It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know you played a game too long or been online too long when you....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You know you've been playing Minecraft too long when you go outside at night and think "I need a torch!".

It has happened to me every time after 8-9 hours long multiplayer sessions with my siblings. When I was coming home I'd kept thinking a skeleton was going to spawn in the dark

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
When you try to strike up conversation with a stranger about games...because in your mind everyone plays games.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Guilty as heck for the "dreaming about the game" thing.
I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter of the years, it's become a real issue. It got to a point where I was having a really nice dream about a peaceful meadow and a market (somewhat Animal Crossing style! CROSSOVER DREAMS FTW!) and this monster just barrels and rolls towards me, and starts chasing me, and I'm like... gah.. no weapons...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I play Star Trek online. I often dream of my Bridge officers offering their opinion on dreams that unrelated to the game.

You know you played a game too long:
1)When your friends and family call you Admiral and ask where did you park the starship.
2)When you argue with someone and when things get out of hand you threaten that you'll send then to the brig.
3)When you order Romulan ale in the bar that you frequent and the bartender KNOWS what it is.
4)When you only notice the time, when your alarm clock is going off to "wake" you up for work.
5)When you name everything you eat and drink with names of the game.
6) When you are about to make a decision you think the Tactical,the Science and the Engineering option.
7)When you think to quit your job, coz you don't devote much time to the fleet.

And i could go on forever.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
while deeply into Skyrim last year, i was walking to a friends house and while passing someone's garden i nearly snatched the lavender they were growing. it's useful for some great recipes and potions

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

OMG, in my previous house, I had a dream Alduin somehow got stuck within the confines of my home (darn glitches) and I locked myself in the bathroom, and he couldn't get in, but then I couldn't get out and I kept waiting for the flames that never came...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Indeed you know you've been playing too long when the game starts to mix with reality.

I had that with tombraider 1.
In real life, every block-like object in my way, I wanted to 'vault on top off it'.
Complete with the groaning of Lara.

Though it's been a long time, sometimes I still catch myself hearing the sigh after Lara takes a medpack.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
....when you start nodding off playing and mumbling incoherently in teamspeak

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
When you light up a cigarette at your work desk because your so used to doing it at home.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You know you played too long when you say "another 5 more mins" but it has actually been 3 hours since you said that.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
You Know you've been playing to long when :
You start conversing with the cutouts you made of character's like they're actually there.
You start picking up random sword-like object's (or whatever weapon you prefer at that moment) and using them like a favorite character (complete with yelling out move name's IF applicable).
You decide to Change you're NAME dye you're hair, and even dress like a game character, and yes when you remember to, TALK walk and even BREATH like them.
You take a history quiz and have you're teacher explain to you that, no Ganondorf did NOT start world war 2 in 1939.

I could do more, But have other things to do.... Namely keep failing at making this Kratos Aurion outfit......

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
When all you can see is lines of different coloured candy when you close your eyes.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You know you played a game too long or been online too long when you....

RUN FASTER WITH A KNIFE!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
When the games interferes with your happily single status.

*waits patiently to see if a certain someone sees this*

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join