It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Stripped of All Delegates from Iowa

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Again

You are missing the point entirely

The Iowa delegates are not GIVEN to anyone

They remain UNBOUND

They can and do cast they vote for whomever they choose at the RNC

That is why the Iowa caucus is almost never given much weight or consideration as it works completely different than a primary

I don't want to take anything away from Iowans as they are fiercely defensive of their system, but their system of unbound delegates means we really have no idea who they will ultimately support until the RNC

In point of fact they could all cast their vote for Paul and be well within their rights

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Off Topic Response Removed
edit on 1/25/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Perhaps you should state it as such.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

edit on 1/25/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I get that.

You get that.

Do you understand the point we are all trying to make about the news source apparently not getting that? It makes no difference if they fictitious "delegates" are even real. I don't want to offend anyone but people in america are so dumbed down they see a name and a number and put a value on it. I could give a rats butt who won in Iowa, South Carolina or anywhere! Its the manipulation of the media that bugs me.

Oh and also, if you take one candidates delegates away because of possible fraud. You have to take everyone's delegates away.

If there is any problem with that scenario, you have to raise some serious questions of ethics.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
ENOUGH!

Stay focused on the actual topic please, and I suggest this for extra reading:

Moderators are people too (and they have opinions)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I do

No one is more concerned that the MSN pretty much decides who is important and who is not. Yet we have to accept it goes both ways

Fox News gets blasted for right wing leaning

The Left has ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC PBS ETC...

I have always thought the MSN simply wants a Republican Candidate that can not possibly win against the Left

Semper

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
ENOUGH!

Stay focused on the actual topic please, and I suggest this for extra reading:

Moderators are people too (and they have opinions)

It's my bedtime anyway

Interesting thread, I'll be back

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
What a childish thread.(not your fault OP)

They should really put all the numbers at 0 if these delegates are open to choose as they please.

End of story kids.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Common Good because: cause I said so

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
CNN Says Ron Paul has Still 10

Guys why are you overacting? it could be some error on that site it happens .

edit on 25-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I could care less how they present the data

I never react with emotion

I check the facts and make up my own mind

Something sorely lacking in the Paul campaign

Something constantly lacking by both republicans and democrats, and their candidates.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

well, then the delegates they have assigned to romney are unbound also, and he should be given 0 delegates also...
to me, this seems to tell me if I want to win the Iowa primary, all I have to do is go into those districts who I know the majority are gonna support someone else, and commit a little fraud, just so the results there are wiped out and I can go on to win the race!!!!

that's okay, it's just romney and paul in va, with a vaste number of military families.....
I am hoping we kick romney's you know what!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I agree with the YouTube poster as he states, "I am really baffled on how all these numbers came out." Myself included. This CBS report might lead someone to suspect this news source has an agenda beyond reporting an unbiased election scorecard tally, which they purport to be doing here.

As near as I can tell this report is erroneous or misleading. Worse is that it could be influencing voters in coming primaries. For many folks this may be their first venture into the national elections process and they are relying on the media to help them along. Most of us have come to expect the media agencies to be opinionated and biased but we also expect them to report accurate information, especially when it involves numbers and scorecard information. I have to give CBS a FAIL on this one.

-Super Moderator semperfortis, while I respect your right to have and to express your opinion on these forums I might also expect ATS moderators to set a good example for acceptable conduct here. I suppose it is the right and privilege of ATS members to reply in condescending tones and also to fail to read, watch, or listen to the OP before responding. In your own reply you offer information that contradicts the CBS report posted in the OP. Had you watched the 1:36 video you yourself might also admit you too are "... baffled how all these numbers came out." They are in contradiction to your own, i.e., Iowa giving 12 delegates to Romney and 12 to Santorum but none to Paul. Those numbers don't add up to the 28 you state are "UNBOUND".

Originally posted by semperfortis

Read a book people

All of the 28 delegates from Iowa are "UNBOUND"

For the less politically educated, that means they are NEVER obligated to vote for ANYONE at the RNC.

(That means they can vote for whomever they choose)

I hope that is clear enough, I know it is lacking in the swooning worship, but it is after all FACTS

Semper

Of course cutting and patronizing dialog does add to the flavor of discussion and debate, albeit an acrid flavor, I suppose you are entitled to add your harsh and hostile tone. But please, don't be disingenuous while doing so or it could take the thread off-topic.

I could care less how they present the data

I never react with emotion

I check the facts and make up my own mind

Something sorely lacking in the Paul campaign

Condescension may be an unemotional response, I suppose. Glad you're not a doctor or your bedside manner would be for lacking. As a cop I suppose it goes with the territory though.

Thanks for joining the campaign.

I hope that is clear enough, I know it is lacking in the swooning worship, but it is after all FACTS

edit on 25-1-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Iowa's delegates are not bound, first of all.

Secondly,
this is just CBS's PREDICTION.

Third,
NOBODY knows how the delegate spread will end up until June- when the official convention is held and they ACTUALLY elect their convention delegates.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

ha you beat me to it
just commented and then scrolled up and saw your post...

but daaaang we have one jacked up electoral process IMO

edit on 25-1-2012 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm proud to be passionate about Ron Paul..just saying

Since, ya know, we are all entitled to our opinions.

I think the video brought up a valid question; its interesting that it brought up such a passionate response..hmm

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join