It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American hostage in Somalia rescued by US Navy SEALs in overnight raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

American hostage in Somalia rescued by US Navy SEALs in overnight raid

worldnews.msnbc.m sn.com

By Jim Miklaszewski, NBC News chief Pentagon correspondent
WASHINGTON -- In a daring nighttime raid Tuesday, U.S. Navy SEALs rescued two hostages, including one American, who were being held by kidnappers in Somalia, U.S. officials tell NBC News.
American Jessica Buchanan, 32, and a 60-year-old Dane, Poul Thisted, were working for a Danish relief organization in northern Somalia when they were kidnapped last October. U.S. officials described their kidnappers as heavily armed common criminals with no known ties to any organized militant group.
According to the U.S. officials, two teams of Na
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.chi cagotribune.com

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This is just breaking in the news but it seems that Obama has attempted to take a share of the credit at the state of the union speech .

As the president entered the House chambers to give his State of the Union Speech, he pointed to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta standing in the crowd and said, "Leon. Good job tonight. Good job tonight." The president made no mention of the hostage rescue, but finished his speech with a reference to the killing of Osama bin Laden last May in a similar operation to the one conducted by Navy SEALs Tuesday night. `
Yes , it happened the day before the state of the Union........ yup.

I am very glad however , that they were rescued , and that the operation seems to have gone well.
worldnews.msnbc.m sn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-1-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
If only Australia had this much care for their citizens. There is a man who has been taken hostage in the Phillipines since the start of December, and we havn't got our SASR to conduct a rescue operation

edit on 25-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Oks I am a little confused with this news.

I thought the team who took out Bin laden were killed, when their helicopter were hit by a insurgent missile.

I read that a while back.

And I quote from a thread placed on ATS

KABUL, Afghanistan — A military helicopter was shot down in eastern Afghanistan, killing 31 U.S. special operation troops, most of them from the elite Navy SEALs unit that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, along with seven Afghan commandos. It was the deadliest single incident for American forces in the decade-long war.

Link Below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now this is what being reported on the News Channels that is the same navy seals who killed Bin Laden. So what gives.

But agrees funny how this happens when Obama is about to give the state off the union address. Coincidence.

edit on 25-1-2012 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Seal Team 6 has over 100 members, but a handful were supposedly killed in the helicopter crash.

Then again, in the world of misdirection who knows if they really killed Bin Laden, or if they were really killed in any crash. Everything about these covert operations is bait or misdirection, so it really isn't even fun to speculate.

Glad the hostages were freed though!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I edited. Check the thread posted on ATS with regards to the Navy Seals whom were killed by a suposingly Insurgent missile.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by getreadyalready

I edited. Check the thread posted on ATS with regards to the Navy Seals whom were killed by a suposingly Insurgent missile.

Seal Team 6 is an umbrella term.. it was used to make the Soviets think there was six navy seal teams..when there was only like two or three...

I'm pretty sure it's more than one.
Stop being such a conspiracy theorist. My god

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Also. I'm pretty sure they could gather more members to the same military group while retaining the name.

That's like a basketball team drafting a new player. Would the draft or the departure of some old players change the name of the basketball club? I think not!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So a deceased top secret hit squad is once again in the news just in time for the union address, killing some somali pirates which have been proven to be a reaction to the forced collapse of their government and these "pirates" are merely protecting their resources from enemy invaders i.e. America. Im so glad two Americans dumb enough to be hanging out in Somalia were rescued by a team of ghosts. Enjoy your pep rally America this event most likely never happened like everything else in the media.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Duceis

Ums no I will not.

That is what this site is all about.

And why don't you stop being one of those who follow everything you are told without questioning it to clarify. Any Article wither a false op or not.

The US has done this before, as well as the UK. So I have every right to question or bring up, questions when I want to.

Dont like it tough.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Duceis

Ums no I will not.

And why don't you stop being one of those who follow everything you are told without questioning it to clarify. Any Article wither a false op or not.

The US has done this before, as well as the UK. So I have every right to question or bring up, questions when I want to.

Dont like it tough.

I'm an atheist.
4 billion people are religious. I doubt I follow what I'm told.
I just hate conspiracy theorist who make something out of nothing.

And you guys don't question, you stupidly assume.

You don't say " I wonder whats happening"

All of you are like "omg false flag"

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duceis

reply to post by Duceis

Ums no I will not.

Dont like it tough.

I'm an atheist.
4 billion people are religious. I doubt I follow what I'm told.
I just hate conspiracy theorist who make something out of nothing.

And you guys don't question, you stupidly assume.

You don't say " I wonder whats happening"

All of you are like "omg false flag"

Wow.......I don't see where LaurauK made any of those statements.....so who's stupidly assuming?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

yes because 1 danish aid worker and 1 american aid worker really are a threat for these pirates, because they were totally fishing illegally off the coast of somalia because they totally werent trying to help the people who live in one of the worst countries on earth...why does everything that ever happens have to be a conspiracy, why can't some people see the good in things 9 less scumbags on this earth now

join