble, etc).
Not sure if this is any good since there is no way to filter out BS reports, but at least we have it.

Here's one of my fav YT vids related to this phenomenon:

This is one of the first I saw that I thought seemed more legitimate. For one thing, the guy spends some time walking around outside, down the street, in the direction he thought the noise might be coming from, so he wasn't "playing the sound through his stereo" as has been suggested about many of the videos where the camera doesn't go anywhere.
And the sound is just....weird. A friend of mine said it sounded like "a heavy pillow in a dryer, with the bass cranked up."

Anyway, thanks again for pointing me to this Battleford report.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Someone, possibly Paul Begley, the infamous purveyor of end times Baptist minister, is perpetrating possibly one of the greatest hoaxes since "War of the Worlds" and at a time when the world needs solutions is offering fear mongering. It is sad really that someone or a group of people would stoop to this. Shame on you!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Alright.....that one sounds, to me at least, almost alive. Like some huge beat or something. Think of elephant sounds, or whale song.

What we need here is a comprehensive list of these occurrences - general location (city, etc), date, time. Then we could at least look for other data that could correlate these instances, maybe. Such as, weird weather, quakes, auroras, anything. Knowing how animals react in each case, if known, could be useful, too. We know they do react to quakes.

So, anyone know of such a list, or want to make one?
We have to look at it as a case to solve, and get ALL the data together.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join