It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology and the Human Body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
In the world of cyber punk novels this is fairly common. People have computers intergrated into their bodies which can do a whole bunch of neat things. I personally would love to be around to see this. In an article just written by mwm1331, he spoke about implantable lenses for vision correction. I imagine the day when you are able to put a contact lense or an implantable one at that where It can communicate to a computer. So essientially you will have a Heads Up Display in your eye. Computers are getting more advanced for the disabled where they can learn to type and move a mouse by thinking where it needs to go. Just imagine the possibilities you had your own personal WiFi so you could intergrate any aspect of your life with this system.

So this all poses an interesting question. How long will it take for something like this to be available? Will people take to the possibility of it? Is it even plausible?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
O yea Pc is realy advanced

Cant even run my satlight TV with out messing up .Ever try and reasion with the PC that answers your call to a company ? Press 1 now press 2 now I mit just give you a human humm still thinking lol. To much star trak people lol. Gets so bad making calls that I get to the point were I figer there the problem and MUST BE TERMANTED lolol

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well its not like the computer is going to shut off your heart when it crashes

What about other technology that can some into play. If you look at Medical science its being used more and more. Artifical limbs have taken a big place in this field. What if they are able to wire these limbs into your nervous system so you will actually be able to feel your fingers or you foot will actually be able to sense when its cold or being able to feel the water as you go dip your feet in?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
oh its gonna happen you just wait and see, artificial limbs, even whole bodies. The future looks very technofilic to me....i would say in 50 years we will have a world kind of like that in the movie ghost in the shell....its not my cup of tea though....just imagine getting lost in the desert with half of your body needing repair

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by build319
In the world of cyber punk novels this is fairly common. People have computers intergrated into their bodies which can do a whole bunch of neat things. I personally would love to be around to see this. In an article just written by mwm1331, he spoke about implantable lenses for vision correction. I imagine the day when you are able to put a contact lense or an implantable one at that where It can communicate to a computer. So essientially you will have a Heads Up Display in your eye. Computers are getting more advanced for the disabled where they can learn to type and move a mouse by thinking where it needs to go. Just imagine the possibilities you had your own personal WiFi so you could intergrate any aspect of your life with this system.

So this all poses an interesting question. How long will it take for something like this to be available? Will people take to the possibility of it? Is it even plausible?

Yeh agreed AA heck I joust got a pain in the bodie! anyways implanting nano robotics keep our bodie healthy and alive.. There is so much to imagine..

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nanomachines will definately be amazing, being able to repair your body on a molecular level. Does anyone know much about the production of tissue for people?

top topics

join