It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know you played a game too long or been online too long when you....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
You know you have played the game too long when you go jogging with a knife in your hand. You run faster when the knife is equiped.

Stolen from a episode of Pure Pwnage tv show. If you are a gamer and havent seen it check it out.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
You know you have played the game too long when you go jogging with a knife in your hand. You run faster when the knife is equiped.

Stolen from a episode of Pure Pwnage tv show. If you are a gamer and havent seen it check it out.

Never heard about that show, but sure will.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

It must have had next to no budget but its a laugh none the less. All gamers would get a crack out of it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You look in the sky, see a plane, then suddenly you'd get an urge to 'spot' the plane as if real life was Battlefield.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
When I see plants and wonder what potions I can make (Oblivion and Skyrim)

When I see metal pipes and imagine Mario going through them.

When you see an animal in the wild and wonder how much experience points they'd be worth.

When you imagine doing a backstab on your boss.

When you try to make Skyrim food recipes in real life because it looked good in the game.

When you assign threat levels to everyone on the street, and try and determine if they will go Aggro on you.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
when you automatically assume the gaming claw position (awsd) when at work on your work computer.

when you want to check out ATS but accidently start running the game you have been playing through habit rather than clicking on firefox/internet explorer.

when you say lol instead of laughing when somebody says something funny.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

When you realize you have not blinked in the last 40 mins and when you notice it, and blink, your in pain and essentially blinded for 10 mins.
Mostly happens on FPS games, you know, fast paced stuff.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
When you scream at every other player in your online game even without a mic for getting in your way.

When you haven't showed in three days.

When that paper that is due in a week suddenly becomes due tomorrow, and you still haven't showered.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
when you have a callus on your mouse hand wrist bone

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
When you've wiped the WASD completely off the keyboard.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
When you are bored in class, you think about how you would plan to defeat certain boss instead of doing the test.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was a FFXI player for over 5 years. Started out on Remorah until it merged with Leviathan. I quit almost exactly 2 years ago.

For those of us that were players...

You know you are playing to much FFXI when you hop in your car and start humming the chocobo music....

Looking forward to seeng the "new" FFXIV vers 2.0 Might be interesting.

They just released a new full expansion for FFXI...

The only way I'd go back would be if they made it free to play and allowed you to buy things from an online store for game use. I would go back for that. I never got to finish my Relic...If I could buy one fully upgraded, I'd go back.
edit on 3/7/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
I was a FFXI player for over 5 years. Started out on Remorah until it merged with Leviathan. I quit almost exactly 2 years ago.

For those of us that were players...

You know you are playing to much FFXI when you hop in your car and start humming the chocobo music....

Looking forward to seeng the "new" FFXIV vers 2.0 Might be interesting.

They just released a new full expansion for FFXI...

The only way I'd go back would be if they made it free to play and allowed you to buy things from an online store for game use. I would go back for that. I never got to finish my Relic...If I could buy one fully upgraded, I'd go back.
edit on 3/7/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

I highly doubt they will make it cash store kinda concept.. it would just means if you are rich = you will have everything. Cash/Store concept kills the longevity of the game., so a big company like Square Enix would not dirty the FF franchise with something like that.
I been on Beta FFXIV 1.0, then played the game 1.0 for almost 2 yrs, then joined FFXIV ARR Alpha 2.0, now currently in FFXIV ARR 2.0 Beta. Game is much more casual friendly now.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

That might be true as far as a cash store, but I used to know a lot of people in my linkshell that had done everything and they kept on paying and playing just for the community, camaraderie and social time. It might get those that are just there to "beat the game" to drop out sooner but I knew a lot of folks that, once they had done it all, used to sit in the towns, craft and/or just help other people get things done. I see it as a way to "level" the playing field.

But, I digress. The only way I would go back would be if they made that an option for at least certain things. In this day and age, I do not have 8 hours a day, everyday.

I know FFXIV ver. 1.0 was "supposed" to be more casual player friendly but I heard terrible things about it. I have not seen any info really about 2.0. The thing is, I really loved the basics of FFXI. The dual job combinations were a win. The open, non-linear format was a win.

There have been times over the last two years that I have thought about going back and my wife gives me "the look"...lmao. Then I remember the stupid crap they brought out that made me decide to quit...aka...the Abyssea add-ons.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Haha yup.. Abyssea made it no longer an FFXI, but i guess some people find it fun, FFXI still has decent population.

Your wife probably didn't want to go back to the "old days" where you would spend hours playing lol... i played FFXI for 8 yrs.

The thing was, when i played FFXI i was a teenager, i had lots of time on my hand, now i have a career, but do not have time taht much time. But 2.0 is definitely much better game... altho its all in the contents of the game, which is not out yet.

I also wish they take good stuff from FFXI, not the huge time sink. But im glad i played FFXI during its glory days.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, what were your main jobs and levels when you quit? I won't rattle off each job but my fav was my Beastmaster lvl 90 and then my Red mage level 90...I had whm to 50, Nin to 50, war to 50 and thf to 50. (I leveled the important sub jobs to 50 for the anticipated 99 level cap)I spent most of my time soloing as a beastmaster and was normally sub jobbing whm...though when I did the fights in the past (Wings of the Goddess expansion) - I forget what they were called!....I was usually Bst/nin. Those were fun as hell! I loved the past!

I actually soloed the Chains of Promathia God fight as Bst/nin lvl 90. It was fun shiz! As a Bst/nin or Bst/whm...I soloed a LOT of stuff that no other job would have had a prayer doing...

I admit man...I was sooo addicted to that game! If I was home and not working, I was playing...and your right...my wife often gave me some serious lip service for it!

If I could reactivate and buy my "Guttler" relic for my beast...I'd be there in a New York minute...blessings of the wife or not...lmao!

edit on 3/8/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Hmm lets see.. Started in 2003... officially deactivated account in 2011 but stopped playing around 2009.

75NIN, 75 RDM, 75 WAR, 75 DRK, 75 MNK, 75 SAM, 75 BLU, 75 THF, thats all i remember for now, im sure there is like 2 more jobs.

i spend 4 yrs doing HNM only, i got my Ebody/Ridill (8th North American on my server) in 2005. Acquired 90% of the HNM, Dalmatica, multiple Abjurations, and gear by 2007, pretty much complete 95% of the game content up to Wings of the Goddess. I did Ballista and other PvP after words, by end of 2008, i was retty much in the game as an officer to regulate camping an events.

I didn;t experience the post level cap raise, i would assume you could so so many things with abilities unlocked from sub jbs.. like refresh, it was probably fun for a while.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Oh...you were one of those....

I never concerned myself with doing "it all"....I had certain jobs I really liked and others i did not. My Rdm could throw a smack down and fight just about anything....but second only to my beastmaster. My Beast was a pagan God....I could just about fight anything in the right environment...If i had things to charm...i was going to win....period.....

I really do miss the game...I pulled the discs out and have been seriously thinking about reloading it....I just hate the financial mechanics more than anything....I have an account...let me reactivate and here is the billing account info....seems logical...but no...they get way overboard in the info needed sections....

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Reason for my last keyboard replacement! I had worn those keys and my space bar completely out to the point they no longer worked.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
You've been playing the game too long when even you are asleep you are thinking about your next move or what you should have done. Also, if your fingers start to get sore from using the keyboard and mouse.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join